Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumor: Ali Sweeney to be FIRED from DOOL?
Topic Started: Sep 16 2008, 12:15 PM (20,212 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I will say this -

If some of you even knew some real juicy stuff about your faves, your freaking hearts will be crushed!

I for one know more to this story and I might say my part... But for now, I'm going to continue to keep my mouth shut.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Sep 16 2008, 02:46 PM
I will say this -

If some of you even knew some real juicy stuff about your faves, your freaking hearts will be crushed!

I for one know more to this story and I might say my part... But for now, I'm going to continue to keep my mouth shut.
ITA with you! Sometimes when you find out stuff that isn't flattering - your faves fall off their pedistals a wee bit and then you wish you didn't know.

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

Atleast this board makes work alot more interesting :biggrin:
Edited by MaterialGurl, Sep 16 2008, 03:00 PM.

Hypnotoad

Edited by Hypnotoad, Apr 10 2010, 05:07 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
I will say this -

I'm with him.

Just remember, where there is smoke, there is fire.

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ I don't know; Rakesh seems to think otherwise. And I trust him.
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Rakesh198
I will say this -

I doubt my heart would get crushed, lol. I'm a sports fan first and I've long since come to terms with the fact that most of the guys I love to watch on the court and on the field have personal lives that would probably horrify me. I enjoy watching them in their profession, have some mild interest in locker-room cancer stories, but overall I accept the likelihood that no celebrity deserves to get put up on a pedestal. Except David Robinson--if I ever find out he's not perfect like I think he is, I'll be devastated. But he's the only one I feel that way about.

There's obviously backstage turmoil at "Days." I'm not saying BD doesn't shoot his mouth off sometimes--like I said before, I don't even like him--or that he and other actors don't say things they shouldn't now and then. I just am skeptical that AS is in any real danger of being fired.

Days4Life

DR a hatefest? I don't think so. For every person who dislikes a particular actor or character, there's another who loves them. And for the most part everyone is very civil and intelligent enough to separate the actor from the character and real life from the soap world. Also, I don't believe it's illegal to fire a pregnant woman--unless you are firing her BECAUSE she is pregnant. You can't fire her while she's on leave and have to have a job waiting for her when she returns so, unless someone is afraid of a lawsuit, it would probably be easier to fire an actress before she goes on maternity leave. However, I'm not a lawyer; maybe someone here is and would have better information.

I find it hard to believe BD would be so stupid as to run his mouth like that at a fan event. However, some of what is reported does sound believable, like the statements about HS hating Lucas and ridiculing the idea of making him a Dimera. BD has mentioned before that he would like Lucas to be a Dimera, and I always laugh at the thought myself! The dynamic between Lucas and Sami has also changed; their scenes together have been "off" for a long time.

I hope this rumor isn't true, because I love AS and love Sami. I don't care that neither is perfect; I don't expect them to be. And while Sami has been a mess the last couple years and way overexposed on the show, she's starting to get back to her roots and the decreased air time is making me appreciate her more. I think she's still a favorite of many fans and there would be a huge outcry if she was fired. Really, I can't imagine that Corday would do this...but there's the Higley factor and she does seem to get what she wants so....who knows?

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Well Damn!

Days is a soap within a soap.

I haven't been keeping up with Days, but her character has been written as shit for the birds for a few years now. Also, Her love interests were given to others.

I suspected she was the diva.

pnelsen

I'm sure they are not firing A.S. She may be taking time off to have her baby and Corday is using this for publicity........just like he did with Drake Hogsten.Pretend to fire them and then hire back because of fan mail. I don't believe Drake was ever fired.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

someone a few pages ago made an excellent point...if all this is true, then it doesn't make much sense. sami is being written as a complete friggin' psycho lately. i would hope AS wouldnt be on board with that.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Sep 16 2008, 03:12 PM
someone a few pages ago made an excellent point...if all this is true, then it doesn't make much sense. sami is being written as a complete friggin' psycho lately. i would hope AS wouldnt be on board with that.
Don't forget the WGA stepped in. ;)

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

LOL, that blog sounds like nothing more than a load of bullshit from a bitter Ejami fan.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 16 2008, 03:20 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

pnelsen
Sep 16 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm sure they are not firing A.S. She may be taking time off to have her baby and Corday is using this for publicity........just like he did with Drake Hogsten.Pretend to fire them and then hire back because of fan mail. I don't believe Drake was ever fired.
I wish Corday would stop playing press games like that. How stupid does he think we are?

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

pnelsen
Sep 16 2008, 03:10 PM
I don't buy that he was ever truly fired either. If they do "fire" AS, I see it being just another publicity stunt like they did with Drake.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

The person writing that blog is without a doubt a retard.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I believed the opposite about Hogestyn and Mascolo too - that they were indeed fired and Corday panicked and gave in to the fan pressure like always... and like he did during the SSK story. Of course that would not explain why he has yet to bring back Shawn and Belle....

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

LOL, when did DR become a hatefest?

Rake, do you have any good dish on some other soaps?

FanODays

King
Sep 16 2008, 01:00 PM
The only way this would be true is if the WGA is mandating it like they did with Ed Scott.

No way Corday would cut her.

She will be out though b/c of her maternity leave so, who knows.
I don't know if that is true anymore. I would not be surprised that if Higley wanted Sweeney gone, that she'd be gone. The only catch is that they cannot make it seem like they are doing it because she is pregnant which would set them up for a lawsuit.

The writing for Sami has definately changed and like I said, with Nicole being pregnant, most likely with EJ's child they are pushing Sami out. Sami used to be a character that so many loved to hate but lately its more in the hate column than anything.

I think BD's comments about Lumi/EJami/AS are wrong. I fall into the catagory of if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything. It reminds me of when another actor said similar things and it was offputting and immature rather than 'refreshing'.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Come on, Rake! If you know something, you gotta spill it to your fans at DR.
Is this blogger real or not?

I thought there were so many big fans of BD after the Burlington thing...in fact, I thought lots of EJami fans found him gracious and awesome and became a fan of BD...now it seems like they are changing their tune (generalizing here). Do they think he was playing them? What changed?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply