Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, Marlena
Topic Started: Sep 18 2008, 08:20 AM (2,356 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Marlena races to John's side this week when he suffers a seizure and is rushed to the hospital. Deidre Hall expounds on the "stand by your man" moment and her character's determination to save her beloved husband.

SOW: At the beginning of the week, Marlena tells Anna about John's erratic behavior - like punching Trent - and that she's resigned to divorcing him. Is she totally done?

DH: Marlena steps back and realizes this is just crazy behavior. John's actions are so far afield that Marlena can't see any part of the old John in him. She doesn't believe it's there to be retrieved. So Marlena had decided to completely break ties with him.

SOW: She's moving on, but is she totally at peace with this decision?

DH: No. We all know because of their deep and profound love, if anything changed, her head would spin around. There's always a part of Marlena that is still attached to John, married to him, adoring him, desiring him.

SOW: That (part) is stirred when John has a seizure and is rushed to the hospital. What does Marlena do?

DH: Marlena comes rushing to his side the minute she hears there's something wrong. She's tender with John. It's like (your behavior with) a child. Regardless of what they've done or what's going on, when they're in trouble or in need, you are there for them. It pulls up all that maternal, protective, loving stuff. That's who Marlena is.

SOW: Kayla shares John's CT scan results with Marlena. What's the gist of it?

DH: John's brain doesn't have a normal appearance, and that's very concerning. Obviously, he's been brainwashed, but Marlena and Kayla are not sure what else is going on.

SOW: Marlena comes to the realization that this all stems from what Stefano did to John. What does she do?

DH: She realizes Stefano is the only person who can undo this. Marlena runs out of the hospital and heads to see Stefano. She confronts him and calls him some names. She demands he come clean with what he's done to John. She reveals to him it's her belief that if something doesn't happen soon, John is going to die.

SOW: Stefano flatly refuses to help her. How does Marlena react?

DH: Her emotions run the gamut. She is furious. She is pleading. She is vulnerable. She goes through all that.

SOW: Later, Marlena returns to the hospital to study John's x-rays. What is her game plan in lieu of the fact that Stefano won't help her?

DH: Marlena is determined to find a way to save John's life. She won't give up because Stefano said no. She's got nothing to fear. Nothing to lose. Stefano had her attacked and drugged in her apartment. He destroyed the man she loves. There's not much left for her to lose. She's coming to John's rescue. Nothing and no one is going to stop her.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

Nice! Looks like Marlena is back!

Thanks, Jonny!

Jonatha

Pearly
Sep 18 2008, 08:25 AM

Thanks, Jonny!
I love Luke Perry!!! Oops! Got caught up in the avatar. :biggrin:

six
Member Avatar

Thanks.

Good. I didn't like the way she turned her back on him before.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

''John's brain doesn't have a normal appearance'',Well I didn't need an ex-ray to tell me that.Marlena loves John,I can tell,have to be blind not to.

Stefano you sob,won't help Marlena cause if he dies,he won't die,but still,he will have that be Marlena's punishment,if he did die I know she'd rightly go after him again.John better be ok or there is gonna be heck to pay,I am not looking forward to seeing John in the hospital again all helpless,gonna feel a little dejavu.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Sep 18 2008, 08:30 AM
Pearly

Thanks, Jonny!
Alligato was having the same issue yesterday...It's nice to see that after years passing he still causes a tingle. :smile:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks, Jonny!
Why isn't Marlena going to Rolf begging him? Rolf would be easier to convince than Steffie.

Still can't take the eyes off Dylan McKay either!

Ellie

Thanks for posting this, Jonatha!

WOW - this sounds great! I love the fact that Marlena will be the one to help John. Marlena has gone to Stefano before for help, and it's very true to their dynamic that just as Stefano tortures Marlena and John, he's also the one with the keys to whatever can cure them. And I'm glad that Marlena begins to realize that the computer disk is not the only way to get John back. The computer disk as the only source of salvation never made sense to me as a viewer, and I don't think it would make sense to Marlena either.
Edited by Ellie, Sep 18 2008, 11:04 AM.

Jonatha

Pearly
Sep 18 2008, 09:24 AM
Jonatha
Sep 18 2008, 08:30 AM
Pearly

Thanks, Jonny!
Alligato was having the same issue yesterday...It's nice to see that after years passing he still causes a tingle. :smile:
hehe! Maybe more than a tingle. :tounge:

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

Let the Jarlena Love Story begin!! I can't even begin to say how excited I am about this!! =)

Kiren_Dar

Thanks! It didn't seem right for Marlana to just turn her back on John!

Kyrai

Ellie
Sep 18 2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks for posting this, Jonatha!

WOW - this sounds great! I love the fact that Marlena will be the one to help John. Marlena has gone to Stefano before for help, and it's very true to their dynamic that just as Stefano tortures Marlena and John, he's also the one with the keys to whatever can cure them. And I'm glad that Marlena begins to realize that the computer disk is not the only way to get John back. The computer disk as the only source of salvation never made sense to me as a viewer, and I don't think it would make sense to Marlena either.
Yep, this sounds great! I can hardly wait. I've been waiting for Marlena to try to help John all summer, and Kayla will be helping too. Finally! I loved yesterday, and this sounds promising. I'm almost scared to hope, but I'm excited for a change.

jules

Thanks for posting! It sounds very promising, but let's hope Higley can deliver. I was kind of worried that Higley would have John be going through all this without Marlena.

Blindside84
Member Avatar

The upcoming scenes should hopefully be really powerful and good. Can't wait to see Marlena there for John and for her to confront Stefano. I wonder how Stefano is going to react to her aside from refusing to help John?

Ellie

Blindside84
Sep 18 2008, 03:20 PM
I wonder how Stefano is going to react to her aside from refusing to help John?
Whatever it is, I hope it's in character. The hospital scenes got it absolutely perfect : even as Stefano wanted to take revenge on Marlena, he sat there and fantasized about her. The Stefano/Marlena scenes after the Shelle wedding tapped into that dynamic as well. Stefano has always been completely intrigued by Marlena, but in his warped world, that manifests itself in his hurting her in order to force her to care for him.

hops
Member Avatar

jules
Sep 18 2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks for posting! It sounds very promising, but let's hope Higley can deliver. I was kind of worried that Higley would have John be going through all this without Marlena.
me too jules. I really liked the J&M scenes on yesterday's show and was hoping it wouldn't end there. At last this story seems to be moving forward. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds good.

I never considered Marlena turning her back on John. I think she just accepted he would never be her John and that she felt going forward with him would only hurt her and him in the end. She saw that her life was out of control and she needed him out of it to take back control. She wanted to focus on herself and family. I also think she saw how John acted out through crime and other things to try to show that he wasn't her John so she felt bad about that. She just felt going forward would destroy both of them in the end.

Now he has this crisis and it's drawing her back to him again out of concern and it will lead to her realizing that no matter how hard she resists, she belongs with him. It all has come together nicely and I believe it was set up nicely with yesterday's scenes as John practically admitted he loved her.

Blindside84
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 18 2008, 03:35 PM
Whatever it is, I hope it's in character. The hospital scenes got it absolutely perfect : even as Stefano wanted to take revenge on Marlena, he sat there and fantasized about her. The Stefano/Marlena scenes after the Shelle wedding tapped into that dynamic as well. Stefano has always been completely intrigued by Marlena, but in his warped world, that manifests itself in his hurting her in order to force her to care for him.
I agree with you. I think you got Stefano completely right even when he is furious with Marlena he is still intrigued by her and cannot stay away from her. I hope the writing is true to the history and characters also.

daisysmommy

I am so psyched about this-- it really has been such a turnoff the whole summer not having them around AND/OR having to watch them act completely out of character...

The reason their fan base is so rabid is not just the DHs on-screen chemistry [which is unique and fantastic and enduring). It is this underlying thread that the characters never give up on each other...and when they do, it is only out of sacrifice...all Gift of the Magi stuff...which causes great angsty looks and fabulous fantasy scenes. This summer was a total violation of that, and that's why I simply stopped watching.

I can't wait to have the real J&M back! HURRAY!!!

And the rest of the show seems to be picking up too. Though this week [my happiness re J&M scenes on Wed aside] was a sheer mess. You can tell they are trying to get the house back in order...when do Tomlin's epis begin airing? Was yesterday still credited to Scott?

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Let the love story we were promised 10 months ago finally begin???!!! Sounds great. Thanks for posting!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply