Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:BIG Sami spoiler; from CDN TV Guide
Topic Started: Sep 17 2008, 06:34 PM (7,824 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

cjknick
Sep 21 2008, 01:19 PM
The best story (IMO) is not a Walker/Dimera union - it is the lovestory of a Brady/Dimera! A Walker/Dimera baby, while this baby would be totally beautiful given who him/her parents are, cannot provide the same stories that a baby who parents are Brady/Dimera. Marlena is the grandmother, Stefano the grandfather .... the legacy aspect of children whose parents are Sami and EJ is immense. Plus we can't ignore the Santo/Colleen aspect of EJ and Sami's history... John is looking into the faces of his parents essentially... The story is EJ and Sami's to tell and Nicole, Lucas and whoever comes into the picture are just merely players providing angst creating drama in this developing lovestory....

I love babies - the more the merrier.... I hope both babies are born and their stories are told ... it shows that Days is looking to a whole new generation's stories to be told years down the road...
True, but we already have a Brady/Dimera baby that was born less than a year ago..Its just total over kill to have Sami be pregnant again..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Sep 21 2008, 01:24 PM
cjknick
The best story (IMO) is not a Walker/Dimera union - it is the lovestory of a Brady/Dimera! A Walker/Dimera baby, while this baby would be totally beautiful given who him/her parents are, cannot provide the same stories that a baby who parents are Brady/Dimera. Marlena is the grandmother, Stefano the grandfather .... the legacy aspect of children whose parents are Sami and EJ is immense. Plus we can't ignore the Santo/Colleen aspect of EJ and Sami's history... John is looking into the faces of his parents essentially... The story is EJ and Sami's to tell and Nicole, Lucas and whoever comes into the picture are just merely players providing angst creating drama in this developing lovestory....

I love babies - the more the merrier.... I hope both babies are born and their stories are told ... it shows that Days is looking to a whole new generation's stories to be told years down the road...
True, but we already have a Brady/Dimera baby that was born less than a year ago..Its just total over kill to have Sami be pregnant again..
It doesn't have to be over kill - it could give us a good story! There are alot of mother's who could relate to have 3 children under the age of 5! I myself had babies a year and three days apart...

I think the word "family" defines EJ. It appears that being a father is what EJ is all about - I think when you think of EJ the first thing that will come to mind is that he is a wonderful father beyond anything else .....
Edited by cjknick, Sep 21 2008, 01:33 PM.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I'd rather Allie be revealed to be EJ's daughter than for Sami to be pregnant again so soon but if EJ and Sami get to enjoy the pregnancy together as a couple then I am not going to complain because I'm an EJami fan! Maybe that would get me to tune in again is EJ and Sami actually in scenes together??? Just a thought.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Sep 21 2008, 01:30 PM
Kevc1980
Sep 21 2008, 01:24 PM
cjknick

It doesn't have to be over kill - it could give us a good story! There are alot of mother's who could relate to have 3 children under the age of 5! I myself had babies a year and three days apart...
There would just be more rewriting. Right now, based on the way Friday was written, he wants to be with Nicole but feels an obligation to Sami. What, are we going to have EJ as wishy-washy and flightly as Sami, Belle, and Carrie were about the person they wanted to be with?
They had their chance at the "Brady/DiMera" legacy child story, and they blew it.
And, yes, we can ignore the Santo/Colleen aspect because it was a plot device to hammer over our heads the supposed "meant to be" stuff.
And, Days isn't going to have another generation. It doesn't have the luxury of that time.
If Dena can write Sami as being a mother of four and do it properly, more power to her. I haven't seen that aspect of Dena's writing for Sami just yet. Sami's been slowly destroyed since Sheffer.

cjknick
Member Avatar

ElvisDiMera
Sep 21 2008, 01:32 PM
I'd rather Allie be revealed to be EJ's daughter than for Sami to be pregnant again so soon but if EJ and Sami get to enjoy the pregnancy together as a couple then I am not going to complain because I'm an EJami fan! Maybe that would get me to tune in again is EJ and Sami actually in scenes together??? Just a thought.
I used to really want Allie to be EJ's biological daughter - but it is clear to anyone who has watched EJ scenes with Allie - that she is his daughter and it has nothing to do with biology. They have this father daughter relationship based on love not biology! EJ loves her as if she were his own it does not matter to him that she does not have his DNA. The fact that he was on her side on this custody fight and did not side with Sami when Lucas came to get her for their time showed me that EJ loved Allie enough to let her get to know her real father ... EJ written like this got high marks!
Edited by cjknick, Sep 21 2008, 01:40 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

cj - i agree that the Dimera/Brady storyline has much more meat to it than a Dimera/Walker storyline (I think of the family gatherings, holidays, etc.), but Days has just blown it.

It was clear from Friday that EJ isn't playing Nicole or using her, he is truly interested in her and dating her and getting to know it. It was like Sami wasn't even an after thought. From Friday's scene, it was like EJ didn't even care about Sami.
So what is going on here?

I always got the impression for Dena in her blogs that she was interested in telling a great love story for EJ/Sami, but recently even not counting sexavator, she has totally gone off track and switched it on us.
I think she is either angry at Ali for rewriting her stuff (if that really happened) and has changed her mind about writing a love story for her...OR Ali has requested time off for BL or maternity that totally hinders writing a good love story and it will pick up after maternity leave.
I guess we will see.

As far as Sami being pregnant, I really hate it. I wanted a love story, not I-feel-obligated-to-love-you-now-that-I-am-carrying-your-kid-after-I-willingly-made-love-to-you story. The new baby could come later.

As far as Nicole being pregnant, I would love to see the character development and how she will handle it all, but EJ needs to make up his mind. He can't play a pregnant woman. And we know that EJ won't abandon his children, so now we will forever have a Sami vs. Nicole baby pull.

I just don't look forward to this story at all, especially if they have EJ going back and forth having "feelings" for both women.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Sep 21 2008, 01:13 PM
I just hope this baby isn't born...Sami can have a miscarriage and leave Salem depressed, which can start Ali's maternity leave...Sami doesn't need four kids...When we barely see her twins and Will isn't even on the show..

As for making a pregnant woman play a miscarriage..Ali's most likely the one that wanted her character to be pregnant in the first place and must realize that Sami doesn't need another child..So she can deal with it..
Good theory. I didn't even think of that, but that's a great way to have Sami go off-screen so Alison can do her maternity leave. And I can't wait to experience a Sami-free DAYS for a bit.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

They played out the DiMera/Brady dynamic with a baby last year ad nauseam, my goodness, they even centered the whole history of the DiMeras and the Bradys around EJ and Sami through the form of Santeen. Everything last year was DiMera/Brady this, DiMera/Brady that. Everything connected right back to Sami and EJ. I'm frankly pretty exhausted by anything relating to the rivalry between those two families. EJ and Sami have one kid which can be used as a plot device to create drama between Stefano and Roman or whomever down the line, I'm not up for another round of 2007-early 2008.
Even as an individual character, there's nothing fresh and different about Sami having a fourth child. She's already gone through teen pregnancy, she's passed off a child as another man's, she's been through more than one custody battle, she's done WTD, she's had Stefano threaten her safety, hell, she's even produced twins with two different fathers! Her pregnancy adds nothing new the canvas. At least with Nicole, there are many more places to explore since this is her first one. I'd also like to see her alcoholism play into her pregnancy, maybe deal with the issue of fetal alcohol syndrome. This is a completely new dynamic for a character like Nicole whereas it's the same repetitive crap for Sami.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

DolceDiMera
Sep 21 2008, 04:53 PM
They played out the DiMera/Brady dynamic with a baby last year ad nauseam, my goodness, they even centered the whole history of the DiMeras and the Bradys around EJ and Sami through the form of Santeen. Everything last year was DiMera/Brady this, DiMera/Brady that. Everything connected right back to Sami and EJ. I'm frankly pretty exhausted by anything relating to the rivalry between those two families. EJ and Sami have one kid which can be used as a plot device to create drama between Stefano and Roman or whomever down the line, I'm not up for another round of 2007-early 2008.
Even as an individual character, there's nothing fresh and different about Sami having a fourth child. She's already gone through teen pregnancy, she's passed off a child as another man's, she's been through more than one custody battle, she's done WTD, she's had Stefano threaten her safety, hell, she's even produced twins with two different fathers! Her pregnancy adds nothing new the canvas. At least with Nicole, there are many more places to explore since this is her first one. I'd also like to see her alcoholism play into her pregnancy, maybe deal with the issue of fetal alcohol syndrome. This is a completely new dynamic for a character like Nicole whereas it's the same repetitive crap for Sami.
I couldn't agree more, particularly with your comments about how there's nothing new and different to explore with yet another Sami pregnancy. Like you say, there's already a DiMera-Brady child, unless there's more paternity retconning coming up. Although I would love for there never to have an EJami baby, I'm not in favor of retconning either.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Sep 21 2008, 05:17 PM
DolceDiMera
I couldn't agree more, particularly with your comments about how there's nothing new and different to explore with yet another Sami pregnancy. Like you say, there's already a DiMera-Brady child, unless there's more paternity retconning coming up. Although I would love for there never to have an EJami baby, I'm not in favor of retconning either.
All in favor of going on with something new for Sami that doesn't involve Lucas or EJ say I.....
(My one lone little hand going up in the air shyly but defiantly?/??)

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Sep 21 2008, 05:40 PM
Paxton
Sep 21 2008, 05:17 PM
DolceDiMera
All in favor of going on with something new for Sami that doesn't involve Lucas or EJ say I.....
(My one lone little hand going up in the air shyly but defiantly?/??)
If you added Nicole to that list, I'd raise my hand. I like her separate, but not with EJ (not because I like Ejami, but because I really do not like Ej and Nicole as a romantic couple). I would welcome a break from all this for a while, but I wouldn't want to rule all these out a year or two down the road.

I'm at the point where I'm just gonna wait to see what they do.

I've seen a lot of different ideas about what may happen, including one about John marrying Nicole to help Sami get Ej which was intriguing, but implausible since John is still married to Marlena, and another about Stefano growing a little army, lol. It just seems odd to me to have two women pregnant at the same time. I'm curious as to what they plan. Perhaps they just plan to have them both drive Ej crazy with prenatal hormones, but maybe something totally different that no one has even thought of. Maybe Nicole and Sami would become best buds as prego pals!

I'm trying to stay optimistic with the writing change for now.

Nicole Walker

John marrying Nicole! Now that is a must see! I would roll for days on that one! LOL. Sami would die! I know it's a theory but it's a funny one. I also read that Bry and Ari are doing a lot of scenes together which makes me wonder if Lucas and Nicole will hook up or will Lucas become Nicole's friend during her pregnancy or will Lucas pretend to be the father of Nicole's baby. Who knows?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply