Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/15
Topic Started: Sep 15 2008, 11:57 AM (5,007 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Tripp
Sep 20 2008, 09:41 AM
I was hoping they were splitting up Shelle up for Phelle, simply because I thought it was a good story and there was more chemistry with JKJ and MM (basically woman that held torch for high school love ruins current marriage to go back with ex, only to realize it was that other guy she was happier with).
Really? This surprises me from you. I don't remember you ever saying that you were hoping for Phelle.

MM did have way more chem with JKJ than she did with BB, but that's not saying all that much. Plus, I just simply can't stand the character of Belle.

I liked Shimi. Too bad that pairing had to be sacrificed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Sep 20 2008, 11:03 AM
Tripp
Sep 20 2008, 09:41 AM
I was hoping they were splitting up Shelle up for Phelle, simply because I thought it was a good story and there was more chemistry with JKJ and MM (basically woman that held torch for high school love ruins current marriage to go back with ex, only to realize it was that other guy she was happier with).
Really? This surprises me from you. I don't remember you ever saying that you were hoping for Phelle.

MM did have way more chem with JKJ than she did with BB, but that's not saying all that much. Plus, I just simply can't stand the character of Belle.

I liked Shimi. Too bad that pairing had to be sacrificed.
Well.....when I say I was hoping for Phelle, let's just say if I HAD TO CHOOSE, then I would have picked Phelle anytime over Shelle. Remember there was no other love interests out there for Philip (at the time).

Honestly Belle's character as she was written was just a complete waste. I wanted so badly for her to just "snap" and become bad. MM did bitchy well, she just so rarely got to do it.

peaches179

peaches179
Sep 20 2008, 10:40 AM
Kenny
Sep 20 2008, 04:52 AM
I miss Martha Madison. :(

Me too. I really miss her scenes with Dee Hall
Edited by peaches179, Sep 20 2008, 01:39 PM.

peaches179

peaches179
Sep 20 2008, 01:30 PM
peaches179
Kenny

I really miss her scenes with Dee Hall

peaches179

peaches179
Sep 20 2008, 01:30 PM
peaches179
Kenny

Edited by peaches179, Sep 20 2008, 01:41 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I miss Martha too. But I really believe she's better off being away from this piece of crap show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm over losing Martha and I don't miss Shelle in the least. I definitely miss Phelle though. I wouldn't mind Belle returning with Martha in the role but I'm happy with the show at the moment, minus Sami's pregnancy and Renton being axed.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, I sat down and watched Wednesday-Friday, and it wasn't half bad. I really liked the son-mom dynamics with Kate, Lucas, and Philip. That was sweet, with the webcam stuff.
I could say a lot more, but I think I'm battling strep and don't think I can string coherent sentences together...........but I can try.
Sami looked great in that black dress, but that cocktail party was strange.
Nicole and EJ :wub2: :wub2:
OK, I'm sorry. How many anvils does it take to tell us that Trent will meet an ugly end? :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kyrai
Sep 20 2008, 10:01 AM
Alligato
Sep 20 2008, 08:45 AM
I miss Shawn and Belle...even if they just brought back Belle.
I am still at a loss why S/B are gone, but we have Stax/Morgan/Melanie etc.
If we needed to drop one story, I would have preferred the college crap over Shawn and Belle, especially as Chloe seemed to learn to act opposite BB, and Phillip and Belle were smokin!

Sigh!
I miss them too.

I liked Belle with Phillip and Mimi with Shawn.

You better believe it!! :D

Nicole Walker

I so loved Nicole and EJ's scenes!! How he described thier date and Nicole's reaction to it. I love Ari and James!! I liked the Max and Trent scenes when he had that broken bottle to his neck. I seriously thought that Max could kill him. I like Melanie and Nick so I hope they hook up and Chelsea leaves him alone. I also like how Marlena has been handling hersel lately. She's just kicking azz.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 16 2008, 07:29 PM
Regarding today's show, I think there were some good elements, but they were either too quick or too drawn out. First, the Lexie/EJ/Theo scenes. I really think NBC should just piece these together, throw them into a made-for-TV movie, and call it a day. I used to watch these types of movies all the time, and my guess is that Dena Higley did too. This story is playing out exactly like that : a character has a problem, through way too much exposition we find out all about it, the character's life is almost ruined because of the problem, then the character comes to a new understanding and readjusts his/her life around the problem. The end. I liked the fact that Lexie opened up to EJ, BUT, did we need to see almost half of the show devoted to it? Did we need to hear all about Theo's diagnosis, that it's ruining Lexie's career (as I've said, her past misdeeds somehow didn't ruin her career, but this is), it's ruining her social relationships with other mothers, it's putting a strain on her marriage, etc etc. Meanwhile, Dr. Dan finds it necessary to explain autism to Nicole. Dena seems to have forgotten she is writing for a soap opera. We are supposed to SEE these things happening slowly, not hear about them on one show. We're supposed to be intrigued and rush to turn on our TVs the next day because we're wondering what's going to happen next. Is anyone so engaged in this story that that's happening?

Marlena/Kayla/Hope - I'd also like to see the 'girls night out', though I'm sure we won't. Marlena's confession to Hope didn't make much sense, given that Hope was written as having pretty much no reaction to it. I still find it hard to believe that no one would have told her in the first place. (And this is Hope, who is usually written as knowing most of what's going on in Salem.)

Dan/Nicole - I agree, tons of chemistry, though I thought the scenes were too long and the dialogue went in circles.

Stefano/Anna - this was a bright spot for me. I liked Anna's reactions to Stefano... it seemed like a real a father-in-law/daughter-in-law type of conversation. Although, the part where Stefano received the note from the maid seemed soooo contrived. Even Joe had an annoyed look on his face. There was no other way to get Stefano that piece of information? A confidential note for someone else ended up in his hands because the other person wasn't there at the time? Riiiiiighhhht.

Also a technical comment - did anyone notice that the previews came out strange? The previews were chopped in three as usual, but it was all the same scene, and Stefano's voice was heard over the transition between the different preview sections. First I thought it was my recording, lol, but it wasn't.

The previews did look interesting, though - hope tomorrow's show is better than today's was!
"I liked the fact that Lexie opened up to EJ, BUT, did we need to see almost half of the show devoted to it?"

Yes we did, that's better then J&M vs Stefano: Round 169

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Nicole Dimera
Sep 20 2008, 09:02 PM
I so loved Nicole and EJ's scenes!! How he described thier date and Nicole's reaction to it. I love Ari and James!! I liked the Max and Trent scenes when he had that broken bottle to his neck. I seriously thought that Max could kill him. I like Melanie and Nick so I hope they hook up and Chelsea leaves him alone. I also like how Marlena has been handling hersel lately. She's just kicking azz.
Ari can do crying very well. All quiet, with no big show. That packed a wallop. That was the face of a woman who wants so desperately to think that maybe her prince has come, but knows that it's probably too good to be true.
Max was OK, but I liked how Nick just quietly stood there and didn't flinch. That, to me, meant more than the broken bottle. It's quiet anger, but Blake showed that you don't push Nick's buttons too far and stay safe. I love how they're finally bringing Nick to the foreground. And yeah, Nick and Melanie! Chelsea is becoming too much like Belle and Sami. Running to the castoff when the flavor of the month doesn't work.
I found Marlena tolerable. I just wish she wasn't so frequently the center of Stefano's attention. I think there's story enough with him trying to wrest family control from the DiMera boys.

hops
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
I'm glad Marlena listened to John and realized that she had strength enough to face Stefano, and went back and confronted him. This was needed. Stefano has used and abused Marlena and her family for many years. He did something horrific to her husband. I want Marlena to face him like that and not back away from him. I love that John gave her his full support and I hope this is something they take on together.

Kyrai

hops
Sep 21 2008, 11:27 AM
Nicole Dimera
I'm glad Marlena listened to John and realized that she had strength enough to face Stefano, and went back and confronted him. This was needed. Stefano has used and abused Marlena and her family for many years. He did something horrific to her husband. I want Marlena to face him like that and not back away from him. I love that John gave her his full support and I hope this is something they take on together.
ICAM! Wednesday gave me hope. I hope things are going to get better, stronger, and more consistent.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 18 2008, 03:02 PM
Just watched the episode. LOVED IT! Anyone that hasn't been watching lately, I urge to watch today. It was just great. Everything flowed nicely. Nothing seemed forced. Nothing seemed random. If this was a Gary Tomlin touch and something we have to look forward to in the future, then good. It was great.

I'll post more later. I just wanted to say that I loved the ending scene with Kate and Philip. When I heard she was coughing up blood, I figured there would just be a little bit on the tissue and we would have Philip and Kate overreacting with just a little bit of blood, rightfully so, but still. No. It looked like Kate was pretty much throwing up blood, and it worked for Philip and Kate to freak out the way they did. I know I would have been if I had been doing that or saw soemone do that. Nice.

More later.
I thought the coughing up bloodscene was poorly done. I don't know, maybe I was expecting to much, like when John was coughing up blood at the french hospital when he found out Marlena slapped Brady.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Pearly
Sep 19 2008, 03:21 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 19 2008, 03:16 PM
One thing about Higley is she sure likes to write for John Aniston and she does write Victor well.
I'm sure you will quickly change your mind re: that comment once you've seen Monday's US show. Let's just say he does something extremely out of character. :eyeroll:

....and yes, the :eyeroll: is the emoticon of choice for this week. :smile:
Can you PM what Victor did?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I feel sorry for Trent, everyone is beating him up and he doesn't even know half of those people.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply