Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:BIG Sami spoiler; from CDN TV Guide
Topic Started: Sep 17 2008, 06:34 PM (7,895 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

^especially when he had sex with them two months apart, but they are finding out that they are pregnant at the same time??

Especially as we just had one woman impregnanted by two guys...now we have two women impregnated by one guy. Lots of ew all around!

THe more I think about it, the more I am not looking forward to this. Pregnancy isn't the end all, be all result of sex...and its a shame they don't talk more about birth control on that show. And I hope abortion isn't brought up again...I don't like to think about that. Sometimes Days gets to real life for their own good.
Edited by Alligato, Sep 19 2008, 07:03 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

I'm not sure if Days would consider abortion after the Mimi story was bashed(and rightfully so!). Heather Tom even called them out on it in SOD once, I think. And quite frankly, it was well deserved. What could have been an emotional story quickly turned into Mimi trying to keep it from Rex for months and months, stupidly, with Jan on her tail blackmailing her about it constantly. Not to mention that while I love Eric Winter and Heather Lindell, the main actress of the story, Farah, I wasn't really that big a fan of at the time, in fact any love for her I had died down during that story.

So yeah, after the terror that was Mimi's abortion, I don't know if I'd want to see anyone try to tackle abortion again on Days.

Jonatha

daysfan
Sep 19 2008, 08:21 AM
I'm not sure if Days would consider abortion after the Mimi story was bashed(and rightfully so!). Heather Tom even called them out on it in SOD once, I think. And quite frankly, it was well deserved. What could have been an emotional story quickly turned into Mimi trying to keep it from Rex for months and months, stupidly, with Jan on her tail blackmailing her about it constantly. Not to mention that while I love Eric Winter and Heather Lindell, the main actress of the story, Farah, I wasn't really that big a fan of at the time, in fact any love for her I had died down during that story.

So yeah, after the terror that was Mimi's abortion, I don't know if I'd want to see anyone try to tackle abortion again on Days.
Maybe Nicole won't carry the baby to term. But remember the recent casting breakdowns for a 5'8 - 5'11 woman who is 5 months pregnant -- that's got to be Nicole. I think there was another call for another pregnant woman about 5 months along, Sami maybe? So at least from those casting calls, it's happening, folks!

spring

I would really hate to see them put forth the idea of using abortion as the only form of birth control the show uses. That is totally tacky and puts forth a really bad idea!
Kill a child to further or kill a storyline?? It would be "lights out" for the show.

If they go the route of having Sami pregnant too, from all the sites I have been reading, this will just push the character of Sami into a down hill slide....and there isn't much "hill" left. I don't think they could pull the show out of another big mistake like that.
I think they are trying to turn the characters back to "themselves" or what they should have been, all along. Then writing s/l's that make some sense to pull the viewers back. They are going to have to hurry, and use some intelligent writing to do it.
Sami being pregnant too, is just more, Ewwww!
They need to mature Sami more, right now she just doesn't fit into the older cast, nor into the younger cast....and why--at the character's age--should she still be throwing tantrums...
I love Ali, and I used too Sami....but the last few years, it's getting harder and harder to actually "care" about her....she just too childish and wishy-washy. They have just thrown her under the train too many times.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

ugh, i hope they completely stay away from an abortion storyline. not all women that watch soaps are pro-life, but that is the stance they always seem to take, to the point that they demonize women who have abortions(like mimi) and then force them to suffer because they had an abortion(her infertility). for me, that s/l cruel and insulting, so they need to stay away from the topic completely, IMO.

six
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Sep 19 2008, 08:35 AM
daysfan
Sep 19 2008, 08:21 AM

Maybe Nicole won't carry the baby to term. But remember the recent casting breakdowns for a 5'8 - 5'11 woman who is 5 months pregnant -- that's got to be Nicole. I think there was another call for another pregnant woman about 5 months along, Sami maybe? So at least from those casting calls, it's happening, folks!
The one that's probably Nicole called for someone 3 or 4 months along. I don't think the 5 months along one would be Sami because it said all ethnicities were welcome while the first one was only for a Caucasian.

I do find it hard to believe that Nicole would immediately decide to raise the baby. That would be out of character imo. I guess it depends on how it's handled.

cjknick
Member Avatar

If Dena writes this two pregnancy s/l correctly it could be a golden storyline ... we could see it all. It could be heavy with Drama, It could be funny at times and if there is something wrong with either of the two babies we could see some Emmy moments ... plus Sami and Nicole will drive EJ "nuts" that could be fun to watch!

six
Member Avatar

I don't have high hopes for it. The storylines often start out promising, then fall apart in the middle.

Ellie

cjknick
Sep 19 2008, 10:06 AM
If Dena writes this two pregnancy s/l correctly it could be a golden storyline ... we could see it all. It could be heavy with Drama, It could be funny at times and if there is something wrong with either of the two babies we could see some Emmy moments ... plus Sami and Nicole will drive EJ "nuts" that could be fun to watch!
Dena had that exact opportunity with Steve and Kayla's baby storyline, and she blew it. It was heavy with drama for about two shows.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Ya know, coming from this perspective........................I could warm up to the idea! I LOVE the "frenemy" chemistry Ali and Ari have.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Sep 19 2008, 10:45 AM
cjknick
Dena had that exact opportunity with Steve and Kayla's baby storyline, and she blew it. It was heavy with drama for about two shows.
Yes, but there is another co-writer at the helm now. Not saying you're not right, but by George, some of us can hope!!

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

I am glad that Sami's pregnancy has finally been acknowledged !!!But Nicole pregnant as well ???What was the purpose of that story line ??? I imagine Dena H has written in the never ending series of obstructions to post pone an Ejami reconciliation? Why ???Sami has had her moments .. But Nicole is hardly a worthwhile substitute .Put Misty out of the Ejami circle now .Give the fans what they have been hoping for 2 years now!! I just hope that Ejami does not wind up being the BIGGEST LOSER in the end ( no pun intended.)
Edited by vinnmerc, Sep 20 2008, 02:06 PM.

Nicole Walker

I'd rather see Nicole preggers than Sami.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Nicole Dimera
Sep 20 2008, 09:31 PM
I'd rather see Nicole preggers than Sami.
Same here.

We were just down that road with Sami and this honestly serves very little purpose unless you go with another baby switch story or something. At least with Nicole it adds to her romance with EJ or further develops the character.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'd rather see NO ONE pregnant. This show doesn't need anymore kids for at least a few more years.

Nicole Walker

Quote:

were just down that road with Sami and this honestly serves very little purpose unless you go with another baby switch story or something. At least with Nicole it adds to her romance with EJ or further develops the character.

That's what i'm looking forward too. Not only is this a challenge for Nicole but it would also be one for Ari as well. IF written correctly this could be a good story for Nicole. I love Ejole but I'm looking forward to how Nicole will handle this new chapter in her life. It's time for her to experience the joys of the life instead of always being miserable. Give the girl a break.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

vinnmerc
Sep 20 2008, 12:45 PM
I am glad that Sami's pregnancy has finally been acknowledged !!!But Nicole pregnant as well ???What was the purpose of that story line ??? I imagine Dena H has written in the never ending series of obstructions to post pone an Ejami reconciliation? Why ???Sami has had her moments .. But Nicole is hardly a worthwhile substitute .Put Misty out of the Ejami circle now .Give the fans what they have been hoping for 2 years now!! I just hope that Ejami does not wind up being the BIGGEST LOSER in the end ( no pun intended.)
Here we go again with "Give THE fans"......I'm a fan, and I certainly don't want EJami.

naley12
Member Avatar

OKAY ENOUGH BABIES!!!
but I agree sami being pregnant is a bore. what i do not get is why does sami have kids like all the time gessh! now nicole being pregnant is wow! she must stop drinking now that is a story all on its own! :lol:
that EJ and his super sperm...

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I just hope this baby isn't born...Sami can have a miscarriage and leave Salem depressed, which can start Ali's maternity leave...Sami doesn't need four kids...When we barely see her twins and Will isn't even on the show..

As for making a pregnant woman play a miscarriage..Ali's most likely the one that wanted her character to be pregnant in the first place and must realize that Sami doesn't need another child..So she can deal with it..

cjknick
Member Avatar

The best story (IMO) is not a Walker/Dimera union - it is the lovestory of a Brady/Dimera! A Walker/Dimera baby, while this baby would be totally beautiful given who him/her parents are, cannot provide the same stories that a baby who parents are Brady/Dimera. Marlena is the grandmother, Stefano the grandfather .... the legacy aspect of children whose parents are Sami and EJ is immense. Plus we can't ignore the Santo/Colleen aspect of EJ and Sami's history... John is looking into the faces of his parents essentially... The story is EJ and Sami's to tell and Nicole, Lucas and whoever comes into the picture are just merely players providing angst creating drama in this developing lovestory....

I love babies - the more the merrier.... I hope both babies are born and their stories are told ... it shows that Days is looking to a whole new generation's stories to be told years down the road...

I don't want these babies to be plot devices - For example I don't want Nicole to lose her baby only to fake her pregnancy after losing her baby and then try to pass of Sami's baby as her - stuff like that, it's been done ... Build these characters thru these children lets see how Sami handles all these babies, lets see if Nicole cares for her baby like she cares for pookie ... There could be so much material, so much drama and even some comedy.
Edited by cjknick, Sep 21 2008, 01:27 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply