Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumor: Ali Sweeney to be FIRED from DOOL?
Topic Started: Sep 16 2008, 12:15 PM (20,266 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Pearly
Sep 18 2008, 08:33 PM
ladyofthelake
Sep 18 2008, 06:57 PM
My sentiments exactly. To be honest......it's sometimes hard right now to read this and know whose posts are truly objective and whose are ruled by their feelings about their favorites.
*raises hand*
I'm one of those who are NOT being objective and is being ruled by my feeling for Ali and EJami and I SAY IT LOUD AND I SAY IT PROUD! :smile:
LOL, Tim already said what I was going to. That you're honest! That's progress. :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DaysFanJean
Sep 19 2008, 04:10 PM
Personally, I'd be quite satisfied if Al was let go. She has too much talent to be playing this emotional wreck of child/woman which isn't becoming at all to her.
And actually, The Biggest Loser can really boost her career. The thing is (and I might be saying this because of my own pesonality), I can't see how the stress of these two high profile jobs can be healthy. Not to mention, if she is the diva, or even if she isn't, the stress of all these rumors. She's been known to come on boards and defend herself and others, so I honestly am amazed she hasn't taken a break or a leave of absence from Days to sort things out and take care of herself. I would really think it would take a toll.

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

Back on rumor control. In spite of some rumors,Soaps.com would like you all to know that Lauren Koslow is not being let go from Days. Neither is Alison Sweeney. In fact, Alison will be working well into the holidays, depending on how she is feeling with her pregnancy. This is official word from Days.

I realize there are other rumors out there that another vet is being let go. I've nothing to say about that. If someone is being let go and word is kept quiet, it's for a reason. It's usually storyline related.

www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

vinnmerc
Sep 20 2008, 10:18 AM
Back on rumor control. In spite of some rumors,Soaps.com would like you all to know that Lauren Koslow is not being let go from Days. Neither is Alison Sweeney. In fact, Alison will be working well into the holidays, depending on how she is feeling with her pregnancy. This is official word from Days.

I realize there are other rumors out there that another vet is being let go. I've nothing to say about that. If someone is being let go and word is kept quiet, it's for a reason. It's usually storyline related.

I hate to point this out, but this doesn't exactly put the rumor to rest. The rumor is that Ali is being let go AFTER she has her baby, which this doesn't mention.

It's kind of like that bullshit DirecTV pulled on Passions fans. They cancelled the show but were like, "Oh we just renewed the show for X numbers of episodes!" Yeah, just enough to fufill the contractual obligation. :eyeroll:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OneBadKitty
Sep 20 2008, 06:04 PM
vinnmerc

I hate to point this out, but this doesn't exactly put the rumor to rest. The rumor is that Ali is being let go AFTER she has her baby, which this doesn't mention.

It's kind of like that bullshit DirecTV pulled on Passions fans. They cancelled the show but were like, "Oh we just renewed the show for X numbers of episodes!" Yeah, just enough to fufill the contractual obligation. :eyeroll:

You're right, Kitty. Pretty vague wording there on that little notice. This is sort of like the stuff some of those places come up with, so either way it goes, they can say "See? I was right!"

ges
Member Avatar

FanODays
Sep 17 2008, 08:30 AM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 17 2008, 12:04 AM
^Nope.

I tape the show every day and often re-watch it to see if I missed something (oh how I wish I could watch the show as a fan and not analyze but it's actually fun at times). I read the boards and often go back and look at things pertaining to Days and other shows. I've noticed the difference in scene content in regards to Sami. If you really look at the scenes, the difference is quite noticeable.

I'm merely just putting bias aside. I like Ali and don't like Higley but it's not about that. It's about the WGA issue and the scandal surrounding Ed and this "diva." It's about what is right and what is good for the show and this mess will never go away until it's completely cleaned up and all remnants of it are gone.
I agree, there is a marked difference in how Sami is being written. She is no longer a leading character that people love to hate. Sami used to be one of the best characters, she was bad-damaged to a big extent but there was a goodness to her underneath it. Not anymore. Now she is a brat, period.

Is this all fallout from the writing scandal or has Higley always wanted to throw Sami over for Nicole, and now Nicole and Chloe? Don't know. Two years if you told me that AS might be let go, I'd never, ever, ever believe it, now it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
For what it is worth, I agree with what you have posted. We all pretty much guessed that it was Ali Sweeney who was the Diva. I am sure that the spite involved in that title somehow originated from Dena Higley. She has been backburnering Sammi & making her character unlikeable since her ascent to power. She is deliberately making Nicole the leading lady to spite anybody that doubts her power. She is angry with Ali Sweeney, and vindictive to boot.
Ali may or may not want to put up with the situation. This Higley woman operates from the position of someone who has nothing to lose. Now, you would think that someone that has nothing to lose would bust a move, shake things up and make things exciting. Sadly, for Higley she thinks that she is doing this now. She sees herself in Lexie, such a hard-worker but someone that has to make sacrifices for her family and her son. I have had to prop wooden toothpicks in my eyeballs to stay awake during the Abe and Lexie marriage scenes. Life is tough Ms. Higley. You are not my hero. Sorry. You may have an innocent face and a good facade but I have been on this planet long enough to recognize a back-stabbing bitch when I see one. You threw ed Scott under the bus. You know that with your horrific reputation you will never write for television again. You are a scab, who has scabbed your way to the top. And you intend to stay there for as long as you can. This is the business. I understand that. But guess what? I don't care about you. I don't care about your personal life or the difficulty raising your children. We all have our crosses to bear. The fact that you are insinuating that a couple with one child, with one parent as a physician, who have owned their home for God knows how many years, is going into financial crisis does not resonate with me. They can afford their bills and Theo's and then some. Talk about a factory worker with an autistic child and I might have some sympathy for you. Lest anybody think that I am cold-hearted, I take care of a kid every single day for pennies on the dollars with disabilities. And I know for a fact that physicians and their families have a lot more options than the working poor. So I couldn't give a crap how Abe and Lexie are now going to have marital friction. Maybe if they were sexually attracted to each other, they could make it work. They put me in a coma. I am tired of watching their problems. Also if you want to get rid of Kate, you bitch, I so wish you hadn't chosen lung cancer. Let's just say I have helped three of the people I love in this world die from lung cancer and it is the saddest, most debilitating way to go that there is. Do I want my favorite show to feature lung cancer as entertainment and autism as a close second? No! I want to escape reality, you dumb bitch. My God, could you be any more fucking depressing? You think you are cutting edge, but you are just a wannabe hack. Go home and write scripts and submit them to studios. You need to leave Days of Our Lives alone. I have watched it all my life and you are ruining it. On so many levels.
If you fire Ali Sweeney out of revenge, or bring about her withdrawl, then you are a bigger piece of shit than I thought. The entire cast and crew hate you. Yet you press on because you know when Days is either not-renewed or you are fired, that is it for you. Until then, I have to put up with what you think is interesting. God, you suck. On ahappier note, how about them Gators? and as to Luis coming to Days? I wouldn't put it past her. What the show needs is new women that are not whores. We have enough hot men already. :soapbox: :drunk: :drunk:

Nicole Walker

Okay. LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Sep 20 2008, 06:04 PM
vinnmerc

Exactly.

Higley writing Sami poorly (although she is being written better lately) is shocking because she wrote brilliantly for her and Lucas the first time around in 2003. It's very odd.

Fuzzy

Hi! I haven't posted here before, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents. Not that I expect anyone to care, but..

First, if Ali Sweeney is the diva, I want the name of her vitamin supplements! Not two but three full time jobs while pregnant? Not to mention all the publicity work? That woman is superhuman. I mean, I know she didn't have that much airtime on Days, but still.

Second, Higley needs to go. Right now. That woman is powermad. She started off by firing Billie. Then Belle and Shawn (and I don't need anyone to tell me it was her--she comes on and they move from a frontburner storyline to being written off as fast as Higley can type a semi-coherent exit. If it looks like a duck and tastes good with plum sauce...) Then she gets rid of Hogan's entire support staff which was, IMHO, a lot more competant than hers. Then they get rid of Ed Scott for her. And his talented directors. And, now, she has in for Ali Sweeney. The woman apparently gets along with no one. It would be one thing if Ali was the first person she'd clashed with. But she's not.
Edited by Fuzzy, Sep 20 2008, 10:45 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Fuzzy, I think Shelle is definitely a Corday move. Phelle and Shawn/Chloe had chemistry and were getting many fans and he got scared. He's always wanted Shelle. I don't see Higley being behind that at all.

As for Scott's directors, technically it's on Higley since it was her actions that led to Scott being canned but they still left of their own accord.

It's shocking to think Higley has it out for Ali because she wrote Sami wonderfully before and used her alot. I tend to think Ali was already frustrated with the direction Sami had taken under Hogan's regime so, if she did this, she did it to ensure her character was better taken care of. Maybe she saw something she didn't like and decided to act. Who knows but I don't think Higley had an issue with her to begin with. Maybe now she does but Higley was very good to the character of Sami in her first run.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Sep 20 2008, 10:53 PM
^Fuzzy, I think Shelle is definitely a Corday move. Phelle and Shawn/Chloe had chemistry and were getting many fans and he got scared. He's always wanted Shelle. I don't see Higley being behind that at all.
Welcome to the board, Fuzzy!

Tim, I don't understand what you're saying. You're saying that Corday was behind getting rid of Shelle because he's always wanted them as a couple??

Fuzzy

But don't you think it's an awfully big coincidence that the firing happened exactly when Dena took over? And he didn't fire Martha or Jason or even Farah over Shimi. Besides, from what I remember, Toups specifically said that it was a "writing decision." That, to me, at least, says Dena. Not Corday.

I don't remember the details of Higley's first run, but IMHO she's been actively destroying Sami's character practically since she started. Personally, I think it's because she wants EJ for Nicole. Nicole's obviously her pet--she brought her back, and since then she's the only character with anything resembling sympathetic writing. She's got Chloe, who's face she tried to destroy, as her BFF. And she's got Phillip being all sympathetic to Nicole. Now the obvious solution to that is to give Lumi their own storyline. But in Dena's twisted mind, the best way to redeem Nicole is write Sami as unsympathetically as possible, so that Nicole will look better by comparison. A Lumi reunion wouldn't make Sami look bad, and it might make it seem like Nicole was EJ's default since he couldn't have Sami. So Lucas/Chloe was born.

I'm not 100% convinced that Ali's the diva. If she was upset about the character destruction, I can't say I blame her. If she really did re-write scenes to the point of where the show can get in trouble with the WGA, that's a problem. From what I understand, actors are allowed to do more then just shift around dialogue. Tony Geary (Luke Spencer on GH) has stated in interviews that he basically reads the scripts and then ad-libs all of his scenes. And, from what I've heard, he's not the only one. So, the rewrites would have to be pretty extensive for the WGA to get involved, and I'm amazed that she found the time. I did see a difference in the writing around the time Ed Scott and the diva were supposed to be in charge, but that doesn't mean that Ali was the one writing the scripts!
Edited by Fuzzy, Sep 21 2008, 12:39 AM.

Fuzzy

Ellie
Sep 20 2008, 11:42 PM
PhoenixRising05

Tim, I don't understand what you're saying. You're saying that Corday was behind getting rid of Shelle because he's always wanted them as a couple??
Thank you. There's definately a lot of discussion here that would never be allowed at Sony or NBC. It makes it a lot more interesting. :biggrin:

River

Fuzzy
Sep 20 2008, 10:44 PM
Hi! I haven't posted here before, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents. Not that I expect anyone to care, but..

First, if Ali Sweeney is the diva, I want the name of her vitamin supplements! Not two but three full time jobs while pregnant? Not to mention all the publicity work? That woman is superhuman. I mean, I know she didn't have that much airtime on Days, but still.

Second, Higley needs to go. Right now. That woman is powermad. She started off by firing Billie. Then Belle and Shawn (and I don't need anyone to tell me it was her--she comes on and they move from a frontburner storyline to being written off as fast as Higley can type a semi-coherent exit. If it looks like a duck and tastes good with plum sauce...) Then she gets rid of Hogan's entire support staff which was, IMHO, a lot more competant than hers. Then they get rid of Ed Scott for her. And his talented directors. And, now, she has in for Ali Sweeney. The woman apparently gets along with no one. It would be one thing if Ali was the first person she'd clashed with. But she's not.
Excellent post. It seems that since Ms. Higley took the reigns in late January, she has been on one long power trip. Belle and Shawn were young core characters in a lead story, and they were unceremoniously shoved out the door at Ms. Higley's bequest. Next Mr. Sheffer's writing staff was deliberately fired one week before the strike ended, so that Ms. Higley could assemble her own "talent pool". (Whatever one's opinion of Mr. Sheffer's episodes, his dialogue writers were some of the best in the business, so this was unnecessary and very damaging to fragile state of Days.) Then Ms. Higley went directly to the media with her complaints about Mr. Scott's writing adjustments to ensure that he was terminated, and she was successful in that, as well causing several Mr. Scott's hires to walk in protest. Finally, between her "diva" allegations against Ms. Sweeney and her systematic destruction of Sami's character, she has apparently been gunning for Ms. Sweeney for some time. Nothing against Ms. Zucker, but the writing for Nicole is so much stronger, more flattering and sympathetic for her character, than it is for Sami or even Marlena, that the character is fast becoming Days' version of AMC's Babe. I also will second other posters in saying that I don't watch Days for stories about autism or lung cancer, not because I can't relate to these issues, but because I can. Days has been the escapist, romantic soap with stories centered around the Bradys and Hortons for the past quarter century, and for the show to have any chance for survival on NBC or on another network, it needs to get back to that, and to get rid of Ms. Higley, ASAP.
Edited by River, Sep 21 2008, 09:43 AM.

River

Quote:

"Seriously, if you FF 95 percent of the show you can hardly start to care about its characters. I really think thatīs the main reason why all soaps, not only DAYS, are doomed. People arenīt even willing to give a chance to anything new or fresh. If you expect Bope, Stayla and Jarlena to be still leading characters or worse romantic leads of the show you donīt have to bother tune in anymore, because there is no writer in this world who is able to accomplish that. Nobody owns a time turner, not even Sheri Anderson."- jane1978

"I really think some people are automatically picking apart everything, just because Dena Higley is signed under it."-jane1978

Phoenix, in regard to your rather prominent banner, I should make clear that up until a few months ago, I watched 95% of Days without fast-forwarding, which means that I am a front row survivor of Higley 03 and her work in the winter/spring of 08, not to mention her tenure on OLTL. This summer I have often found myself regularly watching the first fifteen minutes and then deleting the rest of the episode., and that is rare for me. I stuck with the excruciatingly silly airplane plot last summer, but at least that was intercut with two stories using Belle and Sami that I enjoyed. I am not permanently stuck in the 80s, but I did consider Mr. Sheffer's biggest mistake to be not involving the vets in the vendetta, or for that matter not using Days veterans very much at all. But for Ms. Higley to enter stage right and make Max, Nicole and Theo's autism the center of the show, when the show is in real danger of cancellation, is counterintuitive. There isn't a story there that is more than mildly interestly, and where have the fan favorites (as opposed to Ms. Higley's) been? Even when Marlena or Sami have shown up, they haven't been written in character. As others have posted, Bo and Hope get occasional theme-based episodes, but they have not gotten a long term story. Steve and Kayla are rarely used at all, and the show's best young actor, Ms. Melvin, was given a romantic interest that did not suit the character or the actors involved. Stefano's return has been botched (despite an excellent opening during the Olympics) by having him live in the same house with John and all the rest. There have been a few good episodes under Ms. Higley, but overall, she has been far inferior to what she replaced, despite her use of popular vets like Mr. Hogestyn. And from the entertainment perspective, she has been unceasingly dull compared to most of James Reilly's work. Her lack of compelling stories, combined with her backstabbing rampage, means that Days would be better off without her.
Edited by River, Sep 21 2008, 09:54 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Sep 20 2008, 11:42 PM
PhoenixRising05

That's actually pretty good logic. They rode off in the sunset together. Shawn pretty quickly forgave Belle for her tryst with Philip. In the imagination, Shawn and Belle are still together, and are alluded to as such in letters and phone calls. Gee, they even took off on a boat. Imagine that?

Even during the Shimi years, JC, in interviews, had hinted to the direction that TPTB wanted, mainly, Shimi as a Shelle obstacle. He and Farah,instead, tried to play it as a Shimi storyline as much as possible. It wasn't old news that JC wasn't too keen on Shelle with MM. I don't think any of them felt it worked. I suspect getting directing gigs wasn't the ONLY reason JC wanted to finally leave. I think he knew that Corday was going to keep pushing Shelle and keep throwing Mimi's character under the bus as a secret holder. Never mind that Belle was coming across as a wishy-washy selfish twit who wanted what she couldn't have.

Jason did want a chance to work with Farah. And, despite what some folks want to believe, Shimi was pretty damn popular, just based on boards, SOD covers, and their appearance at the Emmys together. Oh, yeah, and they did a little stint on E! (I think) about filming love scenes. And, yeah, there was that appearance on Soap Talk, so Shimi was getting SOME attention. In the end, though, there it went.

And, case in point....it didn't take too long at all to fill Shawn's role once JC left, which left a lot of fans unsettled. But, you know, they had to have an actor who could go off on Mimi during the Claire reveal, so Shawn was back within almost a matter of days with a new actor. There were people who liked Willow, too, although, of course, she got thrown under the bus for Shelle.

Just based on board observations (and blogs by SOD journalists), each recasting of Shelle chipped away at the Shelle fandom, but SOMEONE wanted them together. Who is the common denominator PTB during all this time?

With the JKJ/MM attraction and the fact that BrB and NB sparked, I think they were finding out that there were several combinations that would work that Corday DIDN'T want. Remember, Corday had pretty much said years ago that Shawn and Belle were to be either the next generation of supercouples or the next Bo and Hope (something to that effect). Shoot, there were people hoping they'd give Kate and Shawn a try temporarily because they seemed to spark. I also heard rumblings that MM preferred working with JKJ over BrB, but those might just be rumblings, but it makes sense. If she didn't want to work with him, and Corday wanted Shelle, what better way to solve the problem than have them sail off happily ever after?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Fuzzy
Sep 21 2008, 12:34 AM
But don't you think it's an awfully big coincidence that the firing happened exactly when Dena took over? And he didn't fire Martha or Jason or even Farah over Shimi. Besides, from what I remember, Toups specifically said that it was a "writing decision." That, to me, at least, says Dena. Not Corday.

I don't remember the details of Higley's first run, but IMHO she's been actively destroying Sami's character practically since she started. Personally, I think it's because she wants EJ for Nicole. Nicole's obviously her pet--she brought her back, and since then she's the only character with anything resembling sympathetic writing. She's got Chloe, who's face she tried to destroy, as her BFF. And she's got Phillip being all sympathetic to Nicole. Now the obvious solution to that is to give Lumi their own storyline. But in Dena's twisted mind, the best way to redeem Nicole is write Sami as unsympathetically as possible, so that Nicole will look better by comparison. A Lumi reunion wouldn't make Sami look bad, and it might make it seem like Nicole was EJ's default since he couldn't have Sami. So Lucas/Chloe was born.

I'm not 100% convinced that Ali's the diva. If she was upset about the character destruction, I can't say I blame her. If she really did re-write scenes to the point of where the show can get in trouble with the WGA, that's a problem. From what I understand, actors are allowed to do more then just shift around dialogue. Tony Geary (Luke Spencer on GH) has stated in interviews that he basically reads the scripts and then ad-libs all of his scenes. And, from what I've heard, he's not the only one. So, the rewrites would have to be pretty extensive for the WGA to get involved, and I'm amazed that she found the time. I did see a difference in the writing around the time Ed Scott and the diva were supposed to be in charge, but that doesn't mean that Ali was the one writing the scripts!
Welcome to the board!

He didn't have to fire Jason or Farah. Jason left on his own accord, and, like I mentioned in other posts, it wasn't hidden knowledge that Jason really wasn't keen on an MM/JC Shelle. He felt it didn't click like that.
I really trust Toups, but anyone can say it was a "writing decision". That sounds like a statement from a Days mouthpiece. That means squat. But, maybe it was a mutual decision, because what else could they do with Shelle? Again, like I mentioned, every time someone in the couple got recast, it chipped away at the popularity. Farah planned to leave soon after Jason initially, changed her mind, but then it was too late. (Or different variations to that, depending on the source you check).

Sami's character was also getting destroyed by Hogan. It was Hogan, not Higley, that added the glitterification to Sami and took away her snark. It was Hogan that did the whole forced EJ marriage thing.
And personally, I have to give Dena kudos for adding layers to Nicole. All writers have pets......why can't it be Nicole's turn? But, no, Sami was getting destroyed well before Higley took over. With all the changes in the whole EJami relationship, there are a lot of factors contributing to the back and forthness of not only Sami's character, but EJ's as well.

As far as Nicole getting good stuff.......maybe in the hands of a poorer actor, I could get upset. But Ari Zucker is showing that she is up to the task, and more. It's new. It's refreshing. And, as much as I think Dena has screwed up a lot, I have to give her kudos for making Nicole a rooting character for a lot of folks. I have to give Dena kudos for trying it for other characters who had pretty well been the background. That takes some moxie. And, since I tend to root for the underdog, more power to her, as long as she writes them well. That's where the problem might come in.

The other problem is the power struggle backstage. We don't KNOW all the crap that's happened backstage since, well, really since Reilly left. That has got to have something to do with everything. The monkey is put on Dena's back. But, someone had to put the monkey there. I think Dena is a prima dona. I think she's spoiled and a whiner. But I don't think Dena's attitude can exist in a vacuum. Someone has to enable that attitude. Someone is NOT putting a foot down to stop these power struggles. You have got to expect low morale through all this crap.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Fuzzy
Personally, I think it's because she wants EJ for Nicole. Nicole's obviously her pet--she brought her back, and since then she's the only character with anything resembling sympathetic writing.
Correct me if I am wrong...and I am sure someone will...but according to an interview with Ari, she was approached before the Christmas holidays to return to Days and couldn't say anything until after March or something when the papers reported her return to Days.

So I am not sure if Dena brought Ari in. Either Hogan or Ed or Corday did. And I am not sure when they decided to do the EJ/Nicole thing because at first, I thought it was supposed to be Nicole and Phillip...this was while EJ and Sami were knocking boots in May.
Then Lucas returns (was that Higley's decision?) Sami goes insane trying to get him back and tells EJ to buzz off...so he goes into Nicole's orbit and then they have sexavator.

So I am not sure if Nicole is Higley's creation, but I will say that Dena knows how to write her over any other character.

River

Alligato
Sep 21 2008, 09:29 AM
Fuzzy
Personally, I think it's because she wants EJ for Nicole. Nicole's obviously her pet--she brought her back, and since then she's the only character with anything resembling sympathetic writing.
Correct me if I am wrong...and I am sure someone will...but according to an interview with Ari, she was approached before the Christmas holidays to return to Days and couldn't say anything until after March or something when the papers reported her return to Days.

So I am not sure if Dena brought Ari in. Either Hogan or Ed or Corday did. And I am not sure when they decided to do the EJ/Nicole thing because at first, I thought it was supposed to be Nicole and Phillip...this was while EJ and Sami were knocking boots in May.
Then Lucas returns (was that Higley's decision?) Sami goes insane trying to get him back and tells EJ to buzz off...so he goes into Nicole's orbit and then they have sexavator.

So I am not sure if Nicole is Higley's creation, but I will say that Dena knows how to write her over any other character.
I believe that Ms. Higley was hired to officially be Mr. Sheffer's coheadwriter last October. Mr. Sheffer and his staff went on strike a few weeks later. During the strike, the unofficial headwriters were the Higleys, so any cast additions made before the Christmas holiday would have been at Ms. Higley's bequest.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 21 2008, 09:29 AM
Fuzzy

If I had to guess who Dena likes to write for my guess like everyone else would be Nicole! I think Nicole is really the only character that Dena has written well. It seems to me that the characters that Dena does not like are Sami and Marlena they are the characters she has written the worst.

There are no emmy moments for any of these actors that I can think of since Dena has written them ... can anyone think of any standout scenes that are emmy worthy?????

The only scene since Dena has been the HW was the scene between Sami and EJ and their talk about Dec 29th! James knocked that scene out of the park IMO.
Edited by cjknick, Sep 21 2008, 09:57 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply