Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Mary Beth Evans' Blog; NBC Site
Topic Started: Sep 19 2008, 08:29 PM (1,709 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 23 2008, 06:58 PM
I'm just tickled that Days actors can branch out without repercussions. Although, this might be a rumor, but I had heard a few years ago, Corday was NOT willing to let his actors branch out and do guest spots or other projects. Does anyone know anything about this, because if he's changed his tune on this, I'll actually have to give him kudos!
Its still NBC i don't see what the big deal would be..And a guest stint on the show shouldn't take very long film..I think its great promotion for the show...Look at ABC and Dancing with the Stars..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pnelsen

They use to guest star a lot in the 80's and early 90's. Mary Beth and Stephen were on the "Gong Show", Hollywood Squares" Deidre Hall was always on "Funniest Bloopers". It would help promote the show. There are probably some people who don't even realize NBC has a daytime soap.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I think I heard that a few years ago Corday didn't want his cast doing that. Maybe it was that dude who was formerly head of Daytime.
All the possibilities............This would be a good year to feature some on ER, seeing as it's the last year for that show....there are actors with comedic bents that could be on The Office....
Mary Beth did an awesome job playing a doctor with just a shade of ethical questionability, which i thought was awesome.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Sep 24 2008, 10:08 PM
I think I heard that a few years ago Corday didn't want his cast doing that. Maybe it was that dude who was formerly head of Daytime.
All the possibilities............This would be a good year to feature some on ER, seeing as it's the last year for that show....there are actors with comedic bents that could be on The Office....
Mary Beth did an awesome job playing a doctor with just a shade of ethical questionability, which i thought was awesome.
I heard similar.

Days tapes sometimes at night (especially for big events and such) so he didn't want anything to interfere with availability. That and he was worried they would branch out too far and leave the show.

I'm glad he's letting them all do other things too. Mary Beth was good and I think that as long as it's on NBC, there shouldn't be an issue. It would be great to see Ari do 30 Rock or to see some stars on ER in it's last year.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ladyofthelake
Sep 24 2008, 10:08 PM
Damn. how many times did I use the word "awesome" here? LOL. I'm losing my touch!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Good for her for booking SVU. She must have time to do these side projects because Steve and Kayla won't be getting their own storyline for a while.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Sep 24 2008, 10:49 PM.

pnelsen

From Mary Beth's blog it sounds like they do have plans for other actors to do guest appearances on other shows. I think it would have been cooler on Law and Order if her name was Dr. Johnson.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

pnelsen
Sep 25 2008, 05:52 AM
From Mary Beth's blog it sounds like they do have plans for other actors to do guest appearances on other shows. I think it would have been cooler on Law and Order if her name was Dr. Johnson.
I don't think so. I think it's also nice to establish these actors with separate identities, and having her as a doctor ties her in enough with her Days character. Certainly, her SVU character had more of an edge.
I just thought of another one. Blake Berris has done recurring on The Starter Wife, and USA is owned by NBC, isn't it? We might just be seeing Days stars on the NBC owned cable networks, too.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Liked seeing Mary Beth on SVU. I, too, would like to see more guest shots. We do have a lot of talented actors that could be used like this. Before he came back to Days JKJ was on CSI Miami and of course Ali has been on Wheel of Fortune among other things.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

You're forgetting JKJ as the hunky OB/GYN on Scrubs!!

pnelsen

I'm watching the season premier of ER and Baby Joe Johnson's nurse is on.
(i'm just adding some humor) I know she is a regular on ER

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

pnelsen
Sep 25 2008, 09:30 PM
I love her. And, they did the shows switch reversal!
How would Goran Visnjic look pitted against Shawn Christian? :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Sep 26 2008, 06:51 PM
pnelsen
You watch ER?

We have a thread in the primetime palace. You should join us. There aren't many that watch it here so we could use more people. :laugh: :smile:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 27 2008, 02:10 AM
ladyofthelake
Sep 26 2008, 06:51 PM
pnelsen
You watch ER?

We have a thread in the primetime palace. You should join us. There aren't many that watch it here so we could use more people. :laugh: :smile:
I love ER. It's one of the shows scheduled in my DVR, along with Law and Order SVU.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply