Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Burton OUT! Pelphrey IN!
Topic Started: Sep 11 2008, 04:50 PM (1,300 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Ins And Outs At GENERAL HOSPITAL
Burton out. Marcil on hold. Pelphrey in. The revolving door in Port Charles may have a busy fall. Soap Opera Weekly has all the juicy tidbits (MonaVie anyone?) in the Sept. 23 issue.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

I wish SOD gave more info on the two items. It could be that Burton is just going on vacation and they are playing it up to gain readers.

Mason
Member Avatar

Pelphrey is in? Does that mean he's going back to GL again, or is he going to GH since he's lumped in with Burton/Marcil? Do I even care? LoL

jcar03
Member Avatar

I do believe it is in at GH since it has revolving door in Port Charles. And your second question no you don't care, lol.

Ellie

The Sept 23 issue is the one that comes out this week. (The issue that the other articles posted here are from.) I have the magazine - I can read it and summarize for you...

Ellie

Ok, the Pelphrey thing is that "sources" say GH wants Pelphrey "to play Sonny and Olivia's son, the result of a long-ago fling." GH had no comment by press time.

Ellie

Marcil: "Any hopes GH might have of welcoming back Vanessa Marcil (ex-Brenda) have been put on hold with the news that Marcil has joined the cast of NBC's Lipstick Jungle." It goes on to describe the Lipstick Jungle character, and then the article says that Lipstick Jungle is taped in NYC which would make it difficult for her to be on GH.

Ellie

Burton: It's a whole long article that with his contract up in November, "rumors are intensifying" that he'll leave, but GH has no comment. It then says that according to "one source", he makes enough money from his second job as a MonaVie juice distributor that he doesn't need to work on GH.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Thanks Ellie! I'm not a huge Pelphrey fan but I can't deny that he has real talent. He deserves to be on a show with better ratings than GL. Of course, the Farmer's Weather Report has better ratings than GL right now. I don't know how the show has survived the past couple of years.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I've heard he makes quite the pretty penny selling his juice. He could easily survive off of it.

King
Member Avatar

OMG! Pelphrey!

Wait, who the hell is Olivia?

I am OBSESSED with Tom Pelphrey!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

King
Sep 11 2008, 08:02 PM

I am OBSESSED with Tom Pelphrey!
LOL

I like him too. GL should have kept him!

Mason
Member Avatar

GH may be courting the hell out of him, but I really don't think TP would join another soap while he still has a very bright future ahead of him. I could only see him continuing to do return visits to GL out of gratitude for getting him where he is now. Maybe if he doesn't have as much success as I think he will, he'll join another soap down the line, but I just can't imagine his talent will go unnoticed.

Deleted User
Deleted User

UGH, if Burton is playing with my emotions I'll give call up a real hitmar. Bitch needs to leave the show now, though the piece of crap that is supposedly General Hospital is still going to continue to suck leaps and bounds with Mr. Hack Hackerson Guza and stumble my lines Benard front and center. And now this new skank already had Sonny's baby. What the fuck does every woman need to have his sperm in their cunt for? WHAT THE FUCK!
Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I would watch Tom read the phone book. He's a talented, sexy beast!

I could care less about the loss of Burton to GH. Maurice Benard and Laura Wright can exit as well.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Q Steph
Sep 11 2008, 08:13 PM
I could care less about the loss of Burton to GH. Maurice Benard and Laura Wright can exit as well.
It seems dreams rarely ever come true. It's a nice thought though.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

What Brian Frons wants...Brian Frons GETS.

If he wants Pelphrey, he will GET him.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Sep 11 2008, 08:25 PM

God, why does that sound so dirty in my head? :puke:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Mason
Sep 11 2008, 08:26 PM
King
Sep 11 2008, 08:25 PM

God, why does that sound so dirty in my head? :puke:
It DIDN'T until you pointed it out! ROTFLMAO!!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

KING: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply