Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R News from TV Guide; Producing/Casting/Promotion News Per CBS
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 07:55 PM (705 Views)
oakdalelover

In the latest TV Guide issue,dated September 15-21 they are reporting that Paul Rauch will be the new EP for Y&R.

Rauch has held that position at Another World,One Life to Live and Guiding Light.

They also report that Jeanne Cooper will again be playing the waitress Marge on the show this fall.
Cooper,won an Emmy this year after 11 previous nominations. She had previously won a special lifetime achievment Emmy,

Nothing was said about Katherine's illness or the book she is writing with Amber.

I got the magazine in the mail today.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I hope they don't mess too much with Y&R. It's pretty good right now.

Kenny
Member Avatar

WOW! Marge? That's a blast from the past!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Cooper won an Emmy for doing double duty as the wacky waitress who took her identity.

Um...no she didn't! She may have received an Emmy nomination for her work as Marge but the one and only Emmy that Jeanne has one was in June and even though LML was writing, Marge was nowhere to be found, unless...Marge is Katherine and the real Katherine is MIA!!!

Mason
Member Avatar

I figured Rauch would be named the new EP eventually. I know a lot of people don't think he's a very good choice, but it could be much, much worse. Ellen Wheeler, anyone?

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Cooper didn't win an Emmy for that storyline, she won this past year for the first time ever.

oakdalelover

Quote:

Um...no she didn't! She may have received an Emmy nomination for her work as Marge but the one and only Emmy that Jeanne has one was in June

Quote:

Cooper didn't win an Emmy for that storyline, she won this past year for the first time ever

LOL! I knew that when I posted it. I was in a hurry when I typed it up and didn't go back and check it

.I do believe one of the noms she did get was for Katherine/Marge.

I have edited my original post.

Thanks Nelson and Josh!

brimike

Okay, so here's my speculation - this ties into the rumor we heard about Kay trying to fake it that Jill isn't her daughter (which probably has to do with making Chloe's baby no longer a Chancellor). A DNA test will have to be taken, so Kay will track down Marge and ask her to pretend to be her when she goes in for the DNA test to "prove" Jill and Cane are not related to her.

That's my guess, for the record. :-)

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Oh no worries, I thought that was the way the article was written!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I worry about Rauch being EP. I saw it coming but I'm still worried. The show is on a roll right now and I would hate to see it veer off course again.

I can't believe they screwed up that Cooper reference. It was such a big Emmy story last year with her winning for the first time. I'm on the fence about Marge returning but anything to give Cooper a solid story is ok by me.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

PhoenixRising05
Sep 8 2008, 11:51 PM
I worry about Rauch being EP. I saw it coming but I'm still worried. The show is on a roll right now and I would hate to see it veer off course again.

I feel like someone kicked me in the gut! This is HORRIBLE news for the show IMO! I liked the Marge storyline so that doesn't bother me and Cooper SHOULD have won an emmy for that performance! But the idea of that self-important old HACK getting his hands on Y&R truly makes me sick! He won't be able to help himself from veering off course! And this coming when the show IS on a roll makes it worse! I know that many people don't consider Griffith's firing a big loss! But hiring Rauch in his place is as bad as bringing back Latham! MAB thought JG interfered with her writing? After a few months of the Dictator, she'll be BEGGING for Griffith's return!

daysfan
Member Avatar

On OLTL, wasn't Rauch the one who added all that insane camp, in fact the very type that Ron has tried to remind us of this last couple of months? With Eterna and Viki in Heaven and all that...

Deleted User
Deleted User

daysfan
Sep 9 2008, 08:59 AM
On OLTL, wasn't Rauch the one who added all that insane camp, in fact the very type that Ron has tried to remind us of this last couple of months? With Eterna and Viki in Heaven and all that...
Yeppers
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I think Rauch is just there to produce the show, he won't have that much say in storylines, hello Maria's last name is Bell. If he walks all over her, she can just go to her husband and get him fired like she most likely did with Griffith.

He likely won't be there for long anyway, the guy is pushing 80.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Y&RWorldTurner
Sep 9 2008, 11:37 AM
I think Rauch is just there to produce the show, he won't have that much say in storylines, hello Maria's last name is Bell. If he walks all over her, she can just go to her husband and get him fired like she most likely did with Griffith.

He likely won't be there for long anyway, the guy is pushing 80.
From what I've read and heard, Josh Griffith was pushing his own writing agenda onto Maria Bell for quite awhile before he was finally taken to task. There were Bells involved, at least peripherally ,when LML was given free reign to ruin the show too. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who thinks that Rauch will be "hands off" with the Y&R storylines is, with all due respect, mistaken. I DO respect you, Y&RWorldTurner, and HOPE that you're correct. But every show this guy has been involved with has turned into a disaster going all the way back to the "Halcyon" days of ANOTHER WORLD. He simply is NOT a "hands off" type and I somehow doubt that he's mellowed with age. There are people who ADORED his and Harding Lemay's vision for AW which I truly believe was ultimately responsible for the show's long, long death march. There are fans of his run at OLTL where he did indeed bring his sci-fi GARBAGE(again my opinion.) to a show which had once been a gritty and socially relevent soap. That had, admittedly , changed somewhat BEFORE he went to OLTL. But after seeing the mess he made of GL while helming that show, I believe he loves the fantasy/sci-fi stuff that I loathe and which is the antithesis of what Y&R has always been! I saw a revolving door of writers at GL including Claire Labine made to look like hacks under Rauch's "producing". I remember him admitting that he was behind pushing Alexandra into the background because he felt that she was just serving the same function as Alan. The Reva/Clone story was one I could stomach and I thought it was wonderfully acted by Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman. "Cousin Dolly's" death scenes were poignant and affecting and that storyline introdued Victoria Spaulding. But then the Time Travel Via Painting fiasco was thrown out there and I had to turn the show off. IMO, if Rauch had known what he was doing with GL, there would BE no Ellen Wheeler producing the shadow of that show today. And I recall how he "saved" SANTA BARBARA. I'm obviously biased against the man, having had a bad experience via correspondence many years ago, but his track record also speaks for itself.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

brimike
Sep 8 2008, 10:10 PM
Okay, so here's my speculation - this ties into the rumor we heard about Kay trying to fake it that Jill isn't her daughter (which probably has to do with making Chloe's baby no longer a Chancellor). A DNA test will have to be taken, so Kay will track down Marge and ask her to pretend to be her when she goes in for the DNA test to "prove" Jill and Cane are not related to her.

That's my guess, for the record. :-)
With all of my wailing and gnashing of teeth over the Rauch news, I overlooked this post! LOL! I think that would be a great scenario!

brimike

^^^ LOL! It's all good.. gnash away! I'll join you! :-)

skiman1208
Member Avatar

According to CBS.com Maria Arena Bell is Co-Executive Producer along with Paul Rauch.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_young_and_the_restless/about/

Rauch joins Y&R Team
PAUL RAUCH has joined the series as co-executive producer. Paul brings a wealth of experience to Y&R, having served as an executive producer for more than 30 years on such series as GUIDING LIGHT, "Santa Barbara", "One Life to Live" and "Another World." Paul has also served as a producer and consultant on "SPTI" series overseas, including the Russian hit, "Poor Anastasya."

MARIA ARENA BELL has been promoted to co-executive producer while continuing to serve as head writer.

Paul will be overseeing the production of the show and Maria will continue to be in charge of the story.

Also, CAMILLE ST. CYR has joined the production team as casting director. Some of Camille’s previous credits include overseeing casting on the CBS prime time series NCIS and JAG for three seasons. She has also cast numerous pilots. Camille began her casting career in daytime at "General Hospital" and Port Charles followed by a stint at CBS Talent and Casting.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

skiman12082004
Sep 11 2008, 07:50 PM
According to CBS.com Maria Arena Bell is Co-Executive Producer along with Paul Rauch.
THANK GOD!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply