Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Big Nicole spoiler *UPDATED*; from CDN TV Guide
Topic Started: Sep 12 2008, 10:06 PM (9,409 Views)
ges
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sep 15 2008, 11:38 AM
hberg
Sep 14 2008, 08:44 AM
Personally the show has been awful. That is the only consistent thing going on. Making Nicole Preggers loses it for me entirely. A very stupid storyline. Lame to boot. I don't buy it for Nicole's character and it takes away from her "charm". If Dena makes all three women preggers then that is about the only thing worse then having just Nicole with child. How did this hack get so many jobs in daytime?

:soapbox:
No one here should be getting testy with each other. So what if you are a LUMI fan, EJAMI fan, EJOLE fan - to me, show is horrible, no talent, hack job, characters are all pathetic losers, no character driven storylines and plots that are thinly veiled as sad attempts at talent.

- Too many babies
- Too many parent triangles involved
- Too many stories of characters not being written true to form
- Too many broken promises out there by stupid writers that can't keep their mouths shut
- Too horrible to watch

It's like the show is giving us all a big FU for sticking it out this long. :flipoff:
I haven't watched the show since June. Wake me up when the drama happens or the show gets cancelled.
Good post. Wake me too!
I would appreciate being tased.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Hopefully tomorrow the whole spoiler will be up.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Monday, September 29th
Nicole discovers she is pregnant; Bo arrests Caroline for Trent's murder and she is thrown in jail.

Mason

Angie79
Sep 15 2008, 11:50 PM
Monday, September 29th
Nicole discovers she is pregnant
DAMN IT!

Quote:

Bo arrests Caroline for Trent's murder and she is thrown in jail

I'm not gonna lie. This DOES sound good!

ginababe
BANNED

Mason
Sep 15 2008, 11:56 PM
Angie79
Sep 15 2008, 11:50 PM
Monday, September 29th
Nicole discovers she is pregnant
DAMN IT!

Quote:

Bo arrests Caroline for Trent's murder and she is thrown in jail

I'm not gonna lie. This DOES sound good!
I hate that Nicole is preggers, but wtf Bo?! You couldn't have found someone else to arrest your own mother, that's just cold!

cassie1013

^ Not that it matters in the land of Salem, but isn't arresting your own mother against the law? And on top of that, is he the ONLY police officer in town to do the job? lol.

Mason

He and Roman probably flipped a coin.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Holy shit! She really is pregnant?!?!?!?
And WTF!!! Caroline killed Trent? Trent is already dead???

This is starting to sound all kinds of interesting!!! Thanks Angie!! You rock as usual!

ges
Member Avatar

I had a personal revelation today which makes it much easier for me to understand Days of Our Lives in it's present incarnation. We have all been assuming that this woman, a Miss Higley, shares our hopes and wishes ie: that Days of Our Lives is renewed and continues to succeed. (lol) on some level. We cannot asume this! As a matter of fact, all of the evidence leads me to believe that quite the opposite is true. I believe, (which means nothing, I know) that she knows that she is finished in Daytime forever when this gig is over. She knows that this is her last run. What would a so-called normal person do? Try their hardest to prove to the nay-sayers that her history of failures was just bad luck and part of the business. I thought she would go all out to try to improve the show, not just for herself, but because she cared. Wrong answer. As we have been told before by people in the know, including actors and those who work with her, nothing could be further from the truth. She writes to please herself. She does not watch the show that she writes. Who does she think she is? She is on another plane of talent. Evidently, someone told her she was talented and she actually believed it. What a big mistake.
This woman should not be allowed to write menus for Denny's. I, as most of you can see the difference in the writing now that Ed Scott is gone and no longer has the opportunity to crush the lithium into her herbal tea.
Case in point, and only one of many. She so obviously hates Alison Sweeney, that she is punishing her. Both personally and professionally. I love Sammi in all of her glory, but now we are supposed to "hate her" because..........................Dena doesn't like her! Alison had the unmitigated gall to think that she knew something about her character. That will get you right on to Higley's shit list right away. Evidently, James Scott and Deidre Hall have committed the same offense. Mess with me as the head writer, and I will ruin your character right before your eyes. Lest you think I am predjudiced, she has ruined Lucas, too. Lucas used to love Sammi, remember? Now he can't stand her and he wants to play slap the bongos with Chloe. I guess he is a quitter. So let's see what we have. Everybody is down on Sammi, even E.J. and Lucas who have sworn to love her forever and do not care about her past transgressions. Marlena is a prune-face. Lexie is a forking bitch. Oops. She is an overburdened mother dealing with a lot of problems. My mistake. John has lost his wit and his edge. Stephano lives in the mansion and makes repetitive threats to his children that make no sense. He is once again reincarated as a buffoon villian. Everybody else is filler except, Nicole Walker.
Nicole Walker is wise. She gives great relationship advice. She gets to the heart of the matter with a well-placed question. She is friends with everybody in Salem! This is amazing! Nobody holds a grudge against this wise sage! Even Philip loves her! Chloe likes her even though she tried to kill off her face with flesh-eating bacteria! Just a little prank amongst friends. Victor tolerates her. Even though she tried to repeatedly murder him. Oh, the list goes on and on. But the psychology of it is simple. Dena Higley has projected herself into the character of Nicole Walker. Hot, but misunderstood, genuis who given enough time, could solve world hunger, straighten out everybody 's problems and bang back 17 martini's a day. Every woman's fantasy. I get it. That would be nice. But here is the down low, Higley. You have made the show so boring, that it may never recover. Your crush on the actress that plays Nicle Walker has become so evident that I am no longer the only person that sees it. You have no idea what the characters on the show are really about, nor do you care. It is now the Dena Higley train and if you don't like it you can jump off. Well, some may. But as it is difficult to get a job in show business, they may just hang together waiting for you to self-implode. The show is no so fucking bad that it is painful to watch. I don't think I have ever felt that way before. I read the spoilers and they are so mundane. Theo plays with his spoon in a restaurant, Abe fills up his car with gas and goes crazy, Kate coughs up blood and realizes that she may be a vampire or a dead woman walking depending on the hormonal fluctuation of Dena Higley. Guess What Higley? We are all tired of kissing your ass. Hopefullly Corday will find his balls and fire you. I doubt it, but you could have a nervous breakdown when you see the new ratings that, Guess What!!! You can't blame on Ed Scott! You back-stabbing wierdo. If you want to explore your sexuality at this (no offense) late stage of the game in you life, go ahead, who cares. I just wish you had fixated on Chloe, which would have made sense on some level, instead of the joke Nicole Walker that you chose to be the beacon of virtue, insight, warmth, redemption, wisdom, and morality. You have ignored history one too many times for me. this is my last post before you are fired. And I am not holding my breath.
Posted Image :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :wave: :flipoff: :moon:

Fancy

ges
Sep 16 2008, 08:01 PM
I had a personal revelation today which makes it much easier for me to understand Days of Our Lives in it's present incarnation. We have all been assuming that this woman, a Miss Higley, shares our hopes and wishes ie: that Days of Our Lives is renewed and continues to succeed. (lol) on some level. We cannot asume this! As a matter of fact, all of the evidence leads me to believe that quite the opposite is true. I believe, (which means nothing, I know) that she knows that she is finished in Daytime forever when this gig is over. She knows that this is her last run. What would a so-called normal person do? Try their hardest to prove to the nay-sayers that her history of failures was just bad luck and part of the business. I thought she would go all out to try to improve the show, not just for herself, but because she cared. Wrong answer. As we have been told before by people in the know, including actors and those who work with her, nothing could be further from the truth. She writes to please herself. She does not watch the show that she writes. Who does she think she is? She is on another plane of talent. Evidently, someone told her she was talented and she actually believed it. What a big mistake.
This woman should not be allowed to write menus for Denny's. I, as most of you can see the difference in the writing now that Ed Scott is gone and no longer has the opportunity to crush the lithium into her herbal tea.
Case in point, and only one of many. She so obviously hates Alison Sweeney, that she is punishing her. Both personally and professionally. I love Sammi in all of her glory, but now we are supposed to "hate her" because..........................Dena doesn't like her! Alison had the unmitigated gall to think that she knew something about her character. That will get you right on to Higley's shit list right away. Evidently, James Scott and Deidre Hall have committed the same offense. Mess with me as the head writer, and I will ruin your character right before your eyes. Lest you think I am predjudiced, she has ruined Lucas, too. Lucas used to love Sammi, remember? Now he can't stand her and he wants to play slap the bongos with Chloe. I guess he is a quitter. So let's see what we have. Everybody is down on Sammi, even E.J. and Lucas who have sworn to love her forever and do not care about her past transgressions. Marlena is a prune-face. Lexie is a forking bitch. Oops. She is an overburdened mother dealing with a lot of problems. My mistake. John has lost his wit and his edge. Stephano lives in the mansion and makes repetitive threats to his children that make no sense. He is once again reincarated as a buffoon villian. Everybody else is filler except, Nicole Walker.
Nicole Walker is wise. She gives great relationship advice. She gets to the heart of the matter with a well-placed question. She is friends with everybody in Salem! This is amazing! Nobody holds a grudge against this wise sage! Even Philip loves her! Chloe likes her even though she tried to kill off her face with flesh-eating bacteria! Just a little prank amongst friends. Victor tolerates her. Even though she tried to repeatedly murder him. Oh, the list goes on and on. But the psychology of it is simple. Dena Higley has projected herself into the character of Nicole Walker. Hot, but misunderstood, genuis who given enough time, could solve world hunger, straighten out everybody 's problems and bang back 17 martini's a day. Every woman's fantasy. I get it. That would be nice. But here is the down low, Higley. You have made the show so boring, that it may never recover. Your crush on the actress that plays Nicle Walker has become so evident that I am no longer the only person that sees it. You have no idea what the characters on the show are really about, nor do you care. It is now the Dena Higley train and if you don't like it you can jump off. Well, some may. But as it is difficult to get a job in show business, they may just hang together waiting for you to self-implode. The show is no so fucking bad that it is painful to watch. I don't think I have ever felt that way before. I read the spoilers and they are so mundane. Theo plays with his spoon in a restaurant, Abe fills up his car with gas and goes crazy, Kate coughs up blood and realizes that she may be a vampire or a dead woman walking depending on the hormonal fluctuation of Dena Higley. Guess What Higley? We are all tired of kissing your ass. Hopefullly Corday will find his balls and fire you. I doubt it, but you could have a nervous breakdown when you see the new ratings that, Guess What!!! You can't blame on Ed Scott! You back-stabbing wierdo. If you want to explore your sexuality at this (no offense) late stage of the game in you life, go ahead, who cares. I just wish you had fixated on Chloe, which would have made sense on some level, instead of the joke Nicole Walker that you chose to be the beacon of virtue, insight, warmth, redemption, wisdom, and morality. You have ignored history one too many times for me. this is my last post before you are fired. And I am not holding my breath.
:funny: And all so true. :headbang: Luv the picture!

ges
Member Avatar

I can't believe somebody agreed with me. !!!!

Fancy

ges
Sep 16 2008, 08:32 PM
Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

ges
Member Avatar

Thank you Fancy!

Kyrai

ges
Sep 16 2008, 08:32 PM
I agree with you too. Awesome post!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Sep 15 2008, 01:23 PM
Days4Life
Sep 15 2008, 10:23 AM
But overall, I'm...dreading the inevitable EJole/EJami wars.
I am willing to give anything a chance to see how it plays out for everyone, but REALLY this is the worst part of the spoilers.
I can't stand *CAN'T STAND* the obnoxiousness of fanbase wars.

Since we have seen constant babies being born during the past few years, I totally doubt that Nicole will carry this baby to term. I would bet the farm that this is a plot device...or a very misleading title of the show.
Alligato is love............. :wub2:

I am SO sick of fanbase wars. Over a friggin TV show, folks. A friggin' TV show.

River

ges
Sep 16 2008, 08:01 PM
You are exaggerating slightly, but not by much. Days feels a lot like OLTL used to. It takes only a couple of episodes to know which characters Ms. Higley loves, who she hates.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, luckily for me, I've always liked Nicole. There's not much about Dena Higley that makes me happy, but I do like the fact that Nicole seems to get a fair shake, although the writing for her sometimes stinks. Although superimposing her face over Blessed Teresa's is rather sacriligious.......Call me old fashioned. However, that is a flattering face picture of Ari.
I have to chuckle at those bitchin' about her being Dena's favorite. As if Dena Higley is the first writer to play favorites. Or the first Power that be, for that matter. If it was Sami or Marlena or another member of the "sacred" families, would this even be a topic of conversation? All things being equal, of course. (the drinking, the rough father background, etc.)
I'm still not thrilled about her being pregnant. I will have to agree with those who say it's lazy writing. Too predictable. But, I think Ari is doing a fine job, and in my opinion, deserves the positive kudos I've been seeing her get through various boards.

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Sep 16 2008, 09:28 PM
I have to chuckle at those bitchin' about her being Dena's favorite. As if Dena Higley is the first writer to play favorites. Or the first Power that be, for that matter. If it was Sami or Marlena or another member of the "sacred" families, would this even be a topic of conversation?
It was a topic of conversation with Sami, last summer, when Sheffer favored her in much the same way. I like Nicole too, but I think the issue is that a new head writer on Days comes into a show with a cast of characters at the ready, some of who are generally leads, and some of whom are generally supporting characters. Sheffer turned some of the supporting characters (such as Sami) into leads, and turned the leads (Hope, Marlena) into supporting characters. As ges's post pointed out, Higley is taking this one step further, and turning a new (returnee) character into a lead, while turning the lead characters into not only supporting charactes, but unlikeable ones at that. When a writer fills the show with her own cast and then 'dumbs down' the existing characters, I think there is cause for concern.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't care if the character just returned. She was only gone for two damn years, if that. She was with the show for 8 years. More importantly she was recently with the show so she is familiar to most of the audience still watching the show. The actress can act circles around many in the cast. She has chemistry with everyone and has no core ties, meaning you can put her almost anywhere and not have to worry about incest or shit like that.

It's not like they are taking Melanie and making her a lead. Nicole is ready and if the actress can handle it and the character is worthy, it doesn't matter. The story potential is there and that is what matters. This is a daytime drama. It's an ensemble. Lead characters can lead a story but so can supporting characters. No character should be relegated permanently to lead or supporting. A character can lead at one time and support the next. That is the way it should be and the way it was accepted for a long time until the last decade. Now, primarily with Days, only certain characters are permitted by many fans to lead. Well, let's turn this around, how would J&M fans like it if J&M were relegated to supporting in the 80's and never allowed to lead a story? How about the Bo and Hope fans? Or the Steve and Kayla fans? How do you think the Mickey/Maggie, Doug/Julie, etc fans felt when their couples were shoved off the frontburner in favor of the current supercouples? How do you think fans of Abe/Lexie and other "supporting" couples or characters feel knowing their faves will never be able to lead story for long since fanbases will likely force Corday's hand? How fair is that? Simple. It's not. Some characters are more important then others for sure and some will drive more story then others but putting a permanent label on characters is not only unfair IMO but a major slap in the face to the actors who play these "supporting" characters and do their best in every scene.

This is a daytime drama. And ENSEMBLE. It's not the damn supercouple hour or whatever pleases this fanbase or that. It's this kind of fan selfishness that is just as much a part of why the show is a mess as Higley, Corday, and what have you. Just once I would like to see each fanbase put aside their differences and make their case for what is best for the whole show. By that I mean present ideas for other character and couples and not just who you like. It's time many start recognizing that what one person or group wants is not the same for everyone.

Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 16 2008, 10:32 PM.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Sep 16 2008, 10:17 PM
It's not like they are taking Melanie and making her a lead.
But according to your argument, why would it be a problem if they did?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply