Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Performers of the week; Deidre Hall & Drake Hogestyn
Topic Started: Sep 18 2008, 03:36 PM (1,101 Views)
Jonatha

(Source:) SOD

For my fellow J&M fans:

For months, Marlena has been sympathetic, patient and loving where an emotionally void John was concerned. But the recent hospital lock-down had opposite effects on them; she emerged from her near death experience fiercely independent, where he turned suddenly needy. The role reversal proved compelling during their show down in her office.

"Ever since I realized you were alive, I've done one thing - I focused on you," she explained, with anger in her voice and eyes blazing as she rued the time she wasted with what now seemed like a lost cause. "Helping you get better, helping you grow stronger, helping you remember our live together. I can't do that anymore. It has to be about me now." A befuddled John called her selfish, then noted, "I finally realized how important you are to me." But it was too little, too late as far as Marlena was concerned and you felt badly for John that he didn't understand that.

He wouldn't let it go, though, an Hogestyn deftly demonstrated John's conflict. He changed his tone, taking a more gentle approach in manner and voice, yet still acting borderline petulant that he wasn't getting his way. Hall's gaze went from starry eyed to sympathetic and "Oh, dear, you just don't get it," kind of way. So he dug deeper, referencing their previous lovemaking at the plane crash site earlier this year. "That's all I was thinking about when you were lying in that hospital bed... 'Wow, I might never feel that way with her again. Or hear your voice, or see you smile. And I kind of just short-circuited," he said softly, tears brimming in his eyes. That did it. Thinking he had truly changed, her walls came down and she began to cry, too. She confessed how alone she felt and he assured her that she wouldn't be anymore. They hugged, and he grinned triumphantly (and mischievously?) over her shoulder in a way that indicated he knew exactly what he was doing, saying the right words to lure her back into his life - and his bed. And it worked.

So, has John really changed? We're not too sure, but it took only one episode to make it clear that this fan favorite duo still has a lot of mileage in their pas de deux.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jules

Thanks Jonatha :D Very nice write up and congrats to Deidre and Drake..

peaches179

Wow! I love those scenes too! Congrats Drake/Deidre!

Thanks for posting! :)

Ellie

Thanks Jonatha!

Congrats to Deidre and Drake on this well-deserved recognition. The scenes described in this article were so moving, and both of them played it perfectly. They had each other in tears, and they had me in tears as well. Yesterday's scenes were similar to these, and I hope the writers continue to step up and give them many more such scenes in the upcoming weeks and months.
Edited by Ellie, Sep 18 2008, 03:52 PM.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Drake and Dee ALWAYS give the best performances,to me their performers of a lifetime.

hops
Member Avatar

thank you jonatha. congrads to Deidre & Drake! i enjoyed those scenes.

jmluv

awesomeness! thanks so much.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Congrats to them, even thought I think they were more deserving of this for the Marlena/Sam scenes and the John/nuJohn/Santo scenes. They were good here but those scenes were on a different level IMO. I do think Drake got accolades for those scenes but Dee should've too.

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Awwwwww, they were awesome! Both made me want to cry right along with them. But they always do for me. Thanks for posting, Jonatha!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Very well deserved, those are my favourite recent scenes. They were just very realistic, despite what they were discussing. LOVED THEM. And they're the best team in the business, so...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

I'm so glad they were credited for their work that way!! It is well-deserved b/c those scenes were fantastic! It just shows they have kept it going after 22 years and it will continue to! "Days" knows that John/Marlena are gold and if they don't...well, they are slowly figuring it out! Which is good! More John/Marlena and hopefully this love story will continue in the right direction!

josie

Sweet. Much deserved! Thanks for posting!

evansblack
Member Avatar

They deserve the recognition. Thanks for posting!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply