Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC SID: AMC & GH Casting News
Topic Started: Sep 17 2008, 07:20 PM (454 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

AMC: Eden Riegel is returning to AMC, this time for a long term stint. "I'm so sick of sunshine, I can't tell you." she says laughing. "The sun is beating down and it's so gorgeous, and I can't stand it. I'm a New Yorker through and through. I need gray days, and I need weather.!"

Weather, Riegel shall receive when she, husband Andrew Miller and their dog make the cross-country move to the Big Apple this fall. You read right: They're here for a while. This is no-three-episode, blink-and you-miss Binks guest spot. "I'm on contract." she says happily. "I'm not just stopping in."

Woman on a Mission

Ironically, two of Riegel's post-AMC-centures - the Internet series Imaginary Bitches five million views and counting) and Cooking to Get Lucky - are to thank for her return to Pine Valley. Spreading word about the shows put the actress back into contact with her fans, who were miffed that she's only appeared on AMC a few times since leaving the show in 2005. "So I was like, "I'm taking this into my own hands," says Riegel, who called the show and emphatically alerted the higher-ups to her availability. "They sort of put their thinking caps on and they came up with something really great."

It's Sonny's Son!

Although the show has yet to confirm, we hear that Emmy winner Tom Pelphrey (ex-Jonathan, Guiding Light) is thisclose to signing on to play Sonny and Olivia's secret son without so much as a screen test. No doubt, the mobster's portrayer is thrilled, as he was a fan of Pelphrey's long before the possibility of having him portray his ever arose. "He's really great - very natural and believable," Maurice Benard marveled to us in 2006 when discussing other daytimers he admires. "He's such an honest actor."

Burton: "Sometimes I Just Need a Break!"

"My contract is not up for a while. Next summer." reveals Burton, adding that quitting the soap he's called home since 1990 has often crossed his mind. "Obviously, I love it here. I wouldn't be here so long if I didn't. But it's there in my head that I need to take a long break."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dashwood
Member Avatar

Thanks for the info!

Quote:

It's Sonny's Son!

Although the show has yet to confirm, we hear that Emmy winner Tom Pelphrey (ex-Jonathan, Guiding Light) is thisclose to signing on to play Sonny and Olivia's secret son without so much as a screen test. ...
What? No "insider" this time? "We hear" is pretty lame. Looks like another Vannessa Marcil. She always in "talks" or "close" to coming back to GH but never does.

I know actors need to work but I really hope that Tom Pelphrey doesn't go to GH. This guy has so much talent. Why waste it on a Frons/Guza show?! They will destroy him, like they did so many other talented actors. Rick Hearst is a perfect example.

Edited by Dashwood, Sep 17 2008, 07:48 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Isn't Sonny the father of half the children on GH? LOL.

FanODays

Hmmm, now this is the role they should have had Cook play if they wanted to revist Shelle because Maxie is the only female near the age group of Pelphry plus Cook stammers when he can't remember his lines just like MB. Then again, just typing the words 'Cook' and 'Pelphry' in the same post should be illegal because what they do is hardly the same thing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply