Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Kate spoiler from SOD
Topic Started: Sep 17 2008, 01:34 PM (2,903 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kate is diagnosed with lung cancer.

Second Chances
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Wow! Thanks for posting! :)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I bet they are killing her off.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

Oh wow. That's serious. I wasn't expecting it to be anything like that.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ouch. This could be Lauren Koslow's exit story, for sure.

Honestly, I feel like this is, yet another story, just coming out of nowhere. What has given us the impression that Kate was even subjected to lung cancer. She doesn't smoke. We don't see her around anyone that smokes. Yes, I know you can lung cancer in other ways, but still. Nothing. This seems completely out of left field, but so did Theo's autism storyline.

Pearly
Member Avatar

And there's your fired vet right there....DAMN!

Thanks, Angie

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 17 2008, 01:48 PM
I bet they are killing her off.
Well, I hope you're not betting money, children, small animals, lucky underwear, heath, etc, cause they're not. *knocks on wood*

Now excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor because Kate's getting a story.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Sep 17 2008, 02:02 PM
Honestly, I feel like this is, yet another story, just coming out of nowhere. What has given us the impression that Kate was even subjected to lung cancer. She doesn't smoke. We don't see her around anyone that smokes. Yes, I know you can lung cancer in other ways, but still. Nothing. This seems completely out of left field, but so did Theo's autism storyline.
Exactly. Dena fits the characters to the stories, and not the other way around.

zyona

DrewHamilton
Sep 17 2008, 02:02 PM
Ouch. This could be Lauren Koslow's exit story, for sure.

I don't think they are killing her, i think she will have more story coming out. I think the vet may be grandma Caroline. I hope they are not thinking about putting kate with daniel, because it will be really gross.

Days4Life

I hate to say this, but I think this is Kate's exit. We've had too many disease/illness stories lately for them to throw in another one just for kicks. So LK is quite likely the fired vet.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

It doesn't bother me that Kate isn't a smoker. I only recently learned that quite a few women get lung cancer even if they never smoke or are around smokers, which scared me because I fit that profile. Maybe they think it's a way to get that information out there. Granted, it will likely be as ham-handed as the green stuff in terms of being a PSA, but I have no problem with this being the disease they select. I kind of prefer a good old recognizable disease for a soap storyline, with no known cure, although probably Dr. Dan will come up with something.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Days4Life
Sep 17 2008, 02:11 PM
I hate to say this, but I think this is Kate's exit. We've had too many disease/illness stories lately for them to throw in another one just for kicks. So LK is quite likely the fired vet.
My thoughts exactly. Bo had some serious illness and made it, Chelsea was his donor and made it, Kate had a stomach problem and had surgery recently and that turned out fine too. Plus the whole thing with John not actually dying. I really hope they are not going to have Kate die, but I think they are.

Days4Life

We also had Victor's stroke, from which he quickly recovered.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

^^Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Ellie

Paxton
Sep 17 2008, 02:15 PM
It doesn't bother me that Kate isn't a smoker. I only recently learned that quite a few women get lung cancer even if they never smoke or are around smokers, which scared me because I fit that profile. Maybe they think it's a way to get that information out there. Granted, it will likely be as ham-handed as the green stuff in terms of being a PSA, but I have no problem with this being the disease they select. I kind of prefer a good old recognizable disease for a soap storyline, with no known cure, although probably Dr. Dan will come up with something.
I understand what you're saying, and I know that these diseases don't discriminate. If Days even does PSA-type stuff with this, I'll be impressed. But with Higley's history, my feeling is that she'll ignore the 'education' issue here entirely. When Days does PSA stories, we know about it. The stars give interviews about going green. People wear green t-shirts to the gym. Autism experts give interviews to the media and collaborate with the writers. Perhaps they'll go that route here, but I don't think they will. Which leaves us with the fact that, if Days doesn't make the point to educate viewers about cancer, it'll just be another random Dena storyline without buildup beforehand or fallout afterwards.
Edited by Ellie, Sep 17 2008, 02:36 PM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

I do not want to see Lauren/Kate go but Dena is writing.....I don't want Kate to have a shitty s/l dealing with this disease. If Dena's writing, then I'd rather Kate just die. Sorry, but I'm just being honest.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 17 2008, 02:28 PM
I understand what you're saying, and I know that these diseases don't discriminate. If Days even does PSA-type stuff with this, I'll be impressed. But with Higley's history, my feeling is that she'll ignore the 'education' issue here entirely. When Days does PSA stories, we know about it. The stars give interviews about going green. People wear green t-shirts to the gym. Autism experts give interviews to the media and collaborate with the writers. Perhaps they'll go that route here, but I don't think they will. Which leaves us with the fact that, if Days doesn't make the point to educate viewers about cancer, it'll just be another random Dena storyline without buildup beforehand or fallout afterwards.
:hail:
In other words, just another fucking event..... :eyeroll:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 17 2008, 02:34 PM.

finelildiva05

Wow well I am sure Lauren is going to give a wonderful performance with this storyline. I am sure though she is not the vet leaving. It said a "beloved", I love Lauren but she is not that beloved like maybe Caroline is.

Ellie

Pearly
Sep 17 2008, 02:33 PM
Ellie
Sep 17 2008, 02:28 PM
:hail:
In other words, just another fucking event..... :eyeroll:
Thanks Pearly. You got it!

(ps - love the avatar!)

Pearly
Member Avatar

finelildiva05
Sep 17 2008, 02:37 PM
Wow well I am sure Lauren is going to give a wonderful performance with this storyline. I am sure though she is not the vet leaving. It said a "beloved", I love Lauren but she is not that beloved like maybe Caroline is.
"Beloved" can mean different things to different people. You say TomaTO, I say ToMAto...LK/Kate has ALOT of fans, dare I say more than PM/Caroline.

Besides, who really knows WHO the vet will be....I just don't see Caroline going anywhere IMO, except jail for one night.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply