Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Galen Gering news ; **UPDATED 9/24**
Topic Started: Sep 20 2008, 12:52 AM (8,947 Views)
GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Sep 22 2008, 03:51 PM
A lot of people assumed Lindsay Hartley is Hispanic but she's not. She's actually Greek and Italian. Then there is Natalia Livingston who used to be on GH. I believe she is Hispanic.

Filed under "Things You Can't Tell By Lookin' At 'Em"
Yes, Natalia Livingston is half-Mexican (just like me Posted Image). I think she looks it, though. *shrug*
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

Maybe Max will end up in prison for killing Trent, (the beloved vet) and Shelly can have the GG character as a love interest.

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 22 2008, 07:30 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 22 2008, 07:23 PM
Passions fans will tune in so don't worry.
All five of them? Well that'll do DAYS some good! LoL
:roflol:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

LorrieOw
Sep 22 2008, 09:09 PM
Maybe Max will end up in prison for killing Trent, (the beloved vet) and Shelly can have the GG character as a love interest.
I guess we've never considered Roscoe Borne a vet because we were thinking DAYS vet. There's a whole nother angle here...good point!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 22 2008, 07:30 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 22 2008, 07:23 PM
Passions fans will tune in so don't worry.
All five of them? Well that'll do DAYS some good! LoL
LMAO

BITCH!

Nicole Walker

"Lindsay can be EJ's new lover. That would make my day! "

Now you're talking! One look in those beautiful brown eyes and EJ would be a goner!!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm really not bothered by either of these casting choices...I'll wait it out and see..I just think we need another lady in that age range now with all the available men..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This has Tomlin written all over it. That and maybe a little NBC. NBC was always fighting for it so I can see them involved. Also, I get the sense that they are trying to tap into Galen and Eric's fanbases since they are quite popular.

I have no issue with Galen at all. He played a cop on Passions and should work fine as a FBI agent. I'm actually curious about his character. I think it is time to pair Sami with someone new and, if it's him, so be it. They do seem like they would be good together and Galen can act. He will get more time to shine on Days so I'm curious to see how he does.

As for Eric, he does look the part. He can sing, which is a part of Brady's character and which makes me think that may have been key to him being hired. That suggests to me that Chloe and Brady will be involved again. I do think there is a purpose for Brady right now (then again, there is also purpose for Belle) but Eric really never showed any signs of being able to act. Galen has but not Eric so that is a HUGE concern. Then again, Austin Peck never did either and he has surprised me in the past so who knows. Hell, Eric had to play the same damn material for years. Eric tends to ham it up and that is very similar to Lowder. Lowder was good at playing Brady with an edge but when he became a hero he was cheesy so Lowder tended to ham it up onscreen and Eric can do that very well so I guess Eric's acting just might work for Brady.

Much like anything else, I will wait and see how it unfolds. I'm not so worried about Galen but Eric I am very much so. I do wish they would go get Lindsey Hartley or Justin Hartley or hell even Justin Hartley to play one of these roles. Those are the people I would've went after first.

People forget that Galen and Eric don't cost much so, depending on who they get rid of, it does make sense. Sure, they have more years in the business then Renton but we need to remember we don't know why Days is cutting. Days never came out and said all the cuts were related to budget like they did in the past. Maybe they all are or maybe some are but we don't know yet and Renton's seems more story-dictated then anything else at this point since she makes nothing. These cuts may be being dictated by the behind the scenes scandal for all we know so I don't think we can see a clear exchange between getting rid of Renton and whoever else and replacing them with Galen and Eric.

I do have this feeling Bryan is a goner. He's been on less and less and if there is issues with Ali and Bryan, he's probably gone since it seems Ali is staying. I don't think this has anything to do with JKJ. Corday wanted Lowder back in Spring and I really do think Ed played a role in the plans being dropped since it seems Lucas/Chloe was his idea (I mean, they have basically been dropped from this earth since Tomlin started) so I think Corday wants another round of Philip/Chloe/Brady, which I'm not crazy about because I see like no chemistry with Nadia and Eric AT ALL. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

The show needs new blood and this satisfies that while also pleasing people who have said they would rather old characters return and Brady is that. We'll see what happens but right now I have really no judgment on this. Once they show up onscreen and get to prove themselves, then I will. We have heard nothing about Marnie Saitta leaving so, assuming she is there, she must have saw something. Even before Marnie, Days was doing well with casting and Eric is doing a guest appearance on NCIS and Galen has seen interest from many shows so who knows. People may be surprised.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't even care if this was Corday or Tomlin's idea. Either way, it was just plain dumb.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

It kinda sounds like FBI Agent will just be a short term role...one can hope, right?

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I know this may sound really stupid to some, but I have thought for a while that Days should have a Liz Chandler, or Doug chracter on, to bring some romance into the show. I alsways loved the romantice scenes when everyone was at Doug's Place, or listening to Liz sing. I would love it, if Chloe could open a club where she sing. If Days has now hired an actor that has singing ability as well, I would love to have the two characters together, at their club bringing some love and romance with their abilities while putting on a show for the rest of Salem.

Maybe I am just hoping for a small repeat of the good ole days.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

LorrieOw
Sep 22 2008, 10:54 PM
I know this may sound really stupid to some, but I have thought for a while that Days should have a Liz Chandler, or Doug chracter on, to bring some romance into the show. I alsways loved the romantice scenes when everyone was at Doug's Place, or listening to Liz sing. I would love it, if Chloe could open a club where she sing. If Days has now hired an actor that has singing ability as well, I would love to have the two characters together, at their club bringing some love and romance with their abilities while putting on a show for the rest of Salem.

Maybe I am just hoping for a small repeat of the good ole days.
Ah, Liz Chandler.......I miss Doug's Place!

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Sep 22 2008, 09:59 PM
This has Tomlin written all over it. That and maybe a little NBC. NBC was always fighting for it so I can see them involved. Also, I get the sense that they are trying to tap into Galen and Eric's fanbases since they are quite popular.

I have no issue with Galen at all. He played a cop on Passions and should work fine as a FBI agent. I'm actually curious about his character. I think it is time to pair Sami with someone new and, if it's him, so be it. They do seem like they would be good together and Galen can act. He will get more time to shine on Days so I'm curious to see how he does.

As for Eric, he does look the part. He can sing, which is a part of Brady's character and which makes me think that may have been key to him being hired. That suggests to me that Chloe and Brady will be involved again. I do think there is a purpose for Brady right now (then again, there is also purpose for Belle) but Eric really never showed any signs of being able to act. Galen has but not Eric so that is a HUGE concern. Then again, Austin Peck never did either and he has surprised me in the past so who knows. Hell, Eric had to play the same damn material for years. Eric tends to ham it up and that is very similar to Lowder. Lowder was good at playing Brady with an edge but when he became a hero he was cheesy so Lowder tended to ham it up onscreen and Eric can do that very well so I guess Eric's acting just might work for Brady.

Much like anything else, I will wait and see how it unfolds. I'm not so worried about Galen but Eric I am very much so. I do wish they would go get Lindsey Hartley or Justin Hartley or hell even Justin Hartley to play one of these roles. Those are the people I would've went after first.

People forget that Galen and Eric don't cost much so, depending on who they get rid of, it does make sense. Sure, they have more years in the business then Renton but we need to remember we don't know why Days is cutting. Days never came out and said all the cuts were related to budget like they did in the past. Maybe they all are or maybe some are but we don't know yet and Renton's seems more story-dictated then anything else at this point since she makes nothing. These cuts may be being dictated by the behind the scenes scandal for all we know so I don't think we can see a clear exchange between getting rid of Renton and whoever else and replacing them with Galen and Eric.

I do have this feeling Bryan is a goner. He's been on less and less and if there is issues with Ali and Bryan, he's probably gone since it seems Ali is staying. I don't think this has anything to do with JKJ. Corday wanted Lowder back in Spring and I really do think Ed played a role in the plans being dropped since it seems Lucas/Chloe was his idea (I mean, they have basically been dropped from this earth since Tomlin started) so I think Corday wants another round of Philip/Chloe/Brady, which I'm not crazy about because I see like no chemistry with Nadia and Eric AT ALL. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

The show needs new blood and this satisfies that while also pleasing people who have said they would rather old characters return and Brady is that. We'll see what happens but right now I have really no judgment on this. Once they show up onscreen and get to prove themselves, then I will. We have heard nothing about Marnie Saitta leaving so, assuming she is there, she must have saw something. Even before Marnie, Days was doing well with casting and Eric is doing a guest appearance on NCIS and Galen has seen interest from many shows so who knows. People may be surprised.
I think either JKJ or BD are gone.

My issue with these recent hirings is that I don't think Days needs any new, or returning faces. I barely recongize the show or the characters that are on currently, so why take a show that should be trying to hold onto its long time viewers by bringing in or back more characters? Days needs to concentrate on developing the characters they currently have, consistently so that I can give a damn about them again.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

More hunks then a small town can handle

Fear no more Passion fans, there is hope on the horizon. Two of the now-defunct soapís hunks have joined Days of Our Lives. Galen Gering (Luis, Passions) and Eric Martsolf (Ethan, Passions) have signed on with the NBC soap, to start in November.

Gering will be playing a FBI agent who is connected to Nicole and Trent. During an interview with TBTV.com, Darin Brooks (Max, Days) alluded to a major occurrence happening to Trent. We can now confirm that Roscoe Born (Trent, Days) will be leaving the show next month. Max, Mel and Nicole will all be suspects in Trentís killing. Gering will investigating the murder and become attracted to Nicole.

Martsolf be a recast of Brady Black, who has not been seen in Salem for a few years. Martsolf will be involved with Nadia Bjorn (Chloe, Days) as Brady has some unfinished business to tend to with his ex-wife. $50 that he will find Chloe in bed with Lucas, who is Bradyís ex-brother in-law. Scandalous!

Emmy nominee, Kyle Lowder, who is now on The Bold and the Beautiful as Rick Forrester, originally played Brady.

Keep your eyes peeled for our exclusive interview with Darin Brooks right here on TBTV.com for even more backstage scoop.

http://www.tbtv.com/Soap-Story.aspx?cid=111741&cat=252

cjknick
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 24 2008, 01:29 PM

Fear no more Passion fans, there is hope on the horizon. Two of the now-defunct soapís hunks have joined Days of Our Lives. Galen Gering (Luis, Passions) and Eric Martsolf (Ethan, Passions) have signed on with the NBC soap, to start in November.

Gering will be playing a FBI agent who is connected to Nicole and Trent. During an interview with TBTV.com, Darin Brooks (Max, Days) alluded to a major occurrence happening to Trent. We can now confirm that Roscoe Born (Trent, Days) will be leaving the show next month. Max, Mel and Nicole will all be suspects in Trentís killing. Gering will investigating the murder and become attracted to Nicole.

Martsolf be a recast of Brady Black, who has not been seen in Salem for a few years. Martsolf will be involved with Nadia Bjorn (Chloe, Days) as Brady has some unfinished business to tend to with his ex-wife. $50 that he will find Chloe in bed with Lucas, who is Bradyís ex-brother in-law. Scandalous!

Emmy nominee, Kyle Lowder, who is now on The Bold and the Beautiful as Rick Forrester, originally played Brady.

Keep your eyes peeled for our exclusive interview with Darin Brooks right here on TBTV.com for even more backstage scoop.

Thanks Angie ...

So GG will be interested in Nicole! - I wonder if Nicole is pregnant then or if she will have lost the baby? Why do I get the feeling that Stefano has something to do with this?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Sounds pretty good..I'm actually looking forward to these two joining the show..I kind of feel like Galen will just be a short term role though..

Pearly
Member Avatar

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
Saturday, what a day,
Rockin all week with you.

This day is ours
Won't you be mine. (Oh Happy Days)
This day is ours (Oh Happy Days)
Oh please be mine.

Hello sunshine, goodbye rain,
She's wearing my high school ring on her chain.
She's my steady, I'm her man,
I'm gonna love her all I can.
(Chorus)
Gonna cruise her round the town,
Show everybody what I've found
Rock'n'roll with all my friends
Hopin' the music never ends.

These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
These Happy Days are yours and mine, Happy Days.

:dance:

Thanks, Angie!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Dammit! I was hoping for a Nicole pregnancy, and the excitement/drama that ensues. I guess she loses the baby.

I wasn't at first, but I am excited with the possiblity of the new blood being injected into the show...still think there are too many guys floating around and someone needs to go, and if Nicole is out of EJ's orbit and Sami is going on maternity leave for awhile, does that mean that I will go without James Scott on my screen for a long period of time?

Thanks for passing the news along! Muchas gracias!

Mason
Member Avatar

I still HATE that he's being brought on in the first place, but at least Galen isn't supposed to be yet another man for Sami.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

cjknick
Sep 24 2008, 01:41 PM
Angie79
Sep 24 2008, 01:29 PM

Thanks Angie ...

So GG will be interested in Nicole! - I wonder if Nicole is pregnant then or if she will have lost the baby? Why do I get the feeling that Stefano has something to do with this?
you might be on to something there, cj.
Wasn't GG supposed to be infiltrating Stefano's empire as the FBI agent? But now he is investigating the Trent murder?
I wonder how it is connected??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply