Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
James Scott featured in LA Magazine cover shoot!
Topic Started: Sep 19 2008, 11:51 AM (1,183 Views)
ginababe
BANNED

IN LA Magazine Cover Shoot
Behind the Scenes!

Michael Fairman
18 September 2008

This past Monday, myself, "Y&R's" Michelle Stafford, "GH's" Kimberly McCullough, "DAYS", James Scott and "B&B's, Heather Tom, participated in a cover shoot for the upcoming edition of IN LA Magazine due out at the end of this month. I can't wait to see the final images, ( Geez, I hope I can hold my own next to these four stunners), and I look forward to sharing them with you online in the coming weeks.

John Paschal, the most well-known soap photographer in Los Angeles, directed us and shot the various configurations for the cover. Arrick Anderson former hair stylist from "Y&R" and who now is working with "Entertainment Tonight" assembled a fanstatic make-up team.

The reason for our one-of-a-kind photo shoot was for the upcoming October 16th benefit; "Soaps In The City" a benefit for AIDS Walk Los Angeles and the "Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps" launch party.

When I set out to put together the shoot, I truly wanted it to consist of some of the actors and actresses who have always been supportive of my soap career and who have always been so gracious. In addition, that were recognizable and beloved actors from the genre. I think we accomplished that and we had a blast! Kimberly McCullough and I go so far back to when she was little Robin Scorpio! To be able to do this photo shoot and to take some images with her was a treat. I will be conducting a very special interview with Kimberly in the coming days for the IN LA Magazine special feature on the soaps. The focus will be the importance of portraying the only HIV+ character on daytime soaps. I, of course, will share it here with you in the near future.

James Scott, who soon will wed in real-life, and who, like me, is not fond of photo shoot really put his best foot forward. But I have to tell you, I had to stand on two boxes during a part of the shoot when I was standing next to him. That's how tall he is and yes, that's how short I am! James and I did take time out to chat about the state of affairs at "DAYS". I wanted to check in with him to make sure all was OK for him with the changing regimes and cast changes, and he assured me, "So Far. So good." I think "DAYS" favorite heartthrob will be just fine as the show goes through some more potential revamping into the new year.

Michelle Stafford and I always have such a good time together. She makes me laugh like no one else, and we hammed it up together during the shoot. At one point, I just couldn't hold the pose, because she is just that funny.

However, Michelle looked terrific and having her presence really meant so much to the shoot, and so much to me! She was one of three Daytime Emmy award winning actresses in our shoot! (Not to gush... but...)

The very busy Heather Tom, who has been out on weekends on the campaign trail for Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, spoke of her efforts and her continued support of AIDS awareness. We briefly had a moment to chat "B&B", particularly about Katie's pregnancy. Heather was the first to arrive to JPI studios, as she had the earliest call time, and was the last to leave. Kudos and a million thanks to Heather for sticking it out till the very end of our shoot schedule!

Make sure to come back often to our upcoming, "Soaps In The City" section for behind-the-scenes video from the shoot, sideshow images of the fun day, interviews, and continued confirmations through October 16th of who from your favorite soaps will be attending the benefit.

If you are in the LA area in Mid-October, I highly recommend this soapy event!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

OMG! My heart almost stopped... I thought it said JS FIRED

ginababe
BANNED

Unless DAYS is considering suicide, I don't see that happening.

leharner

Thanks Gina

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing, Gina!

I can't wait to see THE MAN posing his gorgeous rear off in this issue! I am sure he won't disappoint, and glad to hear that he is hanging in there with all that is going on!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Awesome! Thanks, Gina! :smile:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Ooo YUMMY I can't wait!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply