Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/15
Topic Started: Sep 15 2008, 11:57 AM (4,916 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It looks like we're back to Roman and Marlena coming down on Sami when she does something wrong. I don't mind this because that's what makes their family dynamic. Sami is the screw up of their family, and I never bought that St. Samantha garbage Hogan was trying to dish out. For years, Sami felt like her family turned their backs on her in favor of Carrie and Belle, and then all of a sudden, she was all about family? I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. I'm not asking for immature Sami, who does stupid things and never pays for it, the Sami we got under Reilly. However, I want a Sami that remembers the hurt she's felt all her life for being labled the Brady screw up. And I feel like we got that today. The way Sami rolled her eyes when Marlena told her to grow up and accept the joint custody arrangement. I wanted her to throw out a line like, "Well, if this were Carrie or Belle, I bet you would be saying something different."

And I'm glad we saw Roman tell Marlena that she may have been too hard on Sami. While Roman knows Sami is no angel, he does have a soft spot for his youngest daughter, and even when she does horrible things, leave it to Roman to be the first to forgive her and take her back. Marlena, on the other hand, she's always been tough on Sami because she wants Sami to grow up, but I feel that's in hiding her own insecurities for failing to raise Sami the right way.

It would be nice if we got to see Hope, Kayla and Marlena's girls night out. Throw Lexie into that mix as well. I would love to see these ladies hit the town.

I already commented on Daniel and Nicole earlier. C-H-E-M-I-S-T-R-Y. They really need to explore these two. And it would also pit Nicole and Kate against each other again. That would be fantastic. I want a Kate/Daniel/Nicole triangle in the future, please.

I am loving the autism storyline now. It has picked up the last few weeks. I can't even think of why it wasn't written this way in the beginning, but I hope it continues to be written this way, and it doesn't go back to the way it was before the whole writing scandal.

The Stefano and Anna scenes were nice. Has Anna always feared Stefano? She seems so scared of him. I don't get why they keep saying Stefano wants Kate to have his children. First of all, it's absurd that he wants her to have his children given her age. She is too old to be getting pregnant. Second of all, she can't get pregnant. Lucas was the last child Kate was able to carry to term. Curtis beat her so badly after learning of her affair with Bill Horton that she could no longer carry a child to term. That's why Philip, Rex and Cassie were all carried by surrogates.

If Stefano wants a damn child, why doesn't he find a younger woman to bore his child. They could have thrown Nicole his way since they were planning to reverse her pregnancy issues anyway. I really hate rewrites.

Not a bad show though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I loved how Lexie was against EJ being with Sami. I'm glad a writer finally realized Lexie hates Sami.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 16 2008, 05:22 PM
If Stefano wants a damn child, why doesn't he find a younger woman to bore his child. They could have thrown Nicole his way since they were planning to reverse her pregnancy issues anyway. I really hate rewrites.
what a great idea! that would give us some juicy stories with nicole struggling between her feelings for ej and her desire to get a free ride and wealth being married to stefano.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

We need more babies on this show like I need another migraine.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 16 2008, 02:00 PM
and fenderbabe - what is the recent speculation that you are so upset about. seems like things are leaning toward EJole for you??
Nicole being......PG. It's exactly the kind of thing I DIDN'T want to happen to Ej and Nicole when they first got together. It's just so...wrong. A lot of people are saying they don't want Nicole pregnant because they hate her and they don't want her with EJ, I don't want Nicole pregnant because:

*I DO love her.
*I DO want her with EJ
*We don't need no mo stinkin' babies on this show
*Her being pregnant with his kid means nothing on soaps. Ej and Sami have a child together and look at the wonders it's done for that relationship...*cough*
*I don't want EJ to "choose" Nicole because she's pregnant.
*Nicole drinks like a freaking fish. I don't want her to stop!
*It's too ridiculous after being with him once and having tubing problems from getting shot
*If she has a miscarriage, it's not like she's going to be upset (I'm so going to hell) so the drama is gone from that.
*Sami doesn't need ANOTHER reason to cling on to Ej, or be "jealous".

Did that answer your question? lol, Sorry, it just upsets me at the moment. I will say though, the looks they were giving each other today almost made it okay for a split second...but then I got pissed again.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Sep 16 2008, 06:15 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 16 2008, 05:22 PM
what a great idea! that would give us some juicy stories with nicole struggling between her feelings for ej and her desire to get a free ride and wealth being married to stefano.
Ha, wow, when I thought about the potential story, I didn't even think about Nicole being torn. Of course she would be! Nicole's not one that turns down money, which Stefano has ample amounts of, but she does have real feelings for EJ. It would have been awesome to see Stefano and EJ duking it out over Nicole.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Sep 15 2008, 09:29 PM
I really think Arianne would have chemistry with a door knob.
There you have it. Even her farewell stupid sex scene with Roman elicited some sparks a couple of years ago.
So sad that they'll make her preggers................

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

koos
Sep 16 2008, 03:36 AM
Mason
Sep 15 2008, 09:29 PM
I really think Arianne would have chemistry with a door knob.
I'd pay to see that, you know. Her and, er, uhh... a door knob.
Wow. We need to buy you some magazines, stat! :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

fenderbabe
Sep 16 2008, 06:36 PM
Alligato
and fenderbabe - what is the recent speculation that you are so upset about. seems like things are leaning toward EJole for you??
Nicole being......PG. It's exactly the kind of thing I DIDN'T want to happen to Ej and Nicole when they first got together. It's just so...wrong. A lot of people are saying they don't want Nicole pregnant because they hate her and they don't want her with EJ, I don't want Nicole pregnant because:

*I DO love her.
*I DO want her with EJ
*Her being pregnant with his kid means nothing on soaps. Ej and Sami have a child together and look at the wonders it's done for that relationship...*cough*
*It's too ridiculous after being with him once and having tubing problems from getting shot
*If she has a miscarriage, it's not like she's going to be upset (I'm so going to hell) so the drama is gone from that.

Did that answer your question? lol, Sorry, it just upsets me at the moment. I will say though, the looks they were giving each other today almost made it okay for a split second...but then I got pissed again.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
That pretty well sums up my feelings. Thank you!

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Sep 16 2008, 07:08 PM
fenderbabe
Sep 16 2008, 06:36 PM
Alligato

*I DO love her.
*I DO want her with EJ

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
That pretty well sums up my feelings. Thank you!
Excellent points! It makes me mad every time I think of Higley making Nicole pregnant. It's lazy, predictable, shortcut storytelling. I love Nicole, but I don't want her pregnant...that's not the best use of her character at all. She doesn't want kids, and that's okay. She's beautiful, smart, sexy, snarky, self-centered, self-serving and best of all she's not related to everyone in Salem. There's so much potential with Nicole and yet here we are again with the baby drama. And having her drinking water today, leaving the vodka on the bar, is too little, too late. If she is in fact pregnant, the damage has already been done since she's been drinking non-stop all summer long.

Ellie

Regarding today's show, I think there were some good elements, but they were either too quick or too drawn out. First, the Lexie/EJ/Theo scenes. I really think NBC should just piece these together, throw them into a made-for-TV movie, and call it a day. I used to watch these types of movies all the time, and my guess is that Dena Higley did too. This story is playing out exactly like that : a character has a problem, through way too much exposition we find out all about it, the character's life is almost ruined because of the problem, then the character comes to a new understanding and readjusts his/her life around the problem. The end. I liked the fact that Lexie opened up to EJ, BUT, did we need to see almost half of the show devoted to it? Did we need to hear all about Theo's diagnosis, that it's ruining Lexie's career (as I've said, her past misdeeds somehow didn't ruin her career, but this is), it's ruining her social relationships with other mothers, it's putting a strain on her marriage, etc etc. Meanwhile, Dr. Dan finds it necessary to explain autism to Nicole. Dena seems to have forgotten she is writing for a soap opera. We are supposed to SEE these things happening slowly, not hear about them on one show. We're supposed to be intrigued and rush to turn on our TVs the next day because we're wondering what's going to happen next. Is anyone so engaged in this story that that's happening?

Marlena/Kayla/Hope - I'd also like to see the 'girls night out', though I'm sure we won't. Marlena's confession to Hope didn't make much sense, given that Hope was written as having pretty much no reaction to it. I still find it hard to believe that no one would have told her in the first place. (And this is Hope, who is usually written as knowing most of what's going on in Salem.)

Dan/Nicole - I agree, tons of chemistry, though I thought the scenes were too long and the dialogue went in circles.

Stefano/Anna - this was a bright spot for me. I liked Anna's reactions to Stefano... it seemed like a real a father-in-law/daughter-in-law type of conversation. Although, the part where Stefano received the note from the maid seemed soooo contrived. Even Joe had an annoyed look on his face. There was no other way to get Stefano that piece of information? A confidential note for someone else ended up in his hands because the other person wasn't there at the time? Riiiiiighhhht.

Also a technical comment - did anyone notice that the previews came out strange? The previews were chopped in three as usual, but it was all the same scene, and Stefano's voice was heard over the transition between the different preview sections. First I thought it was my recording, lol, but it wasn't.

The previews did look interesting, though - hope tomorrow's show is better than today's was!
Edited by Ellie, Sep 16 2008, 07:37 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

AAAHHHH, hold the phone!! Pigs are flying!!! The Sahara has frozen over!! Lions and lambs are lying down together! I actually took Marlena's side when she berated Sami. (Although, yes, Marlena gets enabled too. I digress. Compliments towards Marlena coming from my keyboard are far and few between). :D

Yeah, Nicole and Daniel have that old chemistry too. Ah, I could only dream of a Daniel/Nicole/EJ triangle. Maybe in an alternate Salem universe where the Hortons and Bradys don't always rule.......

yes, I'm getting involved in this autism storyline, too. Thank goodness.

Kyrai

Ellie
Sep 16 2008, 07:29 PM
Regarding today's show, I think there were some good elements, but they were either too quick or too drawn out. First, the Lexie/EJ/Theo scenes. I really think NBC should just piece these together, throw them into a made-for-TV movie, and call it a day. I used to watch these types of movies all the time, and my guess is that Dena Higley did too. This story is playing out exactly like that : a character has a problem, through way too much exposition we find out all about it, the character's life is almost ruined because of the problem, then the character comes to a new understanding and readjusts his/her life around the problem. The end. I liked the fact that Lexie opened up to EJ, BUT, did we need to see almost half of the show devoted to it? Did we need to hear all about Theo's diagnosis, that it's ruining Lexie's career (as I've said, her past misdeeds somehow didn't ruin her career, but this is), it's ruining her social relationships with other mothers, it's putting a strain on her marriage, etc etc. Meanwhile, Dr. Dan finds it necessary to explain autism to Nicole. Dena seems to have forgotten she is writing for a soap opera. We are supposed to SEE these things happening slowly, not hear about them on one show. We're supposed to be intrigued and rush to turn on our TVs the next day because we're wondering what's going to happen next. Is anyone so engaged in this story that that's happening?

Marlena/Kayla/Hope - I'd also like to see the 'girls night out', though I'm sure we won't. Marlena's confession to Hope didn't make much sense, given that Hope was written as having pretty much no reaction to it. I still find it hard to believe that no one would have told her in the first place. (And this is Hope, who is usually written as knowing most of what's going on in Salem.)

Dan/Nicole - I agree, tons of chemistry, though I thought the scenes were too long and the dialogue went in circles.

Stefano/Anna - this was a bright spot for me. I liked Anna's reactions to Stefano... it seemed like a real a father-in-law/daughter-in-law type of conversation. Although, the part where Stefano received the note from the maid seemed soooo contrived. Even Joe had an annoyed look on his face. There was no other way to get Stefano that piece of information? A confidential note for someone else ended up in his hands because the other person wasn't there at the time? Riiiiiighhhht.

Also a technical comment - did anyone notice that the previews came out strange? The previews were chopped in three as usual, but it was all the same scene, and Stefano's voice was heard over the transition between the different preview sections. First I thought it was my recording, lol, but it wasn't.

The previews did look interesting, though - hope tomorrow's show is better than today's was!
I love your comments. They sum up exactly how I felt watching today's ep. I also noticed the preview scenes for tomorrow were odd (not that I mind seeing John 3 times, lol).

Ellie

Kyrai
Sep 16 2008, 08:35 PM
I love your comments. They sum up exactly how I felt watching today's ep. I also noticed the preview scenes for tomorrow were odd (not that I mind seeing John 3 times, lol).
Thanks!
Edited by Ellie, Sep 16 2008, 09:21 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

I really wish that the show would let us see the ladies night out. There are all kinds of balance on a show and one of them is giving some fun times to go along with all the drama. Hope, Marlena, and Kayla going out on the town together would be fun, particularly if they all got a little tipsy along the way. And having Bo and Steve show up to see them all having a good ol' time would just be icing on the cake. There such great history and friendship between all of these people and they could use it in a very fun way if they tried.

Ellie

esp13
Sep 16 2008, 10:37 PM
I really wish that the show would let us see the ladies night out. There are all kinds of balance on a show and one of them is giving some fun times to go along with all the drama. Hope, Marlena, and Kayla going out on the town together would be fun, particularly if they all got a little tipsy along the way. And having Bo and Steve show up to see them all having a good ol' time would just be icing on the cake. There such great history and friendship between all of these people and they could use it in a very fun way if they tried.
Couldn't agree more. And I know this has been discussed, but some '86 flashbacks thrown in there couldn't hurt. :smile:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was an excellent show.

As I mentioned already, Daniel and Nicole were great together. It was just a chemistry test but it didn't feel forced and they played well off each other. The writing was very natural. Great scenes. I appreciated the way Daniel explained to Nicole what was going on with Lexie and Theo and how Nicole and Daniel conversed about things like Chelsea and co being in France, etc. It's little things like that which make the show feel real and like a community. Love it.

EJ/Nicole had some good scenes. I liked her bringing up Sami's past misdeeds and how she gets away with everything because people clean up her messes. Very good scenes. Glad EJ agreed with her. I'm loving the writing for him right now.

Theo/Lexie/EJ was very good. The autism story has really improved this month. Scott was great in dealing with Theo and the actor playing Theo, as well as Renee Jones, are doing a fine job. It's so much better to have Theo doing more then counting. Liked the interaction with the little boy and his mother too and the way the scene played when Theo had a temper tantrum and Lexie was embarrassed. Realistic and a very effective scene.

I really enjoyed Roman and Marlena's scenes with Sami. Loved Marlena being tough on her and telling Roman to be the same. Roman being the big softy is so in character. I really wish Carrie and Belle were mentioned. Sami is very much in character right now. I feel the writing to her and Marlena has improved a ton in recent weeks. Also liked Stefano intercepting John's message and coming for Sami. That was a fun scene to end the show on. The maid seemed new (we've never seen her before) so I can buy her thinking Stefano could maybe help. Of course, Stefano would want to look at the message anyway so that isn't way off base. I do think Joe was a bit annoyed as it could've been handled in a different way but it wasn't bad.

Stefano/Anna was fun too. They really hit on the dynamic between them nicely. Anna fears Stefano to a point but also is willing to stand up to him for Tony. I liked the poison talk and the tension of Stefano's threats against Tony. It's so great to have Anna being used more.

I loved the Hope/Kayla scenes and wish we saw some Bo/Steve stuff too and the actual ladies night. I think we would've if not for the set usage and budget. I don't think flashbacks are necessary. We've had alot of them recently. I like them but I want to see more story movement and not just flashbacks for the sake of flashbacks. Unless the show needs extra filler, it's not necessary right now as the show is trying to get on track. I did like Marlena, Hope, and Kayla sharing scenes and their vow to stand together and beat Stefano. Marlena's confession felt right to me. Hope didn't know and she had not seen Marlena so it's logical for the issue to come up as the police are investigating. I was glad Marlena mentioned the difficult situation she put Hope in by confessing since that is so true. Glad they set up Steve going after Stefano too and all the tension that goes along with that. There was foreboding feel to those scenes, just as there should be.

As for the previews, the show has done that alot. They sometimes do that to not spoil certain parts of the next episode (which I applaud them before so some suspense will remain) but there isn't many character on tomorrow. We have Abe/Lexie at their house and Stefano, EJ, Sami, Tony, Anna, John, and Marlena at the Dimera mansion so naturally the preview would include scenes from the same set or involving the same characters. I watched tomorrow's and I loved J&M and the way the Stefano party scenes came out. It all backfired on him and I loved it. It was nothing like the preview implied at all and the Abe/Lexie scenes were wonderful too.

Nice way to start the week (not counting yesterday LOL).
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 17 2008, 01:19 AM.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

Phoenix, I agree. Loved the show today, esp the scenes with EJ and Lexie. I really felt a bond between the two of them, they felt very natural together, and he seemed to me to be a very loving concerned uncle to Theo. There was n't a lot of story movement, but I personally enjoyed the ineractions between the characters. It was light and enjoyable.

Ives
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 16 2008, 10:37 PM
Oh, yeah. :P I would have loved a few scenes showing some tipsiness. I am sure it would have been fun for the actors to have a different type of scene to play. I still remember how funny drunk Kayla was. LMAO

Days4Life

Okay, we've had Stefano's threats, John's threats, Stefano's maniacal laughing at the stupidity of all who dare thwart him...now let's have some plotting, some manipulating, some real action. Bring it on!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply