Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Frances Reid Update
Topic Started: Sep 10 2008, 03:19 PM (1,466 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

* Many of you have emailed to ask when Frances Reid (Alice) will make her return to DAYS. Unfortunately, we have no word on that, but for those of you who have inquired about her health, I spoke with a rep from the show today who tells me, "Frances is doing well. Please thank all of her fans for their concern."

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm disappointed we won't be seeing her onscreen anytime soon, but obviously her health is the most important thing. I'm glad she's doing okay.

Days4Life

I love the character of Alice Horton, and I would love to see her on the show again soon, but Frances' health is the most important thing. I hope she continues to be well.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It's good to hear Frances is doing better health wise. When she's ready to appear on-screen, I'm sure they'll use her.

ginababe
BANNED

That is good to hear that she is doing well, that was my main concern as far as seeing her onscreen, I would love for that too happen but her health is the most important thing. She's like everyone's grandmother! :D

Pearly
Member Avatar

I love hearing that she is healthy. That's great. I do miss her on the show though. :frown:

Thanks, Angie.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Glad she's doing well.

Thanks for the updated, Angie!

Deleted User
Deleted User

So glad she's doing well. I think we might see her during the holidays. If not, she'll probaly never be able to be on DAYS again. She is 93 years old now.
Quote Post Goto Top

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Aww, I'm really happy to happy that Frances is doing well. Thanks for posting, Angie! :smile:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Glad she is doing well. That is the most important thing.

I think they will still check in and prepare stuff for her and, if she makes it, fine. I don't expect to see her any other time but Christmas now, which is fine. Just as long as she's ok.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm positive DAYS will forever hold a special place in Frances' heart, and if she's able to be on the show, she'll be there.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

DrewHamilton
Sep 10 2008, 10:44 PM
I'm positive DAYS will forever hold a special place in Frances' heart, and if she's able to be on the show, she'll be there.
ITA! I hope FR can return in the future, everytime she's on now I tear up a little as she really is special to me as lame as that may sound.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kirk
Sep 10 2008, 11:15 PM
ITA! I hope FR can return in the future, everytime she's on now I tear up a little as she really is special to me as lame as that may sound.
It's not lame, LoL. I think many fans think of Alice as like a third grandmother.
Edited by Mason, Sep 10 2008, 11:50 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Exactly.

I've only had one grandmother my whole life. My father never really knew his. My maternal grandmother is very ill and she hooked me on Days in the 80's and even supplied me with tapes of some stuff from the late 70's and from 1980-1983 so I could catch up. I was so interested in it that I wanted to see more. She always taped the show since she worked and we would watch together constantly. She adored Frances Reid. Her and I would always talk about Days, even when we couldn't watch together. Now, it's hard because she's so sick that she can't watch and is having trouble talking so we can't share anymore. In alot of ways, my grandmother is why I love this shwo so much and maybe why I defend it so much. So many special memories.

Now that I've rambled needlessly (tough night, sorry), I've always thought of Frances Reid as being my second grandmother. She reminds me alot of my grandmother. Frances is known to curse in real life and the character of Alice is feisty and so goes my grandmother. They both have the same loving nature despite that. My grandmother was big on family and so is the character of Alice Horton. So many similarities.

Alice Horton and Frances Reid are such an important part of my life that anytime I see her, it's special. I hope she remains well and that we see her whenever she is able.

llaroo87

Phoenix Rising, Yes she does curse in real life, I saw some bloopers and she was worried about some one and she could not think of the kids name she said somthing like "billy, and whatever the little fu#$%rs name is" LOL

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

Love Frances Reid, she is a legend. That said, I wish I could believe this, but I don't really. I think if she really was doing well, she'd would have been on the show for the July 4th eppy.

I do wish her all the best, and that she is being taken care of - she deserves it.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Aawww! God bless Frances Reid!! Glad she is doing well! My thoughts and prayers are always with her!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 10 2008, 11:49 PM
Kirk
Sep 10 2008, 11:15 PM
It's not lame, LoL. I think many fans think of Alice as like a third grandmother.
Yep!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply