Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 9/22
Topic Started: Sep 19 2008, 06:05 PM (668 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/video/clips/weekly-preview-092208/667765/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Thanks Angie! Here you go...

Edited by Ellie, Sep 19 2008, 06:41 PM.

Ellie

Regarding the preview - this is like 'instant murder mystery'. Set up everyone with a motive within a few weeks, someone gets killed, whooo is the killer? I bet the whole thing will be over in a week or two.

It's like Dena's just flipping through the 'soap writing playbook'. She tries different types of stories each month, then moves on to the next. Plane crash? Check. Premature baby? Over and done with. Illness? Done that, doing it again. Infidelity? You bet. I think if she'd actually invest some time in any of these stories, the viewers would become invested as well.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Sep 19 2008, 06:34 PM
Regarding the preview - this is like 'instant murder mystery'. Set up everyone with a motive within a few weeks, someone gets killed, whooo is the killer? I bet the whole thing will be over in a week or two.

It's like Dena's just flipping through the 'soap writing playbook'. She tries different types of stories each month, then moves on to the next. Plane crash? Check. Premature baby? Over and done with. Illness? Done that, doing it again. Infidelity? You bet. I think if she'd actually invest some time in any of these stories, the viewers would become invested as well.
Well, maybe Marlena kills him, and then it'll be a great story! :D

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Sep 19 2008, 06:36 PM
Ellie

Um, NOPE. Higley's writing is pretty bad for her too!

I wasn't going to say this, but in my mind the exact opposite of this story is the SSK story. That story featured months of intricately developed clues and leads. This is like the 'instant coffee' version of that, in my mind.
Edited by Ellie, Sep 19 2008, 06:42 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Hee!

I do begrudgingly admit though, its got a real Murder She Wrote feel to it. Even Nick is a suspect! But that's ok. I like/love murder mysteries.

But no doubt it will be Claude when it's all done.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Sep 19 2008, 06:39 PM
ladyofthelake
Ellie

Um, NOPE. Higley's writing is pretty bad for her too!

I wasn't going to say this, but in my mind the exact opposite of this story is the SSK story. That story featured months of intricately developed clues and leads. This is like the 'instant coffee' version of that, in my mind.
Well, I'm gonna wait it out and see...........I made a vow not to criticize til AFTER the fact, LOL.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 19 2008, 06:40 PM
But no doubt it will be Claude when it's all done.

With Higley writing, it will probably end up being Colonel Mustard. :eyeroll:

Thanks Angie.
Edited by Pearly, Sep 19 2008, 07:43 PM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Decent preview, this actually sounds like it could be exciting. I love a murder mystery! My fear is that the execution will be disappointing. I'm still looking forward to this.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I'm going to try and tune in to watch this. I missed all of this week's show.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie

There were rumors that this had been rewritten after Scott was fired and Roscoe even said that it was.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sindacco
Sep 20 2008, 04:00 AM
Ellie

There were rumors that this had been rewritten after Scott was fired and Roscoe even said that it was.
That's the whole thing. People forget that Days seems to be in a constant state of transition, which can contribute to some of this inconsistency. If Corday would just KEEP someone, bad or good, for a while, maybe the consistency will return.
Certainly, if Scott wrote things one way, they'll trash it so Higley and Whitesell can redo it.
And, again, I'm not going to bash it until I see it. I've actually been pleasantly surprised a couple of times lately. Disappointed, too, but also surprised. I've never expected Days to give me 100% of what I want all the time, and it's too much to ask of ANY TV show, even the top rated ones. That's why I make sure I have other forms of entertainment. :D
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 20 2008, 07:48 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I have actually like the writing for Trent more these past two weeks then all the months he has been on.

Ellie

Sindacco
Sep 20 2008, 04:00 AM
Ellie

Are you talking about the comments in SOD? That didn't have anything to do with Ed Scott.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

There were rumors that it was rewritten because Scott was gone. Rosoce said stuff was rewritten but not why.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply