Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Galen Gering news ; **UPDATED 9/24**
Topic Started: Sep 20 2008, 12:52 AM (8,718 Views)
marisol40

Am I the only one that is wondering why Nicole is and will continue to be so heavily featured?

Ari and Higley are supposedly very tight; hence the redemption of her character and the grooming of her to become the grande dame of the show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

marisol40
Sep 24 2008, 09:59 PM
Am I the only one that is wondering why Nicole is and will continue to be so heavily featured?

Ari and Higley are supposedly very tight; hence the redemption of her character and the grooming of her to become the grande dame of the show.
And you heard this golden gem of information where?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

marisol40

Actually...Ali and Higley seemed to be tight during Higley's first go round. I don't have official sources but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice Sami and Lucas were really the only two characters who benefited from Higley's first run. Bope got story but theirs went downhill when we got the bounty hunter shit. Lumi had very good direction and setup under her.

Ari is being heavily featured because she has many fans, the character is interesting, she's one hell of an actress, and she has chemistry with everyone and can be involved in any story or pairing without having to worry about incest or the ick factor.

I'm disappointed Galen is here for Nicole. They will have chemistry but I wanted a new guy and fresh direction for Sami. It seems there is more to Trent so this should be interesting seeing what Galen's character will be getting involved in. Arianne looks similar to Mackenzie Westmore so the chemistry should be very good.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 24 2008, 10:32 PM

Ari is being heavily featured because she has many fans, the character is interesting, she's one hell of an actress, and she has chemistry with everyone and can be involved in any story or pairing without having to worry about incest or the ick factor.

Dang, Tim, you mean there isn't anything underhanded or sleazy or unethical or criminal about Ari and her success? No nepotism anywhere?
It's actually good old fashioned ACTING? Imagine! :P

Quote:

I'm disappointed Galen is here for Nicole. They will have chemistry but I wanted a new guy and fresh direction for Sami. It seems there is more to Trent so this should be interesting seeing what Galen's character will be getting involved in. Arianne looks similar to Mackenzie Westmore so the chemistry should be very good.

I am, too. Oh, well. We can wait and see what happens. Since Ali wouldn't be on TOO much longer after this Galen dude comes on, they wouldn't consider it.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 24 2008, 10:50 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

If Nicole's going to be pregnant, then I don't want any interaction between Gerring's character and Nicole to be romantic.

I hope, in the end, the character turns out to be for Sami. Let EJ and Nicole be together. Give Sami her own man, damnit.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It makes me wonder if they are building something with Ari and Galen and will continue to do so while Ali is gone and then maybe build something with Ali and Galen when Ali returns. This way if James Scott bolts, they can have a triangle with the three of them. Just a thought since the initial word was he would be interacting with Ali and now it's Ari.

Nicole Walker

I'm not disappointed. Ari is exactly who I imagined Galen with when I first heard that he was on Days set(at that time we speculated that he was auditioning for a role). It's said that the FBI Agent will cross paths with Sami that might be just his introduction and then as he's working the case he becomes attracted to Nicole.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Sep 24 2008, 10:58 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DrewHamilton
Sep 24 2008, 10:53 PM
If Nicole's going to be pregnant, then I don't want any interaction between Gerring's character and Nicole to be romantic.

I hope, in the end, the character turns out to be for Sami. Let EJ and Nicole be together. Give Sami her own man, damnit.
Those are my thoughts. But, again, if JS does decide not to re-sign....
Well, I'm going to have to see how this Galen dude acts before I decide.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I think they are worried that JS will bolt or they wouldn't be negotiating with him this early (his contract is up in May 2009). For what JS said in Burlington it's not about the money it about the writing at this point. I can't see how bringing in male eye candy is going to suggest that the writing is going to get any better.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Sep 25 2008, 07:54 AM
I think they are worried that JS will bolt or they wouldn't be negotiating with him this early (his contract is up in May 2009). For what JS said in Burlington it's not about the money it about the writing at this point. I can't see how bringing in male eye candy is going to suggest that the writing is going to get any better.
They're hedging their bets, not guaranteeing the writing will be better. If JS decides not to re-sign, then they'll have Galen to play with. Despite what might be said at fan events and in magazines, I don't think anyone besides those at the studio REALLY knows what's going on with the actors and their thoughts on what they'll do with their contracts. A lot might depend on which route EJ takes with this whole double pregnancy storyline, not to mention......will someone get pissed off behind the scenes again, causing yet ANOTHER turnover? Days is too volatile lately to accurately predict anymore.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 24 2008, 10:32 PM
marisol40

:hail: This is why I don't have a problem with Nicole getting airtime. Ari is veratile and has chemistry with all of her co-stars. She's also received some rave reviews in soap mags and online for her talent. Nicole is a flexible character since she isn't tied down to one of the sainted core families, and her pairing with EJ has won over a lot of fans. I find Ari/Nicole refreshing.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

It's funny because though Ari is being featured more, it's not like she is being featured in everything say like EJ was last fall. Nicole is only in the pentagon and Trent murder. Her scenes with other characters like Dan are few and far between. We've had days where she hasn't been on at all.

And one reason probably why it's easy for Nicole to pop up, is the fact she isn't related to everyone in town. She can be screen tested with any guy on the show (we so need that) and because of her loose sense of morals, she can pop into a situation and be tactless about what is going on, making it funnier.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Sep 25 2008, 09:48 AM
It's funny because though Ari is being featured more, it's not like she is being featured in everything say like EJ was last fall. Nicole is only in the pentagon and Trent murder. Her scenes with other characters like Dan are few and far between. We've had days where she hasn't been on at all.

And one reason probably why it's easy for Nicole to pop up, is the fact she isn't related to everyone in town. She can be screen tested with any guy on the show (we so need that) and because of her loose sense of morals, she can pop into a situation and be tactless about what is going on, making it funnier.

EXACTLY!!

She gets a good amount of airtime but she isn't dominating the canvas AT ALL. Nothing like Ali and James last year, who were involved in almost everything.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 25 2008, 07:13 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 25 2008, 07:09 PM
Tripp
Sep 25 2008, 09:48 AM

EXACTLY!!

She gets a good amount of airtime but she isn't dominating the canvas AT ALL. Nothing like Ali and James last year, who were involved in almost everything.
August rankings
In August, Ari tied with Mary Beth Evans, Jay Johnson,Renee Jones, and Josh Taylor for sixth position, AFTER James Scott,Drake Hogestyn, Deidre Hall, Joseph Mascolo, and Thaao Penghlis. And yes, in June and July she ranked higher than Sami, too,but she was lower than in August. But, gee, in May, Alison ranked second and Ari 11. In April, Nicole was on one more episode than Allison. In March, I guess Nicole wasn't on yet.
I'd be interested in the September stats, but August doesn't reflect "All Nicole, All the Time". True, Sami's not there, but I think that's a relief to quite a few people.
For the YEAR, Alison was 12 and Ari was 18.
In 2007, Allison ranked #1 in episode rankings. She ranked #1 in the months of December, November (tied with PR), October, August (ranked third in September), second in May, June and July, tied for first with JS in April, tied for second with Julie Pinson in March, tied for second with several folks in February, and ONLY in January was she down at number 9.
Definitely, if you compare 2007 to 2008, I can't see how folks can complain about Ari's rankings. She's never made it above 5 in the rankings.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

ladyofthelake
Sep 25 2008, 08:07 PM
In 2007, Allison ranked #1 in episode rankings. She ranked #1 in the months of December, November (tied with PR), October, August (ranked third in September), second in May, June and July, tied for first with JS in April, tied for second with Julie Pinson in March, tied for second with several folks in February, and ONLY in January was she down at number 9.
No wonder I'm sick of Sami.

Mason

ladyofthelake
I can't see how folks can complain about Ari's rankings.
They will when they don't like who she's been spending a lot of scenes with. ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Sep 25 2008, 08:19 PM
ladyofthelake
I can't see how folks can complain about Ari's rankings.
They will when they don't like who she's been spending a lot of scenes with. ;)
Ah, Mason........wellspring of common sense! ;) I KNEW I liked you for a reason! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply