Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/15
Topic Started: Sep 15 2008, 11:57 AM (5,058 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

koos
Sep 15 2008, 08:02 PM
Holy jesus, did they really just re-air that shit from several weeks ago? It's unthinkable they would do that when the ratings are getting so bad again. Suicide, really. WTF? If they were having BTS problems (nice excuse), why not air something from the '90s?
Because this was clearly sudden (the ending of the episode did move story in regards to EJ and Nicole) and you don't want to confuse people.

What they should've done is on Friday make note of the fact that today was basically a re-run. Either that or mention it at the start of the show or just have a complete re-run and not even bother with Nicole/Philip/EJ. That probably would've been the better bet. They packaged it as a new show by having the beginning Philip/Nicole scenes and the showdown at the end with Nicole/EJ. They should've just had the EJ/Nicole scene tomorrow and cut the Philip/Nicole stuff and just aired a re-run with the note that the show would return with new material tomorrow. That would've been better instead of fooling people and wasting their time. Not everyone has access to spoilers so they really played a game with people that could hurt them because now people will wonder what is going on. I don't mind them doing this, even though it's pretty stupid given the ratings, but they should inform people and should've just made it a total rerun.

Having said all that, Philip/Nicole were fun and I liked EJ/Nicole at the end. Tomorrow is a very good show though. Having already watched it, it was very cohesive and had alot of good story movement and interactions.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I just deleted today's show...Hopefully this transition period doesn't take too long...And i hope Gary Tomlin does well with the show...I'll watch tomorrow's show though, as I did enjoy Fridays..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Sep 15 2008, 08:43 PM
I just deleted today's show...Hopefully this transition period doesn't take too long...And i hope Gary Tomlin does well with the show...I'll watch tomorrow's show though, as I did enjoy Fridays..
Trust me, Kev. Tomorrow is very much in keeping with Friday, at least IMO.

There is some great Stefano/Anna interaction and even a little Stefano/Sami one, as well as Nicole/Daniel sharing scenes (This must be the interlude that SC mentioned at a fan event). Plus, Marlena is really harsh with Sami and Lexie/EJ have some nice scenes that involve Theo's autism.

It was really great and I think the best part was seeing Marlena, Hope, and Kayla in scenes together and uniting together against Stefano. That was a treat.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I agree that Dr. Dan really lights up around Nicole....as he does with anyone who isn't Chelsea. Those two looked really cute together...and I enjoyed their scene and noticed a little flirting...so if Kate marries Stefano and Chelsea reclaims her spot as a brat again and EJ inevitably hooks up with Sami, maybe we can see some Dan/Nicole action.

Kyrai

Mason
Sep 15 2008, 08:05 PM
koos
Sep 15 2008, 08:02 PM
If they were having BTS problems (nice excuse), why not air something from the '90s?
Because doing that would only reinforce just how shitty the show truly is now.
LOL, so very true!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 15 2008, 09:07 PM
I agree that Dr. Dan really lights up around Nicole....as he does with anyone who isn't Chelsea. Those two looked really cute together...and I enjoyed their scene and noticed a little flirting...so if Kate marries Stefano and Chelsea reclaims her spot as a brat again and EJ inevitably hooks up with Sami, maybe we can see some Dan/Nicole action.
Nicole could really be a character that could save Dr. Dan...I wanted them to hook up right off the bat, especially after Nicole's entrance at the dinner party in April that Dan attended...But that said, i prefer Ej and Nicole..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Daniel and Nicole surprised me. They had a nice chemistry and played well off each other. The writing for them was good too. It wasn't forced like Lucas/Chloe were early on. They just meet at the bar and make small talk and it goes from there. It felt natural and that is what you want. I do get the sense it was a chemistry test just in case, which is fine.

I do prefer EJ and Nicole though. I really think Sami brings EJ down now. He's so much better without her, including with Nicole.

Mason
Member Avatar

I really think Arianne would have chemistry with a door knob.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That is so true, although her chemistry with Jensen Ackles when he was Eric lacked at times.

That is why I have no problem with her being on so much and so involved in many stories. She's a character that is not tied to any core families so you can move her along anywhere. She has so much story potential and is entertaining as hell. Ari has become a fantastic actress and has really helped the character of Nicole along since returning. Early on, the character could've suffered as the character was all over the place at times but Ari kept things in line until things got settled. She literally lights up the screen and any scene she's in. She is deserving of being a leading lady on this show IMO.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 15 2008, 09:48 PM.

koos

Mason
Sep 15 2008, 09:29 PM
I'd pay to see that, you know. Her and, er, uhh... a door knob.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Which is proven when she acts opposite Dan...Oh, I kid! I'm just kidding! Just KIDDING!!

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 16 2008, 08:13 AM
Mason
Which is proven when she acts opposite Dan...Oh, I kid! I'm just kidding! Just KIDDING!!
Oh please, we both know you're not, hee.

I think AZ has chemistry with almost everyone, and it's nice to see Daniel in scenes with other people. SC DOES perk up around everyone besides Chelsea, it's kind of hilarious. I really liked him here BUT I loved Ejole's looks to one another, and I want to see Date when they're being written for. This was nice as a random pointless scene, but can we move on already? Enough of the filler!

And I get it, Ari has great legs, now let's get Nicole OUT of that napkin of a dress. (I would have TOTALLY inserted a 'and into Ej's bed' joke here, but I'm too hurt over the recent speculation to do so).
Edited by fenderbabe, Sep 16 2008, 08:48 AM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Sep 16 2008, 08:47 AM
Tripp
Sep 16 2008, 08:13 AM
Mason
Oh please, we both know you're not, hee.

I think AZ has chemistry with almost everyone, and it's nice to see Daniel in scenes with other people. SC DOES perk up around everyone besides Chelsea, it's kind of hilarious. I really liked him here BUT I loved Ejole's looks to one another, and I want to see Date when they're being written for. This was nice as a random pointless scene, but can we move on already? Enough of the filler!

And I get it, Ari has great legs, now let's get Nicole OUT of that napkin of a dress. (I would have TOTALLY inserted a 'and into Ej's bed' joke here, but I'm too hurt over the recent speculation to do so).
Yes, I like EJole too much for them to pursue anything with Dan/Nicole. And I really do like Date honestly. I'm so thrilled LK is getting a love interest and real storyline.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 15 2008, 09:48 PM

That is why I have no problem with her being on so much and so involved in many stories. She's a character that is not tied to any core families so you can move her along anywhere. She has so much story potential and is entertaining as hell. Ari has become a fantastic actress and has really helped the character of Nicole along since returning. Early on, the character could've suffered as the character was all over the place at times but Ari kept things in line until things got settled. She literally lights up the screen and any scene she's in. She is deserving of being a leading lady on this show IMO.
I agree :rockon:
I wasn't surprised that Daniel and Nicole had chemistry, I knew that they would. I guess it was a chem test in case so the options are open in case they decide to go w/ Ejami (yuck, I shudder at the thought of EJ being tied down to Sami anymore). I like the idea of them together and enjoyed their easy, natural banter and flirting, BUT I absolutely love EJ and Nicole, so Ejole all the way as far as romance goes, but I would enjoy a friendship between Daniel and Nicole.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 16 2008, 09:48 AM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I think they gave us yesterday so it's an obvious statement to say today was an improvement over Monday.

Dena continues with her random scenes with Dan/Nicole. Did they spark? Yes. Does this prove that SC can spark with anyone who isn't RM? Yes. Does that mean they should go with it? No. I prefer EJole and Date right now for sure but the scene was interesting. Maybe they can be platonic friends though I do wonder why Dan says they moved past the point of too personal. (Can someone fix SC's shirt choices? I keep thinking that was raided from SNL's closet, circa 1977 last worn by Steve Wild and Crazy Guy Martin).

Meanwhile, did anyone notice the other autistic kid that was in Theo's class was last name was Benson? I ask because that was the last name of Chelsea when she was adopted.

I liked the Lexie/EJ/Theo scenes and of course JS was adorable with young Theo, but sometimes it annoys me how everyone, especially the guys, seems to be so good with kids. And of course a person who doesn't LIKE children is an anvil to possibly being pregnant like Nicole.

Sami being furious on Lucas not being able to take care of Allie is annoying since we should have moved past this with the LAST custody hearing.

Tony and Anna was alright but the way the daily spoilers have been going, I'm shocked today's description didn't say "Stefano and Anna look over a photo album."
Edited by Tripp, Sep 16 2008, 01:38 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 16 2008, 01:36 PM
(Can someone fix SC's shirt choices? I keep thinking that was raided from SNL's closet, circa 1977 last worn by Steve Wild and Crazy Guy Martin).

I liked the Lexie/EJ/Theo scenes and of course JS was adorable with young Theo, but sometimes it annoys me how everyone, especially the guys, seems to be so good with kids. And of course a person who doesn't LIKE children is an anvil to possibly being pregnant like Nicole.

Tripp - I am such a big dummy.
I am sitting here thinking...I have watched SNL for years and I don't remember a character named Steve Wild or even a Crazy Guy Martin.
My bad!!!

And, yes, I loved the EJ/Theo scenes today...and interesting point about how the guys seem to dote on the kids, but some of the ladies get squeamish around them. Why is that?

and fenderbabe - what is the recent speculation that you are so upset about. seems like things are leaning toward EJole for you??

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Sep 16 2008, 02:00 PM
Tripp
Sep 16 2008, 01:36 PM
(Can someone fix SC's shirt choices? I keep thinking that was raided from SNL's closet, circa 1977 last worn by Steve Wild and Crazy Guy Martin).

Tripp - I am such a big dummy.
I am sitting here thinking...I have watched SNL for years and I don't remember a character named Steve Wild or even a Crazy Guy Martin.
My bad!!!

And, yes, I loved the EJ/Theo scenes today...and interesting point about how the guys seem to dote on the kids, but some of the ladies get squeamish around them. Why is that?

and fenderbabe - what is the recent speculation that you are so upset about. seems like things are leaning toward EJole for you??
It was the 70s, Steve and Dan Ackroyd played two wild and crazy guys. Initially Dr. Dan reminded me a LOT of these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SaKYFR6ms

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

CHEMISTRY ALERT! Um, Nicole and Daniel? Go there, please!

Days4Life

There was an awful lot of foreshadowing today about Sami needing to pay for all her sins. Are they giving us hints for how they are going to handle her maternity leave? And it looks like the Santeen saga starring Saint Samantha is all but forgotten, especially by Marlena.

Please, can we move to another day so Nicole can change her dress and Marlena and Nicole can change their hair?

I loved the Lexie/Theo/EJ scenes; very nice. Also liked Stefano and Anna, especially the joking about the poison. Nicole and Daniel were very comfortable together; good chemistry there.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The autism storyline has certainly picked up recently. Why wasn't it written like this when it started? I actually care about Theo's disorder now, and how it's affecting the Carvers. Loved EJ coming over to be with his family. I hope they start intermixing Lexie with the DiMera family. Joseph Mascolo and Renee Jones rock as father and daughter.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply