Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Victoria Rowell Interview at Daytime Confidential
Topic Started: Sep 11 2008, 08:27 AM (1,155 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/victoria-rowell-interview#comments

I am surprised that no one has posted about this interview yet. She doesn't hold back which I respect her greatly for.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Great interview. Victoria Rowell needs to be back on Daytime. She's just an amazing actress.

Thanks for posting.

MarlandRulez
Member Avatar

scary stuff! Michelle Stafford always struck me as a genuinely sweet woman - having a lot of class, being down to earth and not taking herself seriously. I think Vicky Rowell was LOOKING for a fight. It was just an acting choice... i mean on KRAMER vs KRAMER Dustin Hoffman slapped Meryl Streep across the face before a scene without her knowing, in order for them to generate the necessary vitriol in a scene. Maybe Vicky was pissed off that Michelle was on the Emmy ballot year after year?
I'm sorry but i can't believe that Stafford would behave like an immature bully... Vicky Rowell sounds really deluded and scarily self obsessed - zero modesty too. What's even more apparent are the two narrators of the live stream obviously intimidated by Rowell and sucking up to her... those long silences show the hosts obvious discomfort and inadequacy to debate why Rowell's behavior may seem a little bit self indulgent.

To shift the focus a bit, one cast member who i do feel was shafted was Kimberlin Brown, especially by Tracey Bregman, a vastly inferior costar who always likes to tell the magazines that "Sheila will NEVER return - i shot her."
Edited by MarlandRulez, Sep 11 2008, 10:25 AM.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Okay...I am not done listening, but I wanted to comment...

I definitely think she was punished for speaking her mind. I applaud her for speaking out of the inequity on “soap opera media” coverage for black actors. And the problems many black actors face with hair and make-up (she isnt the only blk actress to say this). If you sit-down and shut-up, change will never happen. I am not saying that she is a saint (and she does have a healthy Ego), but she has a lot of valid points....and I greatly appreciate her blunt honesty.
Edited by Nubia, Sep 11 2008, 09:59 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Go VR! Speak your mind!!

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Rakesh198
Sep 11 2008, 11:04 AM
Go VR! Speak your mind!!
Word!....I can't wait for the "Women Who Raised Me" TV Movie...it was a wonderful book. And I am looking forward to her novel, "Secrets of a Opera Diva"

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

My mom really misses her on Y&R. I loved her too!

I can't wait to see those too.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

You're a psychic Rakesh, lol....currently listening to this never-ending interview.

Always liked VR but sometimes you've gotta let things go....if Y&R wanted her back it would happen in the meanwhile, do you and let your work speak for itself.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kudos to Victoria for advocating for the return of the Winters/Barber family and strong black female characters. I also liked her insight on re-casting Dru. Her assessment is very true (even admitting that no one is irreplaceable...but it was be a difficult to feel the role).

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

- LOL @ the Valley Girl comment! and the "Young and the Rest of Us" :laugh:

- And yes, please....get Neil out of the studio apartment! lol.
Edited by Nubia, Sep 11 2008, 11:39 AM.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I'm sorry, but calling Bergman a schizo, making fun of Khalil (no matter how much she sucks), and saying she's the reason Y&R's been #1 was highly unprofessional and and egotistical.

This interview did her no favours.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Sep 11 2008, 03:50 PM.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/olivia/2008/0...ia-wilder-times

Someone brought this interview up on another board, it's an interview that Doug Davidson did in June, but somehow never got any notice until now.

The Victoria Rowell comments start about 55 minutes in.

The interviewer says, "Everyone wants Dru back."

Davidson replies, "Everyone would be a gross exaggeration, she (Victoria Rowell) made it very difficult for production to get work done. You know soap budgets are striking, so we have to get as much work done as easy and as fast as possible. With her there, that wasn't the case. Now we're able to do a lot more and do it a lot quicker."

He was as nice as possible about it and insinuated that everyone had to be team player in the current environment, but he didn't feel like Victoria Rowell was a team player.

Keep in mind that Paul was hardly in any scenes with Dru, Rowell's problems with production has to be the reason many behind the scenes people and castmates don't like her.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Sep 11 2008, 05:48 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

MarlandRulez
Sep 11 2008, 10:19 AM
scary stuff! Michelle Stafford always struck me as a genuinely sweet woman - having a lot of class, being down to earth and not taking herself seriously. I think Vicky Rowell was LOOKING for a fight. It was just an acting choice... i mean on KRAMER vs KRAMER Dustin Hoffman slapped Meryl Streep across the face before a scene without her knowing, in order for them to generate the necessary vitriol in a scene. Maybe Vicky was pissed off that Michelle was on the Emmy ballot year after year?
I'm sorry but i can't believe that Stafford would behave like an immature bully... Vicky Rowell sounds really deluded and scarily self obsessed - zero modesty too. What's even more apparent are the two narrators of the live stream obviously intimidated by Rowell and sucking up to her... those long silences show the hosts obvious discomfort and inadequacy to debate why Rowell's behavior may seem a little bit self indulgent.

To shift the focus a bit, one cast member who i do feel was shafted was Kimberlin Brown, especially by Tracey Bregman, a vastly inferior costar who always likes to tell the magazines that "Sheila will NEVER return - i shot her."
While I don't know either woman personally, I've always enjoyed their acting. I've gotten a vibe before that VR is probably a little "difficult" backstage. But if an "acting choice" consisted of another performer hitting me or ESPECIALLY spitting on me, their next "choice" would be which hospital they wanted to be rushed to! I think Michelle Stafford spitting on Victoria Rowell, improv or no, is plenty of justification for VR's attitude towards MS!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 11 2008, 05:38 PM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/olivia/2008/0...ia-wilder-times

The Victoria Rowell comments start about 55 minutes in.

Someone brought this interview up on another board, it's an interview that Doug did in June, but somehow never got any notice until now.

The interview says, "Everyone wants Dru back."

Davidson replies, "Everyone would be a gross exaggeration, she (Victoria Rowell) made it very difficult for production to get work done. You know soap budgets are striking, so we have to get as much work done as easy and as fast as possible. With her there, that wasn't the case. Now we're able to do a lot more and do it a lot quicker."

He was as nice as possible about it and insinuated that everyone had to be team player in the current environment, but he didn't feel like Victoria Rowell was a team player.

Keep in mind that Paul was hardly in any scenes with Dru, Rowell's problems with production has to be the reason many behind the scenes people and castmates don't like her.
Again, I have no doubt that VR is a talented but difficult actress. I believe DD and I think that the chances of VR returning are slim. I loved Drucilla and hated what LML did to the character before her "demise". But the show was number one long before Drucilla hit GC so there IS a bit of ego fed hyperbole in her suggesting she was responsible for the show being in first place. I was interrupted and couldn't get as far as the CK comments which don't sound like anything I'm going to enjoy. Making fun of her is DEFINITELY small and unprofessional. As far as Bergman goes, why is it any worse for Ms Rowell to make the schizo remark in response to his saying she wasn't playing with a full deck? Should she or could she have taken the high road? Maybe and her comment might have been a bit childish and "tit for tat". But I'm sure PB's remarks hurt, especially if the man was something of a friend. The fact that he bought a gift for her son implies that he was. If he was so worried about her mental state, why couldn't he have reached out in private instead of making provocative comments to the press?

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

Grandpa Hughes
Sep 11 2008, 06:02 PM
I believe DD and I think that the chances of VR returning are slim. The show was number one long before Drucilla hit GC so there IS a bit of ego fed hyperbole in her suggesting she was responsible for the show being in first place.
Co-sign to this.....my god, somehow I finally got to finish this damned near hour of pomposity. I like VR, but she's got a lot to learn, after all bitch ain't a Susan Lucci or Anthony Geary!

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I'm listening to the interview right now but if Victoria is to be believed, Michelle Stafford has no class. I've been suspect about her for quite a while.

Peter Bergman was completely out of line with his comments.

I admire Victoria's outspokenness, but I do believe that she can perhaps be difficult to work with. She is not one to put on airs and that offends some people.

Lily does sound like a Valley girl.

Q Steph
Member Avatar

Nubia
Sep 11 2008, 10:42 AM
Okay...I am not dont listening, but I wanted to comment...

I definitely think she was punished for speaking her mind. I applaud her for speaking out of the inequity on “soap opera media” coverage for black actors. And the problems many black actors face with hair and make-up (she isnt the only blk actress to say this). If you sit-down and shut-up, change will never happen. I am not saying that she is a saint (and she does have a healthy Ego), but she has a lot of valid points....and I greatly appreciate her blunt honesty.
Your posts in this thread are akin to testimonials. I hope to one day exude the same confidence Victoria has in speaking her mind and not holding her tongue. I admire that she is advocating the issues that do go unheralded.

I still believe that, despite her sincerity, I can recognize that she may be a diva but she was a sweetheart to me when i met her.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Pssh, bitch only wants the last word!
Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar

I love Victoria, but she's got quite an ego. Her commentary is insightful but filled with self adulation. It blunts her honest criticism that should be given a voice.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply