Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Kate's diagnosis
Topic Started: Sep 18 2008, 08:02 AM (1,429 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Daniel takes a look at Kate's chest x-ray this week and delivers some bad news - he thinks she has lung cancer. "I saw scripts and I'm coughing and I'm thinking, 'What's going on there?'" says Lauren Koslow (Kate). "I didn't know anything about it whatsoever and I don't read ahead in the storylines, so I'm in the dark as much as everyone else. Lauren is finding out along with Kate, which makes it very interesting."

Kate's reaction? "She's a pretty tough customer and that's her initial way of dealing with it," previews Koslow. "'What ever it is, I need to get back to work.' And that's what she does. When it just has to do with her, she doesn't deal well. She's definitely a survivor; she's tenacious in everything that she does, but this is quite possibly a very, very serious illness and it just turns your life upside down and she may have to confront things in her life she hasn't confronted before."

Will Daniel be by her side? "There's a possibility. She's trying to distance herself from him and here we go with this episode that's going to get her even more deeply involved."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Higley's diagnosis: HACK.

Thanks for posting, Jonatha! LoL

Pearly
Member Avatar

^^ :lol:

Thanks Jonny!
Edited by Pearly, Sep 18 2008, 08:17 AM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Actually I'm excited about this. I have wanted LK to have a storyline and was so disappointed last time she was in the hospital with whatever rare weird disease she had turned out to be an excuse for Dan to ask Chelsea out.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Heh. At least it's not some made up diagnosis like Bo's.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I really am not sure what Kate's last medical crisis was about or what that caused, but this one sounds a bit better.
There is no way Chelsea is going to get back with Dan if he is fawning all over Kate and her illness.

Thanks, Jonny!

FanODays

Days is so becoming a sad rip off of General Hospital.

Ellie

Thanks Jonatha!

A few of the actors recently have said in these interviews that they don't read ahead, or that they didn't know something was coming. Hmm. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I'm wondering if that is their way of making a comment on the writing itself. We all discuss here how random some all of Dena's stories seem. Wonder if the actors feel the same way.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That has been the case for awhile. I've heard it happen before quite a bit and it's especially true during transitions. Let's also remember Higley and Scott have been fighting so the story direction likely has been changing all the time so of course it's typical that the actors may end up not knowing things.

This sounds very good and I'm very happy with the start of this story. Hopefully it continues to be executed well. I am happy to see Kate have a story of her own.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

FanODays
Sep 18 2008, 09:54 AM
Days is so becoming a sad rip off of General Hospital.
LOL,Yep,I am getting sick of everyone ending up in the frickin hospital.

cassie1013

This sucks! Not a good choice of story for Kate in my opinion, but whatever....cancer storylines seem so overdone on soaps.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply