Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Galen Gering news ; **UPDATED 9/24**
Topic Started: Sep 20 2008, 12:52 AM (8,907 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

The news is REAL. It was posted by Jeanne at NBC and Jeanne wouldn't make up stuff. Jeanne is very trustworthy.
Edited by Rakesh198, Sep 20 2008, 11:35 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sariah
Sep 20 2008, 08:26 AM
Quote:

Soooo, what does this have to do with Galen Gering?

Um, I said "If this rumor is true..." said rumor referring to Galen Gering joining the show as a love interest for Sami.

And I'm certainly not the first person who has speculated BD might be going. And I'm not the one who wrote Philip and Chloe flirting and kissing in the next two weeks - which might presumably lead one to imagine that the Lucas/Chloe pairing might soon be done.

In which case, as I said, if the Galen Gering rumor is true, it might mean BD is out of a job. I don't see where I called for his head - I wouldn't want BD to get fired - I think Lucas and Sami should reunite. But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.
I agree with you, Sariah. It has nothing to do with wanting BD gone or not--my first thought was, does this really mean this guy (who I've never heard of since I watch no other soaps) is a new love interest for Sami? Hopefully that means EJole is a go. I guess it's possible that there could be a Lucas/Sami/new guy triangle, just like I guess there could still be a Lucas/Chloe/Philip triangle (please no). I mean, I fully acknowledge I want Lucas away from Chloe, because I would like for Philip and Chloe to try again, this time with some effort on Dena's part, but that's not why I'm wondering if BD might be getting edged out. His main reason for being on canvas for years was Sami. I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

Jonatha

Rakesh198
Sep 20 2008, 10:37 AM
DrewHamilton
Sep 20 2008, 10:02 AM
cjknick
Sep 20 2008, 05:10 AM
Giving the fact that Ali is going to be going on Maternity Leave and is going to be pregnant on the show with EJ's baby I think this would be an odd time to bring a new person in to play opposite her and put him on contract .... my guess is this is false unless he is the new recast ERIC!

This would be a brilliant time to bring Eric back .... Sami could scheme to get Nicole away from EJ by bringing back the only other man that Nicole has really ever loved Sami's twin brother Eric!
Eric? Really? Galen Gering as Eric? No way in hell.

I hope this is a completely brand new character and not a Brandon recast. While Matt Cedeno is hispanic, it's been stated that Brandon is half black. Galen is not going to be able to pass off as someone with a black father.
Galen as Eric? :puke:

Forbes March would make an excellent Eric recast, IMO.
Yes, I totally agree, Rakesh. I actually had a dream last night that Forbes was playing Eric on Days. I don't lie. :smile:

Pearly
Member Avatar

I definitely don't think he will be playing Eric but I don't think he'll be playing Brandon either. It says he'll be playing opposite Ali Sweeney, no where does it say a romantic opposite. It's a contract role which are usually 13 weeks, correct? For all we know, if this is true, Galen could just be playing Sami's captor while she gets kidnapped. :wink: :wink: The kidnapping is a theory that we've been contemplating at FL to cover for Ali's maternity leave.

Either way, IMO, I think everyone is blowing this rumor out of proportion.

ETA: Thanks Angie! :smile:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 20 2008, 12:16 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Sep 20 2008, 12:04 PM
Rakesh198
DrewHamilton
cjknick
Giving the fact that Ali is going to be going on Maternity Leave and is going to be pregnant on the show with EJ's baby I think this would be an odd time to bring a new person in to play opposite her and put him on contract .... my guess is this is false unless he is the new recast ERIC!

This would be a brilliant time to bring Eric back .... Sami could scheme to get Nicole away from EJ by bringing back the only other man that Nicole has really ever loved Sami's twin brother Eric!

I hope this is a completely brand new character and not a Brandon recast. While Matt Cedeno is hispanic, it's been stated that Brandon is half black. Galen is not going to be able to pass off as someone with a black father.

Yes, I totally agree, Rakesh. I actually had a dream last night that Forbes was playing Eric on Days. I don't lie. :smile:
That dream better come true! :)

Nicole Walker

I know Jeanne as well and she wouldn't make something like this up. She loves Galen so I would expect her to get any news on him. Whatever tips or scoops she gets she usually shared them with us when Passions was on, she was never wrong so I'm excited to see Galen on this show. I just hope he's not playing Brandon cause I can't see him as Brandon. I also agree that there is no mention of him being a romantic interest for Sami he could be a friend. I just don't want his character stuck with Sami. That's not right.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Sep 20 2008, 01:01 PM.

Jonatha

Rakesh198
Sep 20 2008, 12:11 PM
Jonatha
Rakesh198
DrewHamilton
cjknick

Don't put any pressure on me, Rakesh! :biggrin: But seriously, seeing Jay Johnson and Forbes March in a scene together is totally Swoon City for me. lol.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Sep 20 2008, 01:16 PM
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
DrewHamilton
cjknick

Don't put any pressure on me, Rakesh! :biggrin: But seriously, seeing Jay Johnson and Forbes March in a scene together is totally Swoon City for me. lol.
LOL

I bet you have naughty dreams! :D

Jonatha

Rakesh198
Sep 20 2008, 01:25 PM
Jonatha
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
DrewHamilton
cjknick

LOL

hehe, I'm so old, all I have left is my dreams. :biggrin:

But really, we all remember the audition script for Marc. The script where Marc tells Nicole he knew Brandon. That script was recently changed up a bit. But I do wonder if Galen has been picked for that part.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I'm sure Matt Cedeno would want to come back if offered. He did last year when Ken Corday called him up to see his availability.

So it makes more sense if Galen is playing this Mark guy and then maybe they will bring Brandon back eventually too in order to shore up Mark's place. Bringing family in helps Nicole too because, personally, it just seems odd that she is pouring her heart out to Phillip all the time as a plot point so we can see inside her head as to where she is at the moment. Phillip should hate Nicole and want nothing to do with her.

If Brandon was around, then Nicole could talk to him.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Sep 20 2008, 01:38 PM
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
DrewHamilton
cjknick

LOL

But really, we all remember the audition script for Marc. The script where Marc tells Nicole he knew Brandon. That script was recently changed up a bit. But I do wonder if Galen has been picked for that part.
You're never too old for anything. ;)

Mason
Member Avatar

Why, DAYS, WHY????

Did Marnie Saitta leave the show too? I can't understand how someone with such an awesome casting track record so far would hire a NON-actor like Gering (for a contract role, no less!).

This show is just determined to piss me the fuck off at every chance.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 20 2008, 02:04 PM
Why, DAYS, WHY????

Did Marnie Saitta leave the show too? I can't understand how someone with such an awesome casting track record so far would hire a NON-actor like Gering (for a contract role, no less!).

This show is just determined to piss me the fuck off at every chance.
Tomlin is with Days now... ;)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jonatha
Sep 20 2008, 01:38 PM
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
DrewHamilton
cjknick

LOL

Marc was already casted and has appeared twice already. Marc was Theo's doctor in early September.

I don't mind this. I like Matt Cedano but he wasn't the best actor. Galen is A BIT better. Not much but he has his moments. If he is Brandon, I can deal with it. He is somewhat similar to Matt and I think he would have nice chemistry with Ali. Matt and Ali had sizzling chemistry but I think Galen and her can be good too.

I'm all for Sami getting a new love interest. She brings down Lucas and EJ so I don't want her anywhere near them. I do think this is a Marnie Saitta move too. She hasn't left yet but Galen can act. He's isn't horrible. Sure, he won't any Emmy's but he isn't that bad. He has personality and he did ok at Passions. It's hard to judge many of the Passions actors since all they got was crap and, over the years, things got very repetitive. Galen really shined in the show's first few years and when he was paired with Fancy. I think his acting style fits with the Brandon character and he certainly can play a new character if need be. I think the show may also be counting on his popularity and his fanbase too.

Mason
Member Avatar

Galen might have been okay by PASSIONS standards, but by any other soap's acting standards, he's just a joke. This whole thing is one big joke, actually.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 20 2008, 02:09 PM
I think the show may also be counting on his popularity and his fanbase too.
They should get Lindsay then.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rakesh198
Sep 20 2008, 02:14 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 20 2008, 02:09 PM
I think the show may also be counting on his popularity and his fanbase too.
They should get Lindsay then.
If they did that, I would cry tears of joy.

This show should go hard after Lindsey Hartley and Emilyt Harper. They are at the age execs love and are both popular and talented.

Mason, it's hard to judge Galen based on Passions. He did have good moments on there with crap writing which is more then can be said for other actors on there like Wystrach, Bellani, and others. GH and Y&R wanted him in the past too and if Days is interested that means he has three quality casting directors interested in him. Sure, people can be wrong but 3 of them wanting him? They must be seeing something worth a damn or why would 3 of them be interested? Y&R was considering him to play Nick Newman for heaven's sake! GH has one of, if the best, casting directors around. Marnie is one of the best too. He must be doing something right.

We all thought Farah Fath and Kirsten Storms sucked and once they found roles that suited them, they improved and became favorites. You just never know. If a role suits an actor or actress, he or she can do much better. Galen may be better then many of us think. Passions isn't exactly a show that challenges actors or actresses. Besides, as I said, he had some good moments which is better then not having any.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 20 2008, 02:24 PM
Y&R was considering him to play Nick Newman for heaven's sake!
LoL, and then they put down the joints.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Sep 20 2008, 02:27 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 20 2008, 02:24 PM
Y&R was considering him to play Nick Newman for heaven's sake!
LoL, and then they put down the joints.
Actually, he agreed to stay with Passions and Morrow agreed to stay.

I do agree though...Galen Gering as Nick Newman...no way :laugh: .

King
Member Avatar

I mean...I will admit I think he is a better actor than the writing of PSNS allowed for.

But it's just the idea of him being SO unnecessary!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply