Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT — Pelphrey a Burton trap?; TVGC
Topic Started: Sep 12 2008, 11:22 AM (1,250 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

It will be fine, but it would be a loss — for a certain majority of fans. Not me — I think he needs a break, and it's not his fault. Personally, I think — despite SPW's claims — that Burton isn't challenged by the writing, and is bored to death with this crap.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good stuff, Nelson.

I will be overjoyed if Burton leaves. I doubt it though. I think it's a ploy as well. I wish Burton, Wright, and Benard would all go. The show would benefit immensely without them creatively but who knows the affect ratings-wise as I think there would be one.

As for TP, I like him but I can't see him on GH for some reason. He doesn't fit for me, personally. I also wouldn't wish that show on him right now. He fits better on OLTL or AMC IMO, that is if we are only limiting this to ABC. I can see Frons wanting him though.

Can't wait to see KN on NS. Wish another daytime soap would scoop her up. She's a gem.

OLTL is just a mess right now IMO. I honestly feel like I'm watching Passions. The camp is way too much and Ron is almost blatantly ripping shit off. Yes, soaps recycle stories, sometimes even their own, but I don't even think I can count the number of stories or ideas that are his on more then one hand. I love Tea but these returns feel like gimmicks to make up for bad stories (and, let's be honest, most of the returns this year have sucked, much like most of the soaps returns in recent years). I feel like Ron is being pushed or maybe the ratings not going up in spring scared him to the point where he turned in this direction. It sucks IMO. It's too drastic considering how good it was in May and even June, despite some obvious flaws.

Y&R is indeed the best show on air right now. Hogan has done wonders over there, just as I thought he would. Glad ED is signed long-term and that it was just a secret. Her reaction was pretty funny. I still can't believe that Rowell interview. Damn. There had been rumors but wow. I don't see her ever returning after that.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 13 2008, 02:47 AM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Mark Teschner told me Kathleen Noone is kicking major butt in the storyline! So prepare yourself! She finally has a real writer penning her scenes this time (Sorry JER).
Edited by hunterforrester, Sep 14 2008, 12:29 PM.

speedbump210

One thing Nelson: Rauch didn't bring Kim Zimmer back to GL. His predeccesor Michael Laibson and headwriter Douglas Anderson did in 1995 (a full year and a half before Rauch).

EDIT: Actually, I was wrong a tad bit too. Zimmer's first airdate was April 25, 1995, which was actually at the *very* tail end of JFP's tenure with the show. (However, you are correct that JFP was leary of bringing back Zimmer because she liked the show as more of an ensemble as opposed to Reva being the star of the show as she had been under Pam Long.) Laibson would begin his tenure on the show by the summer of 1995.
Edited by speedbump210, Sep 14 2008, 01:29 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Thanks... yep, I caught that Friday, it will be changed Monday!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Sep 14 2008, 12:29 PM
Mark Teschner told me Kathleen Noone is kicking major butt in the storyline! So prepare yourself! She finally has a real writer penning her scenes this time (Sorry JER).
You're saying sorry to JER? :o :laugh:

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

At first glance I thought this thread was titled Pelphrey a Burton top? :drunk:

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply