Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/15
Topic Started: Sep 15 2008, 11:57 AM (5,049 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Discuss this weeks good and baaaaad goings on in Salem U.S.A........

Days Classic Clip: Roman & Diana - 1/4/88: Roman kidnapped Diana from her wedding to Victor...jelly donuts ensue

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I didn't see the first of the two Film Noir episodes, but this rehash of it makes me realize what everyone meant when they said how Sami sounded like Minnie Mouse and annoyed them to no end. I'd rather they show an actual "Classic Episode" then air what is basically a rerun so soon after it aired....... :flipoff:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Well, I got a HDTV this weekend so I totally got to see the film noir stuff in HD. That's all I have to say about the episode.

Ellie

Tripp
Sep 15 2008, 01:52 PM
Well, I got a HDTV this weekend so I totally got to see the film noir stuff in HD. That's all I have to say about the episode.
Congrats on your new TV! But actually, you didn't see anything different (unless perhaps your new TV is just clearer than your old one.) Days isn't filmed in HD, so having an HDTV doesn't make the picture appear in hi def.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 15 2008, 01:58 PM
Tripp
Congrats on your new TV! But actually, you didn't see anything different (unless perhaps your new TV is just clearer than your old one.) Days isn't filmed in HD, so having an HDTV doesn't make the picture appear in hi def.
I have an HDTV as well. I can tell you that there is a visual difference between the image on SoapNet vs. the one on the local NBC station; the latter of the two being of better quality.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Sep 15 2008, 01:58 PM
Tripp
Well it's probably not HD but the picture is so much clearer.

See, I obviously have been suffering in some ways cause I've not been seeing the men in my banner in the clearest possible detail that I could....that's just wrong on so many levels!

Ellie

Tripp
Sep 15 2008, 02:04 PM
Well it's probably not HD but the picture is so much clearer.
Yes, I think (and Pearly this addresses your post too) that it's a combination of the TV and the fact that it's probably a digital channel. But like you're saying, it's not hi def.

Quote:

See, I obviously have been suffering in some ways cause I've not been seeing the men in my banner in the clearest possible detail that I could....that's just wrong on so many levels!
lol, then it was totally worth the investment!! :smile:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I don't have digital cable but I do have NBC Hi-def, but I don't think it works through Tivo. In other words, I think my Tivo records my "regular" station instead of the HD NBC. Am I just too dumb to figure this out and get an HD recording?

And now I finally get to use this emoticon: :hijacked:

I adore Philip, I love Nicole, and I enjoyed the noir the first time around, but it's no surprise that a discussion of HD TVs is more interesting than today's show!

Mason
Member Avatar

I think to record shows in HD on TiVo you have to get a TiVo box that is specifically HD.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ok, thanks, that makes sense. I guess I need to upgrade my Tivo box at some point.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Sep 15 2008, 02:24 PM
I don't have digital cable but I do have NBC Hi-def, but I don't think it works through Tivo. In other words, I think my Tivo records my "regular" station instead of the HD NBC. Am I just too dumb to figure this out and get an HD recording?

And now I finally get to use this emoticon: :hijacked:

I adore Philip, I love Nicole, and I enjoyed the noir the first time around, but it's no surprise that a discussion of HD TVs is more interesting than today's show!
Well Given I've found this out the hard way:

I currently am watching HD on my antenna because TV stations are broadcasting through old school antennas in HD now (weird huh?)

I can't watch it through my satellite as it's so old that they are upgrading that plus I have to get a new box (which should happen in the morning).

I do have a Tivo but it is not HD. You can upgrade to a new HD Tivo box but it is incompatible with DirecTV. (figures). I love Tivo so much I would consider switching to cable but good news is Tivo and DirecTV have made up and supposedly a new DirecTivo box is in the works but won't ship until late next year. (dammit)

But if I watch Tivo through the composite, it's pretty damn clear, even without it being HD yet.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 15 2008, 02:24 PM
:lol:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

The way Sami kept saying "Jeeeeeez!" in that Minnie Mouse, I-love-helium-whippets voice made me say, OMG, CLOSE SESAME.

Alligato
Member Avatar

While I think today was a total waste of showtime, it is apparant they needed a filler show to help with BTS action and changes.

That said, I enjoyed the Film Noir so it was nice to see again. I actually saw An Awful Truth on Hallmark channel last week - my first real Film Noir - and it was pretty good...reminded me of Days or is it the other way around??
LOL at Sami's Minnie Mouse voice...Nicole did a great job...Ej is just too gorgeous for words.

Probably goes in another thread but this weekend, I got around to finishing up last week's shows, and I thought it was extremely odd that Chelsea and Steph thought it was Melanie's fault for her attempted sexual assault because she is a party girl...and these are two girls who were victims of sexual assault last year. Pretty damn hypocritical...like those two are modest dressers. Maybe that was Ford's problem!!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Sep 15 2008, 05:11 PM

Probably goes in another thread but this weekend, I got around to finishing up last week's shows, and I thought it was extremely odd that Chelsea and Steph thought it was Melanie's fault for her attempted sexual assault because she is a party girl...and these are two girls who were victims of sexual assault last year. Pretty damn hypocritical...like those two are modest dressers. Maybe that was Ford's problem!!
Not to be a stickler, but I don't think Stephanie was comfortable with Chelsea at all, bringing up the Ford situation. She wanted to change the subject and I THINK, given that Stephanie and Melanie worked together to try to appease Max's anger towards Trent, that Stephanie and Melanie will begin to like each other more.

Chelsea saying that seems so OOC for her, she led the charge against Ford. However, it's probably to showcase how Chelsea can't be civil or fair minded when Nick is involved. Before they got to the yacht, it was Chelsea trying to smooth Stephanie's rage towards Melanie.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^I did get the impression that Stephanie didn't want to go there when Chelsea brought up Melanie being a party girl.

I knew this would happen with Chelsea and I so don't look forward to her obnoxious bitch coming out where Melanie is concerned because she kissed Nick. I can't wait for Nick to move on from Chelsea...I love Nick and want to see him rock the romance, but NOT with Chelsea. She treated him like utter garbage, and I look forward to her green monster as long as Nick doesn't relent.
Nick/Melanie needs to happen before Chick.

Although with tomorrow's show with Dan and Nicole, it doesn't sound like Dan is ready to give up on Chelsea just yet.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Sep 15 2008, 06:42 PM
^I did get the impression that Stephanie didn't want to go there when Chelsea brought up Melanie being a party girl.

I knew this would happen with Chelsea and I so don't look forward to her obnoxious bitch coming out where Melanie is concerned because she kissed Nick. I can't wait for Nick to move on from Chelsea...I love Nick and want to see him rock the romance, but NOT with Chelsea. She treated him like utter garbage, and I look forward to her green monster as long as Nick doesn't relent.
Nick/Melanie needs to happen before Chick.

Although with tomorrow's show with Dan and Nicole, it doesn't sound like Dan is ready to give up on Chelsea just yet.
I still have a hard time letting my Chick love go, in spite of the bad writing and certainly horrible treatment from Chelsea to Nick, I still love RM and BB together. However, it would take a lot for me to accept Chelsea back with Nick. She's gonna have to work for it and protecting him (or trying to) would be a start.

That said, I did see the Dan/Nicole scenes tomorrow. The man does need to shut about Chelsea but if you notice they still have him back off about saying he "loves" her. SC certainly seems to light up around anyone who isn't Chelsea. Really, the scene was more for Nicole I think to showcase how she isn't ready for children. *eyeroll*

koos

Holy jesus, did they really just re-air that shit from several weeks ago? It's unthinkable they would do that when the ratings are getting so bad again. Suicide, really. WTF? If they were having BTS problems (nice excuse), why not air something from the '90s?

Mason
Member Avatar

koos
Sep 15 2008, 08:02 PM
If they were having BTS problems (nice excuse), why not air something from the '90s?
Because doing that would only reinforce just how shitty the show truly is now.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I FF'ed the whole show! I was waiting for something other than the film noir crap and it never happened.They shouldn't have bothered even airing today's show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply