Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Galen Gering news ; **UPDATED 9/24**
Topic Started: Sep 20 2008, 12:52 AM (9,061 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 20 2008, 04:29 AM
Sindacco
Sep 20 2008, 03:49 AM
They better not recast Brandon :soapbox:
Better yet, how about they just keep the useless piece of shit character gone altogether?
I love Brandon so I would only accept Matt Cedeno. If he don't come back, I would rather see they leave the character of Brandon alone then recast.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

So, who is this mary, is she reliable, and why does she only post stuff about THIS guy if she's got inside scoop?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

this is terrible news. why is sami and the men that fall for her the focal point of the show right now? hogan tried that already, and it failed miserably. dena should know better than to put all her eggs in sweeney's basket. she just cannot carry the show.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

luvpumpkns
Sep 20 2008, 07:32 AM
this is terrible news. why is sami and the men that fall for her the focal point of the show right now? hogan tried that already, and it failed miserably. dena should know better than to put all her eggs in sweeney's basket. she just cannot carry the show.
It's also just a rumor at this point. If someone is signed to a contract, wouldn't that news have gotten out by now, or do they keep things hush-hush at times, and if so, why?

Sariah
Member Avatar

I don't think Philip will get a new girl, I think they'll reunite him with Chloe (I hope!). If the rumor is true, it sounds like BD might be the one without a storyline. Maybe he's the beloved vet that will be going?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sariah
Sep 20 2008, 07:39 AM
I don't think Philip will get a new girl, I think they'll reunite him with Chloe (I hope!). If the rumor is true, it sounds like BD might be the one without a storyline. Maybe he's the beloved vet that will be going?
Soooo, what does this have to do with Galen Gering? Man. Poor Lucas. Potential threat to two couples and people are calling for his head. :huh:
Oh, well. If this dude shows up, he shows up. I would hate to see Chloe and Philip together, because I would hate to have to FF through JKJ. I actually think Lucas and Chloe have this nice little lovebuddy vibe going. Nothing exciting, but cute to watch. Certainly, I think Lucas is being written better out of Sami's orbit for a while. And, I can even tolerate Chloe while she's with him. It's time to bring Belle back for Philip.
And, now, back to the topic...................I'm still interested in finding out who this famous mary is. Does she do Galen's laundry? Does she clean his house? Is her husband Galen's dentist? Is SHE Galen's dentist?
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 20 2008, 07:44 AM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Soooo, what does this have to do with Galen Gering?

Um, I said "If this rumor is true..." said rumor referring to Galen Gering joining the show as a love interest for Sami.

And I'm certainly not the first person who has speculated BD might be going. And I'm not the one who wrote Philip and Chloe flirting and kissing in the next two weeks - which might presumably lead one to imagine that the Lucas/Chloe pairing might soon be done.

In which case, as I said, if the Galen Gering rumor is true, it might mean BD is out of a job. I don't see where I called for his head - I wouldn't want BD to get fired - I think Lucas and Sami should reunite. But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

Alligato
Member Avatar

With Nicole being pregnant and without family, I could see them bringing back Brandon for her...and of course, craziness with Sami and Lexie/Abe would ensue.
Or maybe Nicole asks Brandon to come back and help her get Sami out of Ej's orbit so she can be with the daddy of her baby.
Or maybe Nicole calls Brandon for some money, and he comes back to see what is going on.

I think I might prefer this over them introducing a whole new character to get to know.
It might just be a short term thing for him.

Maybe Nicole calls Brandon to hook up with Sami, and it backfires and EJ gets jealous of Sami and Brandon...and Lucas comforts Nicole (cuz Chloe and Phillip are back) while EJ is freaking out...and EJ ends up alone again.

But not sure if I believe this...
There are so many possibilities with this.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

cjknick
Sep 20 2008, 05:10 AM
Giving the fact that Ali is going to be going on Maternity Leave and is going to be pregnant on the show with EJ's baby I think this would be an odd time to bring a new person in to play opposite her and put him on contract .... my guess is this is false unless he is the new recast ERIC!

This would be a brilliant time to bring Eric back .... Sami could scheme to get Nicole away from EJ by bringing back the only other man that Nicole has really ever loved Sami's twin brother Eric!
Eric? Really? Galen Gering as Eric? No way in hell.

I hope this is a completely brand new character and not a Brandon recast. While Matt Cedeno is hispanic, it's been stated that Brandon is half black. Galen is not going to be able to pass off as someone with a black father.

six
Member Avatar

I do remember a reliable source saying Days was looking to give a contract to a Latino man. Maybe it's Galen.

I don't see why they'd bring Brandon back- unless, wasn't he some sort of child therapist? Maybe if he does return, it will be for Theo.

That is a good point, Drew, but I don't think GG looks that much less black (even though he isn't half black) than Matt Cedeno. They both have similar coloration, hair etc.
Edited by six, Sep 20 2008, 10:33 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sariah
Sep 20 2008, 08:26 AM
Quote:

Um, I said "If this rumor is true..." said rumor referring to Galen Gering joining the show as a love interest for Sami.

And I'm certainly not the first person who has speculated BD might be going. And I'm not the one who wrote Philip and Chloe flirting and kissing in the next two weeks - which might presumably lead one to imagine that the Lucas/Chloe pairing might soon be done.

In which case, as I said, if the Galen Gering rumor is true, it might mean BD is out of a job. I don't see where I called for his head - I wouldn't want BD to get fired - I think Lucas and Sami should reunite. But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

Yes, but I'm sorry. I still see it as a way to get a BD dig in, especially since Galen was a token mention. And, I'm perfectly aware you're not the only one, and you're not the only one I've broached this subject to, so you need not feel singled out. I'm more than aware of how Lucas is viewed among certain, shall I say, Days party lines? :huh:
I assumed this thread was more speculation about that actor coming in, not who's going out.

c'est la vie. My opinion has been made, and will probably stay. Sorry if it seems unfair. But, until I see something to convince me otherwise, I'm going to keep it, just like you will probably keep your wish of seeing him gone.

Once again, I'm going back to speculate on Galen only. Can anyone direct me to any decent Passions scenes he was in so I can see if I'll be happy or throwing things if this comes to pass? I would appreciate it. The only times I ever watched Passions was maybe the last 5 minutes while waiting for Days to come on. I can't say it enthralled me any, but I'm not one for 24 hour camp unless it's old Batman or Star Trek episodes. :D
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 20 2008, 10:35 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

These Galen rumors have been popping up for months - how do we know this one is true???

I can't see them letting BD go unless he did or said something really bad....
Edited by cjknick, Sep 20 2008, 10:35 AM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Sindacco
ITA! I will only accept Matt C as Brandon.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

If true,CONGRATS Galen.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Sariah
Quote:

I'm sorry but BD needs to go. He's not even an actor, IMO. Like Hogan said, he's a joke!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Sep 20 2008, 10:34 AM
Sindacco
ITA! I will only accept Matt C as Brandon.
ITA! Matt is the ONLY Brandon!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 20 2008, 10:02 AM
cjknick
Sep 20 2008, 05:10 AM
Giving the fact that Ali is going to be going on Maternity Leave and is going to be pregnant on the show with EJ's baby I think this would be an odd time to bring a new person in to play opposite her and put him on contract .... my guess is this is false unless he is the new recast ERIC!

This would be a brilliant time to bring Eric back .... Sami could scheme to get Nicole away from EJ by bringing back the only other man that Nicole has really ever loved Sami's twin brother Eric!
Eric? Really? Galen Gering as Eric? No way in hell.

I hope this is a completely brand new character and not a Brandon recast. While Matt Cedeno is hispanic, it's been stated that Brandon is half black. Galen is not going to be able to pass off as someone with a black father.
Galen as Eric? :puke:

Forbes March would make an excellent Eric recast, IMO.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Sep 20 2008, 10:33 AM
These Galen rumors have been popping up for months - how do we know this one is true???

I can't see them letting BD go unless he did or said something really bad....
That's what I'd like to know.......who is this mary person, and why should she be believed? I mean, I've only seen this rumor when it's been posted here, and supposedly coming from her. Has it popped up from other sources?
And yes, if he did or said something really bad, as much as it would pain me (cause I hear he's a really cool guy), BD should be let go. As should anyone else. :hail:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Rakesh198
Sep 20 2008, 10:36 AM
Sariah
Quote:

I'm sorry but BD needs to go. He's not even an actor, IMO. Like Hogan said, he's a joke!
Uh, yeah, thank you for proving my previous point. :huh:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 20 2008, 10:38 AM
Rakesh198
Sep 20 2008, 10:36 AM
Sariah
Quote:

Uh, yeah, thank you for proving my previous point. :huh:
No problem. I was nice enough to get you something.

Spoiler: click to toggle

I hope you like it. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply