Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:National Enquirer spoiler; for wk of 9/22
Topic Started: Sep 10 2008, 09:15 PM (5,784 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The mayor of Salem announces the new police commissioner - Hope Brady!

Second Chances
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 10 2008, 09:15 PM

Second Chances
I've been waiting for this spoiler..Can't wait to see how effects Bo and Hope...

Ellie

Thanks Angie!

Didn't Hope just rejoin the force a few months ago? Kind of random, no? What about Roman?

ginababe
BANNED

WTF????

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 10 2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks Angie!

Didn't Hope just rejoin the force a few months ago? Kind of random, no? What about Roman?
Odds are she's replacing Abe for when he "storms out" of the station.

I still don't see what the big deal is though, not unless she can get Bo out of future funks, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

fenderbabe
Sep 10 2008, 09:41 PM
Odds are she's replacing Abe for when he "storms out" of the station.
Yep, I'm sure that's it.

Quote:

I still don't see what the big deal is though, not unless she can get Bo out of future funks, lol.
lol - just more plot-based Higley writing. Personally I'll be happy to see Kristian on screen more, but it would be a bonus if the story made sense too.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Angie79
Sep 10 2008, 09:15 PM

Second Chances
Whoa, didn't see that coming!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I just think it will be a nice dynamic for Bo and Hope, for Hope to be Bo's boss...Its probably the most interesting story they've had in a long time..Lets just hope Higley follows through..

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Wow that is a something i didn't see coming, should be very interesting!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...shocking but I like it.

I was just thinking Roman would be commissioner and Hope would get his job as commander while Bo got demoted. I didn't see this coming.

Yes, it requires some suspending of disbelief but it's not that out there. First off, Hope has come and go from the force so she has accumulated time. Plus, I think what this is about is they don't want a Brady getting the job. Yes, Hope is married to Bo but she's one who is smart and has no controversy surrounding her. As by the book as Roman is, how many times has he bent the rules for Marlena? I think Hope is trusted more as far as judgment. She won't just act and be consumed by her emotions. I also have to wonder if this is a calculated move, perhaps on Stefano's part. It was said that this mayor is power-hungry and Stefano does know people who pull strings. I have to wonder if maybe Stefano arranged this to cause trouble with Bo and Hope and maybe even cause tension with Hope and Roman. He may want to tear the Brady's apart from the inside and maybe even use those tensions as a distraction so he can fulfill his other plans.

It's been said alot how Hope is the smartest person at the PD so I guess this is a good choice :laugh: .

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I speculated this would be the case, not so much Hope getting the commissioner's job, but Hope being promoted over Bo. I am a little surprised to see her get the top notch job though. Yes, it's pretty impossible for someone of Hope's position in the police department to automatically be promoted to commissioner, but this is a soap and the show needs an established character in that position. And since it looks like Abe leaves the force, and maybe Roman and Bo are demoted, Hope would be the only other logical choice.

And this will definitely cause heat between Bo and Hope. Bo is not the type of man that is going to take orders from a woman, especially his wife. And then you have Hope, who is going to want the resepct from Bo.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The CDN TV Guide spoilers aren't up for the wk of 9/22 yet (not sure why), but these are the episode titles for Mon-Wed:

"Lexie Visits Her Father"

"Abe's Request"

"John's Seizure"

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Sep 10 2008, 10:43 PM
And this will definitely cause heat between Bo and Hope. Bo is not the type of man that is going to take orders from a woman, especially his wife. And then you have Hope, who is going to want the respect from Bo.
Right, but that would be in a world of good character-based writing. Which is why I think unfortunately none of that is going to happen, or perhaps if we're lucky, one or two shows.

Ellie

Angie79
Sep 10 2008, 10:47 PM
The CDN TV Guide spoilers aren't up for the wk of 9/22 yet (not sure why), but these are the episode titles for Mon-Wed:

"Abe's Request"

"John's Seizure"
Thanks Angie!

John's seizure... maybe the start of that 'erratic behavior' due to his incomplete programming from Stefano?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thanks, Angie.

Those sound interesting. I'm liking where things are going.

As Drew said, this is not realistic but I don't mind suspending some disbelief. This show has done worse and, frankly, if Lexie could be chief of staff then Hope can be commissioner, especially considering how Hope has a pretty good record. I still think Stefano may have the mayor on his side and this is a move on his part to cause tension between Abe, Roman, Bo, Hope, Roman, etc.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Angie79

"Abe's Request"

"John's Seizure"
I like all these, looks like we have some interesting stuff coming up..

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I am really enjoying seeing Abe and Lexie more often, I hope their screentime continues to stay this way. I like these spoilers as well, hopefully it translates well on screen.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Go Hope! Finally some interesting writing for Bope.

Sindacco

Angie79

"Abe's Request"

"John's Seizure"
Finally some Stefano/Lexie scenes. Thanks for posting.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Sep 10 2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks Angie!

Gee, another OLTL connection.............revolving door police commissioners?
I guess I need to watch this to see if it really makes sense..........or how it makes sense.......IF it makes sense......Oh, well, I guess that's empowering women! Lexie as chief of staph (for now), and now Hope, plus Kate with her new line.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply