Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Galen Gering news ; **UPDATED 9/24**
Topic Started: Sep 20 2008, 12:52 AM (8,785 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am not sure how reliable this is.

My friend mary got permission to post this news

"Here's the SCOOP - Galen Gering"

Insider Info...just in, Galen Gering has signed a contract role with Days. He'll be playing opposite Ali Sweeney starting sometime in October.

This is awesome news for ALL Galen fans!!!

MaryPassionLady
Margaritaville

http://www.soapnewsandscoops.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22060

**UPDATE**

Big DAYS Casting News!
Soap Opera Digest has learned that not only has Galen Gering (ex-Luis, PASSIONS) been hired on DAYS as an FBI agent, but so has Eric Martsolf (ex-Ethan, PASSIONS) — as a recast for Brady.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

**UPDATE 9/24**

More hunks then a small town can handle

Fear no more Passion fans, there is hope on the horizon. Two of the now-defunct soap’s hunks have joined Days of Our Lives. Galen Gering (Luis, Passions) and Eric Martsolf (Ethan, Passions) have signed on with the NBC soap, to start in November.

Gering will be playing a FBI agent who is connected to Nicole and Trent. During an interview with TBTV.com, Darin Brooks (Max, Days) alluded to a major occurrence happening to Trent. We can now confirm that Roscoe Born (Trent, Days) will be leaving the show next month. Max, Mel and Nicole will all be suspects in Trent’s killing. Gering will investigating the murder and become attracted to Nicole.

Martsolf be a recast of Brady Black, who has not been seen in Salem for a few years. Martsolf will be involved with Nadia Bjorn (Chloe, Days) as Brady has some unfinished business to tend to with his ex-wife. $50 that he will find Chloe in bed with Lucas, who is Brady’s ex-brother in-law. Scandalous!

Emmy nominee, Kyle Lowder, who is now on The Bold and the Beautiful as Rick Forrester, originally played Brady.

Keep your eyes peeled for our exclusive interview with Darin Brooks right here on TBTV.com for even more backstage scoop.

http://www.tbtv.com/Soap-Story.aspx?cid=111741&cat=252
Edited by Angie79, Sep 24 2008, 01:33 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

May be awesome news for Galen's fans if it's true.....

As for Days itself and playing opposite Ali........ :blink:

King
Member Avatar

WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY! This is vomit-inducing. LOL.

He is so not needed. So Lucas is going to bang Chloe, EJ is going to bang Nicole, so she'll get a third guy? Is that what is happening? I don't watch the show anymore so I wouldn't know, but I will probably be getting cable and watching again soon.

This is not the news I wanted to hear! haha.

ginababe
BANNED

I like Galen, but I don't want him anywhere near my Ejami, we have enough to deal w/ only to have yet another person thrown into the mix!

Kenny
Member Avatar

I hate this show.

I really do just hate this show.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing.
Ugggh, so another Sami worshiper :puke: :soapbox:
I like Galen, but someone else to pursue Sami's worthless pathetic heart is uncalled for. He deserves better than that.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 20 2008, 01:58 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This is coming from the same person that started this thread:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/topic/8019884/1/

ginababe
BANNED

what does that mean, angie? is she reliable?

Shylock

I can understand them wanting to bring on some Latino actors and all (that's what he is, right?), but.. why can't they find some talented Latino actors to do these roles?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am not familiar with her. I was looking around and I guess this is the original source:

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/34/8767.html

ginababe
BANNED

thanks angie! doesn't look very official..?

King
Member Avatar

Shylock
Sep 20 2008, 02:12 AM
I can understand them wanting to bring on some Latino actors and all (that's what he is, right?), but.. why can't they find some talented Latino actors to do these roles?

According to wiki:

Gering was born in Los Angeles, California to Alan Gering (a Jewish American) and Michele de Oñate (the grand-daughter of a Basque immigrant from Spain), herself a renowned west coast artist.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I wonder if he is going to be in a new role or if he is a recast Brandon??

Seems weird he would be playing opposite Sami as Ali is already stretched thin with her biggest loser gig and will probably be needing at least six weeks off for maternity leave in early 2009.

I'm all for Sami having a new love interest until EJ wakes up and stops being Nicole's douche bag but Galen Gering doesn't excite me, personally, no offense to his fans. I'd rather have Matt Cedeno back.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

They better not recast Brandon :soapbox:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 20 2008, 03:49 AM
They better not recast Brandon :soapbox:
Better yet, how about they just keep the useless piece of shit character gone altogether?

sungrey

Better yet still, how about we keep the useless piece of *** off the show?

I better stick to the code of chivalry here, sorry. :)

cjknick
Member Avatar

Giving the fact that Ali is going to be going on Maternity Leave and is going to be pregnant on the show with EJ's baby I think this would be an odd time to bring a new person in to play opposite her and put him on contract .... my guess is this is false unless he is the new recast ERIC!

This would be a brilliant time to bring Eric back .... Sami could scheme to get Nicole away from EJ by bringing back the only other man that Nicole has really ever loved Sami's twin brother Eric!
Edited by cjknick, Sep 20 2008, 05:14 AM.

King
Member Avatar

OH MY GOD.

You're probably right! He's probably playing Brandon.

This is getting worse by the hour.
Edited by King, Sep 20 2008, 05:21 AM.

Kyrai

Shylock
Exactly. He is one of the worst actors I've ever seen. Please say it aint so!

I'm not against them bringing Brandon back, but it seems to me they need new blood in general. A girl for Phil, Max. Guy for Chels, Stephanie, etc.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sep 20 2008, 06:06 AM
Shylock
Exactly. He is one of the worst actors I've ever seen. Please say it aint so!

I'm not against them bringing Brandon back, but it seems to me they need new blood in general. A girl for Phil, Max. Guy for Chels, Stephanie, etc.
I agree now with Morgan gone and Phillip ok with Chloe being with Lucas .... Phillip is left with no one! I suppose Melanie could be an option but she's kind of with Nick now ....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply