Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Big Nicole spoiler *UPDATED*; from CDN TV Guide
Topic Started: Sep 12 2008, 10:06 PM (9,686 Views)
DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I have mixed feelings on Nicole being pregnant. On one hand, it will create some great drama with Stefano (I see him becoming furious over EJ producing a child with someone other than the Brady chick/Marlena's daughter), and it will add another dynamic to Nicole. She'll have to adjust to a lifestyle totally dissimilar from her current one, balancing the demands of motherhood with the lavish, leisurely, glamorous one to which she is accustomed. This would make for some great comedic scenes as well as emotional ones.
EJ loves children and would finally get to enjoy the joys and stress of fatherhood completely. He can experience the baby's first kick in her stomach, the sonograms, picking a name, and all of those milestone moments that he was begrudged with his first child. He'd definitely spoil the baby (and Nicole) rotten, and would take joy in building a new nursery. He'll finally have a child with someone who wants it to be his.
On the other hand, I really do NOT want Nicole becoming matronly and domesticated. I want Nicole as the bad ass scheming vixen whose schemes come from a vulnerable place. A child just does not fit into the equation! Not for my vision of her anyway.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 13 2008, 12:47 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

This kind of interests me.

Nicole Walker Pregnant!?

A Mother?!

This is classic and could be amazing, if done well.

Let me just get it over with so no one has to quote me and say it..."Yes, I know this IS Higley we're talking about!" Haha.
Edited by King, Sep 13 2008, 12:47 AM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

King
Sep 13 2008, 12:47 AM

Nicole Walker Pregnant!?

A Mother?!

Let me just get it over with so no one has to quote me and say it..."Yes, I know this IS Higley we're talking about!" Haha.
It could be classic soap if done well! I just don't think our current writing regime has the chops to pull it off :unsure: Perhaps I am underestimating them and they will surprise me with a good storyline.

Kenny
Member Avatar

King

Nicole Walker Pregnant!?

A Mother?!

This is Higley we're talking about. :P

The only way this will interest me is if Sami kidnaps Nicole and holds her captive until she gives birth, then passes it off as her own brat.

King
Member Avatar

That sounds yummykins, actually!

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Nicole will miscarry just like Kristen because Hackely is following the Jarlena story from the 1990s. Nicole is in the Kristen role.

cassie1013

Hmm, interesting. I think it's a bit soon considering EJ's first kid is STILL a baby and he hasn't been on the show an overly long time, but I LOVE Ej and Nicole so we'll see how it goes.

And speaking of other spoilers, I'm excited for Lexie to visit Stefano!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Sep 13 2008, 12:54 AM
King

Nicole Walker Pregnant!?

A Mother?!

This is Higley we're talking about. :P

The only way this will interest me is if Sami kidnaps Nicole and holds her captive until she gives birth, then passes it off as her own brat.
And that would be character regression at it's finest and a glorified camp fest, stuff that many seemed to be looking down upon recently.

Yes, Sami needs to have her edge back. However, I want her to be a more mature schemer. I don't want her going back to JER-style Sami. Seriously, all the complaining people do about Higley and plot-driven stories yet some propose more plot-driven stuff that regresses characters? This is why Days has to mix different styles and elements together. Too many people want different things.

I don't like Higley. I want her gone too but the show is not that bad. If you think about it, it's only really been boring as hell 2-3 months out of this whole year thus far. Is the writing fantastic? No. Not consistently at least. However, if you really look at the whole run and watch every day you will notice that it's been plot-driven but also character-driven as well. It's simpler and more traditional. It's not camp or over the top. It's just relationship stories and the type of stories soaps have always been about. Could it be done better? Yes. No disputing that. The ideas aren't bad. The execution of them sucks. However, the show has made strides over the last month and a half.

The addition of Melanie has improved the Max story tremendously. Bo and Hope have been given great material. Kate is finally getting good material. Chan is done. Nick has a story. The Dimera story has been great with Tony and Anna getting screentime. Marlena is getting feisty again. There are many good things going on right now and alot has been happening yet the show still gets written off as boring. Not saying anyone has to like it but I do get the sense that some (not pointing the finger at anyone specifically here, speaking in general) are judging and aren't even watching every day to make a fair judgment. Higley is writing the show and for some that is enough to say it sucks. Maybe the show will go back in the toilet at some point but I do think right now it's doing well enough to be able to say that it's not sleep-inducing. I think the proper term is that it's at least watchable and things are moving with the right people featured.

Just look at this Nicole topic. Yes, it was established she can't get pregnant but doctors can be wrong and, personally, I hated the fact that Days made so many damn woman lose the ability to have children. We had Nicole, Mimi, Billie...am I forgetting anyone? It was like a epidemic. Just like a woman who has a hysterectomy can somehow still get pregnant in real life, Nicole can too. I think it adds a much needed boost to the Sami/Lucas/EJ/Nicole story and, considering Nicole's current situation and the threat to her livelihood, it adds some nice tension there. Plus, who is to say she will even carry the baby to term?
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 13 2008, 01:52 AM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

On a show that brings people back from the dead on a regular basis, I don't think it's that much of a stretch for a woman who was told it was unlikely and nearly impossible for her to have children to get pregnant. Actually, that's standard soap opera.

ginababe
BANNED

I'm almost certain Nicole "daydreams she's pregnant" this is too big of a spoiler to have in a title..

ginababe
BANNED

btw, what happened to the spoiler "Nicole and Daniel have an interlude at a bar"??

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Not in this day and age where shows spoil fans on everything, which is yet another reason why soaps are dying. The fans are being given access to too much and the surprise element is gone.

As for Nicole/Daniel, I think SC mentioned that at an event or something but it was never said anywhere else so it may have been planned or tossed around but never materialized. Either that or it was yet another victim of the backstage upheaval and changes.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 13 2008, 02:49 AM.

ginababe
BANNED

meh, I still think she's daydreaming too much foreshadowing, hello why would they rehash the entire filmnoir crap on monday, that is not coincidental...

ginababe
BANNED

of course we all know what happens when Nicole day dreams, they somehow make there way into reality..I can see her faking a pregnancy after the daydream.

Tricky
Member Avatar

ginababe
Sep 13 2008, 02:47 AM
btw, what happened to the spoiler "Nicole and Daniel have an interlude at a bar"??
maybe it happened off screen like daniel and kate did...or maybe it was just a false spoiler...thanks for posting angie...i have all but lost interest in the show along with several hundred thousand other viewers...and if this comes true, its the final nail in the coffin of DOOL for me. i will be switching over to GH permanently and never look back.

if there were no spoilers at all the surprise element will not get me to watch. if i didnt know what was gonna happen to some extent i would not ever just "take a chance" and give ratings to the show for showing something that does not entertain me.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Sep 12 2008, 10:18 PM
That was in 2002! We're in 2008 now. Coming from a place where dead people come to life again, Nicole becoming pregnant is normal. I like the idea if it alters her character into a motherly figure, more responsible and all. I guess a little more like who Billie was.
What is it they say? Two wrongs doesn't make one right or something.

Coming back from the dead is stupid, doesn't mean we have to accept more stupidity.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

One thing I hate about Dena is that she rewrites so much even though she was on the show for so many years.

ges
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Sep 13 2008, 12:46 AM
I have mixed feelings on Nicole being pregnant. On one hand, it will create some great drama with Stefano (I see him becoming furious over EJ producing a child with someone other than the Brady chick/Marlena's daughter), and it will add another dynamic to Nicole. She'll have to adjust to a lifestyle totally dissimilar from her current one, balancing the demands of motherhood with the lavish, leisurely, glamorous one to which she is accustomed. This would make for some great comedic scenes as well as emotional ones.
EJ loves children and would finally get to enjoy the joys and stress of fatherhood completely. He can experience the baby's first kick in her stomach, the sonograms, picking a name, and all of those milestone moments that he was begrudged with his first child. He'd definitely spoil the baby (and Nicole) rotten, and would take joy in building a new nursery. He'll finally have a child with someone who wants it to be his.
On the other hand, I really do NOT want Nicole becoming matronly and domesticated. I want Nicole as the bad ass scheming vixen whose schemes come from a vulnerable place. A child just does not fit into the equation! Not for my vision of her anyway.
I respectfully disagree. Niocole has been consuming booze by the vat. Even in the morning she has a martini in her hand. This baby will be deformed. Miss high-horse Higley had better devote as many moments of diologue to the Nicole Walker "pregnancy" to educate the public on the dangers of fetal alcohol syndrome as she does with autism. This is beyond disgusting and ruins the show for me. Higley is the worst writer in the world, bar none. I am glad she finds herself so imaginative and clever because she has a fan club of one. Herself. You suck Higley, thank you for killing the show because you have a crush on Adrianne Walker. You make me want to puke, even more so since you through Ed Scott under the bus. The writing has never been more boring. The Abe and Lexie marriage woes are coma-inducing, and the show is swirling down the toilet into the abyss of hell. Corday is a pussy. And this if this is true, I am going to bombard NBC with pamphlets about FES and encourage every Ejami to go out of their way to expose your shame and hypocricy, you shit-ball. Then I will no longer watch the show. Maybe you can make it a green pregnancy, throw that in there , too. Posted Image

I hate you, and your little blog, too. Posted Image

Go fuck yourself. Posted Image

ges
Member Avatar

p.s. The first kick that Nicole feels in her stomach will be all of the booze- soaked olives that have been obstructing her colon invading the ambiotic sack to begin the ground assault on all of the baby's vital organs.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Woohoo!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply