Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC talks to Jay Kenneth Johnson
Topic Started: Sep 10 2008, 03:50 PM (1,035 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Not the greatest interview ever, but he was fun to talk to.

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Gossip+Boy/Soaps/Features/Articles/080910_jay_kenneth_johnson_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

I loved it! Thanks for posting! :D

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

they better make sure Jay re-signs with the show, he really is needed..

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It almost sounds like Johnson isn't interested in re-signing. I hope he does.

Jonatha

Thanks, Nelson. JKJ is the Brad Pitt of daytime. You should have asked him about the connection between him and Brad. They attended the same high school, Kickapoo, in Springfield Missouri (at different times, of course). Wonder what's in the water there? :smile:

Pearly
Member Avatar

Okay, so the past few times I've seen an actor/actress' name in the DR News forum has been about a firing. With that said, when I glanced quickly at the topic line and saw JKJ's name, I had a nervous twitch (and it wasn't an eye one). That was scary. :drunk:

However, reading the interview really doesn't put me at ease. JKJ comes across as very nonchalant about his contract with Days and THAT worries me. If Morgan is leaving and Chloe is with Lucas, I'm concerned that they may not resign him. I hope he stays. I wouldn't want to lose one of the better actors on the show.

Thanks Nelson.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Crap! Someone please resign JKJ! I love him, he can act and he is gorgeous! Loved the interview!
Worried that he is gone!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson! I enjoyed reading this interview!

Quote:

Eden Riegel, Lindsay Hartley and Justin Hartley are producing and writing their own web shows.

:dance:

KittyKat
Member Avatar

Nelson, may I ask how long ago you did the interview?

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I did it at the end of June, but I adjusted his contract expiration date.

KittyKat
Member Avatar

Thanks!

Btw- It was a fun interview.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good interview, Nelson. Jay seems like alot of fun.

I've read lots of interviews from him in the past and he's always avoided the contract issue. He did that in 2002 before leaving. Most actors will do that and will try to keep it in house so that they don't make themselves look bad or do something that can be detrimental to their own personal cause. I'm sure he's frustrated and I can't blame him. Morgan and Philip were just taking off and they can her. Dumb. Jay seemed so excited about that too.

Two points though...Jay has to be happy with his screentime and the fact he's been working with the vets alot this past year. His character has been given meaty material and is basically almost a lead role now. Also, in 2002, he announced he was leaving about 4 months before he left so I think he cares enough about the show to tell them in advance. I think we will hear something soon if he is leaving. I'm not shocked they haven't approached him. I think they are still working on the deal with NBC and alot may depend on budget and who may have to go. I can see why he's shocked they haven't come to him though considering how important he is now.

Another thing is Jay did find alot of work outside Days yet he returned despite that. He seems to like it there so maybe he will stay. I didn't detect a negative view on the show on his part. I worry more about James Scott because he seems downright frustrated at times with his character and I can't say I blame him.

I do hope Jay stays though. I love him in the role.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I've noticed that about JS, too, Tim, and wonder if Ej's frustration isn't just his own.
One other time I felt bad for JKJ: He was at a women's convention I attended last winter, and I asked him how he would have felt about a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder storyline for Philip. It would have made Shelligan's Island that more palatable. He said he really would have liked that. He was kind of vague, but I think he wanted us to understand that's what they were enticing him with to return to begin with...a nice meaty storyline like that. Of course, it never materialized. So, Philip was BSC with no real foundation. But, he's so diplomatic.
He also made sure we knew that he and Brad Pitt were never in school at the same time, LOL. I guess he gets that question a lot. Since he went to MSU (formerly SMSU), they also asked him if he ever partied with John Goodman. Uh, i think there are more than a few years separating them....

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Also, in 2002, he announced he was leaving about 4 months before he left so I think he cares enough about the show to tell them in advance.

Actually, Jay told the show 18 months in advance that he would not be renewing his contract, and it screwed his character and his Phloe fans, so I can see him being more careful this time so that such a thing wouldn't happen again. Having talked to him about it in the past, he really regrets telling them so early but it was his first time on a soap and he didn't realize what the outcome of such an admission would be.

This interview was also back in June, so that was probably in the midst of the ES/DH drama, and I can't imagine anybody was very pleased to be working in such an atmosphere. And his contract situation (hopefully) might have changed between then and now.

annalee003
Member Avatar

Great interview!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Really? I thought it was all over the place, and it was hard to get a story out of him. But he's SUPER nice and sweet.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Well, if you weren't satisfied with this interview, you could always interview him again . . . I for one would read it!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Good idea! Any reason to, right?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply