Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 9/15
Topic Started: Sep 12 2008, 04:03 PM (1,539 Views)
Tricky
Member Avatar

well the promo looks exciting enough but so much assassination is taking place of my fav characters that i just find myself not really caring anymore. i have some idea of up coming storylines and with dena at the helm. well i fully expect to be shit on some more and unhappy. they are just showing ejami in this to pacify us and keep us tuning in by throwing us bones. a lot of us have waited for over two years for ejami and our patience has reached its end...i cannot speak for all ejami fans of course but among the majority of us discontent is rapidly expanding now. and those ejami fans are finished with the show...if they want the fanbase back tuning in, they best make their corrections quickly. if they dont care about us watching thats fine. good luck to them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Stefano having Marlena reveal something pretty much EVERYONE knows already,dumbass must be slipping in his ways.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Sep 13 2008, 02:10 AM
I think it's more or less a humiliation thing. It reminds me of Belle's baptism when Stefano's mere presence forced Marlena to admit she had an affair right then and there, which humiliated her and showed that Marlena was no saint.
I was waiting for someone to bring that up, lol. This preview reminds me of that storyline only in that maybe Higley was mining past shows for storyline ideas and came up with this one. But that story was so well-written. Marlena's public confession was a confession to her husband as well, and she was shown for weeks, if not months, beforehand as incredibly fearful of the fact that someone would find out what had happened. She even had a bad dream about it, and she went to John to discuss things. John convinced her to keep quiet for her family's sake, but Marlena's terror continued to mount. Finally, Stefano showed up at the church and her bad dream became a reality, as she was forced to confess in front of not only her husband, but also her friends and extended family.

I'm sure whatever happens on next week's show will not bear much resemblance to that at all. The current writing is so shallow and the story so poorly developed that any confession that takes place will be pretty much meaningless. In addition to that, the line on Friday's show about "Trent is more dangerous than Stefano" shows me exactly what priority Higley is giving the Marlena-Stefano interaction. Marlena's confession in early '94 was the climax to almost a year's worth of well-written storyline; Marlena's confession next week will be a small plot point, as Higley continues to ruin yet another story which initally had so much potential.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Max is hot when he's protecting someone!

Marlena getting exposed is a good thing. Stefano is evil and what she did was justified if you look at it from a personal perspective. From a lawful standpoint, she should be punished. If her actions go unpunished, it clearly will be unfair. Knowing Roman, he will let her slide so Stefano may as well save his breath.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I think this isn't so much about them knowing or not knowing. It's about Stefano humiliating Marlena and making her admit publicly that she isn't perfect. That she was driven to do something no one would ever expect her to do. Maybe it's done to get her arrested or maybe the media is there or maybe people who don't know are there. I think it's more or less a humiliation thing. It reminds me of Belle's baptism when Stefano's mere presence forced Marlena to admit she had an affair right then and there, which humiliated her and showed that Marlena was no saint.
Except that the affair reveal was excellent writing. This is not.

Ellie, very good point. This is solely about Stefano humiliating Marlena. That's not really what the affair reveal was about. He wanted Roman to suffer, to find out that his wife had been unfaithful. He didn't do the reveal himself because he knew his prescence would affect Marlena and propel her. Everybody already knows, and likely that information came from Marlena herself, so what is there in this for Stefano?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Sep 13 2008, 11:40 PM
PhoenixRising05
I think it's more or less a humiliation thing. It reminds me of Belle's baptism when Stefano's mere presence forced Marlena to admit she had an affair right then and there, which humiliated her and showed that Marlena was no saint.
I was waiting for someone to bring that up, lol. This preview reminds me of that storyline only in that maybe Higley was mining past shows for storyline ideas and came up with this one. But that story was so well-written. Marlena's public confession was a confession to her husband as well, and she was shown for weeks, if not months, beforehand as incredibly fearful of the fact that someone would find out what had happened. She even had a bad dream about it, and she went to John to discuss things. John convinced her to keep quiet for her family's sake, but Marlena's terror continued to mount. Finally, Stefano showed up at the church and her bad dream became a reality, as she was forced to confess in front of not only her husband, but also her friends and extended family.

I'm sure whatever happens on next week's show will not bear much resemblance to that at all. The current writing is so shallow and the story so poorly developed that any confession that takes place will be pretty much meaningless. In addition to that, the line on Friday's show about "Trent is more dangerous than Stefano" shows me exactly what priority Higley is giving the Marlena-Stefano interaction. Marlena's confession in early '94 was the climax to almost a year's worth of well-written storyline; Marlena's confession next week will be a small plot point, as Higley continues to ruin yet another story which initally had so much potential.
Well, it shouldn't. It's not the same story. I was just reminded of it.

I'm not concerned with re-creating the past. I just want good drama and to be entertained and this has the potential to be that. There are still some out there that don't know what she did, Hope being one of them. Plus, some may not even believe it. Marlena only admitted it to a few people but, outside of that, everyone else either doesn't know it or heard it and has a hard time buying it. I'm curious to see how this plays as far as who is there and how it goes down. This is very in character for Stefano because he will want to paint the worse possible picture of what Marlena did so that even those who do know will be stunned. It should be fun to watch just do to the fact that it's Stefano and Marlena IMO.

Kyrai

Ellie
Sep 13 2008, 11:40 PM
PhoenixRising05

I couldn't agree more.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply