Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/15
Topic Started: Sep 15 2008, 11:57 AM (4,820 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Sep 19 2008, 04:19 PM
Tripp
Sep 19 2008, 04:17 PM
^Well, she didn't really approve of Daniel initially remember? It took awhile. And she was a little insulted he was brought in. So I'd really like to have seen them play that out.

Or maybe it would have been nice if Victor brought up how he received such good care given he just had a stroke recently while Lexie was CoS.
Oh, yes. Lexie was a bit miffed.

Your right. They should've had Victor mention his care and maybe Philip's. Then again, Daniel rambled on and on there wasn't much time left for anyone else :laugh:.
I know! I had to laugh when today's show had him still going on and on. I really thought the board was gonna bring up Lexie's past affairs, not the autism given her history.

But I do think Daniel would appreciate a more hands on CoS then an administrator type.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Pearly, Tripp and Pheonix - y'all are really building me up for some Victor surprise for Monday's show...I hope I am not disappointed! Victor out of character? What does he do? Play with Pookie?

I just love me some Victor!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Oh yeah. I understood that.

They actually repeated the end of his speech about her from yesterday so that did annoy me a bit. I didn't think Elenore would bring up her affairs because she seemed hesitant to even bring up autism. Julie took her to task for even mentioning that so she probably wanted to keep the focus on Lexie's administrative performance and rightfully so. However, the way Daniel defended Lexie I'm surprised no one thought they were having an affair. I mean, Daniel was way over the top :laugh: . It was in character for him though.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Sep 19 2008, 04:26 PM
Pearly, Tripp and Pheonix - y'all are really building me up for some Victor surprise for Monday's show...I hope I am not disappointed! Victor out of character? What does he do? Play with Pookie?

I just love me some Victor!
Victor and Pookie would've been great, if that were the case. :laugh:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Sep 19 2008, 04:26 PM
That's it! He plays with Pookie! (j/k) LOL

The only way if people thought they were having an affair would be if they were CLOSE to having an affair. I thought about that while watching, these scenes tned to happen if say Dan and Lexie still hated each other (or seemed to) but Dan surprised Lexie by sticking up for her so vehemently (and surprising himself). It's really unusual for platonic coworkers to be so solid together and still be platonic.

I really prefer Dan with Kate though so I'm happy they are going there for this. I'm interested to see how they draw closer over her illness with Dan's history and his patients and then of course the fact he dated her granddaughter first making this all taboo (TABOO!)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Sep 18 2008, 07:25 PM
In the not too distant past, Alison Sweeney was a supporting player too...
I love Mason and Tim...

:wub2:

How horrible for someone with talent and getting decent recognition, with a character who has a colorful past.......how HORRIBLE she get some attention just because she might be competition to break up a couple. Or, just cause her name's not Brady, Horton, or DiMera. Damn, HOW DARE SHE???:frustration:
Yes, that's a rhetorical question.
so, this is rather like someone in middle management not being eligible for a promotion merely because he or she was hired in middle management?
OK, I'm going on a rant here.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 18 2008, 07:32 PM
^All the more reason why her becoming a lead isn't necessarily a bad thing. People are used to her and she has proven she can carry a story and, there I say, the show. Does that mean she should be on everyday a la Ali Sweeney last year? No. It just means she is talented enough.

This show could use a damn lead that isn't a Brady or Horton. At least she can move through different stories and can be paired with anyone. Most of all, she can ACT.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 18 2008, 08:24 PM
angmc
Sep 18 2008, 07:38 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 18 2008, 07:32 PM
^All the more reason why her becoming a lead isn't necessarily a bad thing. People are used to her and she has proven she can carry a story and, there I say, the show. Does that mean she should be on everyday a la Ali Sweeney last year? No. It just means she is talented enough.

This show could use a damn lead that isn't a Brady or Horton. At least she can move through different stories and can be paired with anyone. Most of all, she can ACT.
When did she prove that she could carry a story?? Because Dena has a girl crush and decided she needs to be in every storyline..

And obviously I'm gonna disagree with the assessment that Ali became a lead just last year. She's been part of the core of this show for years and not as a supporting character.
Uh...no.

She's not even involved in every story. She's involved in the Ej/Sami story and in the Trent story. That's it. Is she involved in the Dimera story? No. Is she involved in the autism story? No. Contrast that with last year when the whole show was controlled by both Sami and EJ. The whole Dimera story last year ran through both characters and that was the biggest story of the year and it dominated the airtime EVERY SINGLE DAY. Look at the episode counts. Is Nicole on every single day? Is every story on the show working through her? Is she taking it upon herself to end the reign of the town's major crime family? No. I didn't think so.

Arianne Zucker was not very good when she first came upon the scene in 1998. However, when tossed in with Kate, Victor, and Lucas she came into her own. She was the only good thing about that piece of shit tropical temptation story. Her performance in scenes opposite her father were mesmerizing. Not to mention her performances with John Aniston, particularly during the Colin murder story. She was also very good when Brady learned the truth about her and during her brief fling with Austin (when Peck left her performance in her last scene with him in Vegas was fantastic). Now, Higley has chose to tap into the side that Nicole tends to cover for and Arianne has embraced it and shown just how good of an actress she has become. She doesn't ham it up. She's subtle at times and adds special nuances where she feels it's needed. She's risen above bad writing at times as well, something some vets don't do. She carried the show through April, May, and June IMO when the show was directionless and in upheaval. Her performance today showed why she can be lead and can carry a story. If you don't like her, fine but I don't think her acting abilities can be disputed.
And if truth be known, I first fell for her acting when she and Ali were together back in the Stan days (NOT for the fruit roll up storyline of Chloe), but those two girls had a fantastic comedic chemistry. Ironic, huh? I guess it would be criminal to say now that someone could like both actors. Well, I would if Sami's character hadn't been so trashed lately by the writing. Now, THERE'S someone who had major overexposure, even as a lead.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Sep 18 2008, 09:40 PM
Although it hurt my EJami loving heart, I thought today's EJ/Nicole scene was pretty good. Slightly cheesy, but EJ describing their date and Nicole crying (great crying btw!)...that just broke my heart. It was romantic, and nice to see a couple talk about dating and getting to know each other...and EJ knew what wine Nicole drank and what to eat and while major cheese, I liked the "chaste kiss" comment. Nice to see EJ doesn't totally think of Nicole as a hot piece of ass.

From spoilers, we know that they don't actually get the date and soon all hell will break loose, but for right now, they were romantic and I like a good romantic story.

Phillip and Kate were also pretty cute together today too. Loved Phillip taking control over his mom to get tested and the blood was an excellent touch. Where as sometimes I doubt Lucas' feelings for his mom, I get the impression that Philly loves his mother and their relationship is more balanced than hers and Lucas'.

Mayor Martino? Or Marino? Nice looking guy either way. Loved how he took control over the SPD idiots, and I was thinking that if Abe quit his job and Lexie loses hers, maybe this is how Dena is getting the autism story to balance out showing the financial struggles with the working struggles.
What is Abe going to do now? Retire and care for Theo?

Loved seeing Julie, Doug and Victor...

Come to think of it, today's show just rocked all around. Loved all the stories, the movement, etc.
Good call, Pheonix! I was excited to watch it after your post!

Now I can't wait to see tomorrows...Austin and Billie? Really?
I bow to you, too, and your fairness. ;)
Shoot, I need to quit typing and go watch my recordings from this week! I'm sorely behind.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 19 2008, 03:58 PM
Pearly I sent you a PM. I realize now I am missing some early Victor scenes so that may be what you are referring to.

I didn't get the PM, Tripp.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 19 2008, 03:24 PM
Pearly
Sep 19 2008, 03:21 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 19 2008, 03:16 PM
One thing about Higley is she sure likes to write for John Aniston and she does write Victor well.
I'm sure you will quickly change your mind re: that comment once you've seen Monday's US show. Let's just say he does something extremely out of character. :eyeroll:

....and yes, the :eyeroll: is the emoticon of choice for this week. :smile:
I think I already know what your talking about. I still haven't changed my mind.

I haven't watched the whole episode yet so I'll wait but I don't have a problem with it, personally.

it's funny about Dena...when she does like a character,she writes them pretty doggone well. It's just a shame she can't be more balanced about that. But, to her credit, she does seem to give attention to the ones who aren't normally part of the "entitled", which I like, even if I don't agree with everything she does or a lot of her writing. I've always been that way since re-watching Days (besides still loving Bo and Hope and Steve and Kayla).
I rooted for Jate instead of J&M.
I rooted for Shimi instead of Shelle.
I even rooted for Max and Mimi instead of Abby and Max.
I don't feel like trashing Roman (sentimental reasons, I guess, since Chris Kosichek was my first Days crush).
I root for Nicole over Sami.
I rooted for Sami over Belle and Carrie.
I rooted for Stan!!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Pearly
Sep 19 2008, 05:33 PM
Tripp
Sep 19 2008, 03:58 PM
Pearly I sent you a PM. I realize now I am missing some early Victor scenes so that may be what you are referring to.

I didn't get the PM, Tripp.
Weird.

I sent it again.

I think though I may know maybe a little bit what you are referring to, unless you are referring to Vic scenes prior to the pub. I haven't seen those yet.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Wow, with this whole Victor conversation, Monday better be good!

koos

Friday was awesome! I was disappointed when it was over. Thursday was pretty good, too. Why can't more episodes be that exciting?

Kenny
Member Avatar

I miss Martha Madison. :(

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Sep 20 2008, 04:52 AM

Kenny, three years ago I would have laughed if i knew I would say......................
I agree with you. They really blew a great storyline potential during the dock wars without including Belle.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I miss Shawn and Belle...even if they just brought back Belle.
I am still at a loss why S/B are gone, but we have Stax/Morgan/Melanie etc.
If we needed to drop one story, I would have preferred the college crap over Shawn and Belle, especially as Chloe seemed to learn to act opposite BB, and Phillip and Belle were smokin!

Sigh!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Sep 20 2008, 08:45 AM
If we needed to drop one story, I would have preferred the college crap over Shawn and Belle, especially as Chloe seemed to learn to act opposite BB, and Phillip and Belle were smokin!

Sigh!
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. I couldn't stand Shelle. There was no chemistry between BB and MM, and BB's acting was leaving me feeling quite bored. I did think MM could act, but Belle was a character that was difficult to root for. Since Shelle had been in Salem for all their lives, what story could be told about them? (Though I do think that if they had stuck around, Claire could have been a candidate for autism instead of Theo.)

I was hoping they were splitting up Shelle up for Phelle, simply because I thought it was a good story and there was more chemistry with JKJ and MM (basically woman that held torch for high school love ruins current marriage to go back with ex, only to realize it was that other guy she was happier with).

Kyrai

Alligato
Sep 20 2008, 08:45 AM

Sigh!
I miss them too.

I liked Belle with Phillip and Mimi with Shawn.

peaches179

Kenny
Sep 20 2008, 04:52 AM

Me too.
Edited by peaches179, Sep 20 2008, 01:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply