Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Once Again: Where is DAYS renewal annoucement?
Topic Started: Sep 20 2008, 11:51 PM (1,522 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

I read Ken Corday says that he hoped to announce the renewal of DAYS after Labor Day but yet there still no announcement yet. Are they renewed or not?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

they might as well be cancelled to me, i'm not watching.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Drew
Sep 21 2008, 12:04 AM
they might as well be cancelled to me, i'm not watching.
Same here.

Nothing interests me anymore. Absolutely nothing. Dena Higley has this uncanny knack for making the show completely unwatchable and past the point boring with me. It's worse than hating the show, because at least when you hate the show, you're having some kind of reaction. With Higley though, there's no reason... just complete boredom. That's worse than anything.

Mason
Member Avatar

Right now, I'm totally indifferent to DAYS. Higley has made it so that I just don't even care, no matter what happens on the show. For example, If a few years ago, Kate had gotten lung cancer, it would have been big to me. Now? Eh, I could care less. I feel like I have no reason to invest in anything anymore with this show.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think it would take a miracle to get me back at this point. After the Sheffer and Scott firings, the show has no desire to pull its ass out of the hole. If they want to make substandard, and outdated soap opera they're welcome to, I have other options thanks to bit torrent.

Hollyoaks is on fire right now.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I said several months ago that I would like the show to stop when they still have some dignity left. I still think so, now they are just slowly dying.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

My viewing has severely decreased over the last 6 months.

My interest is slowly going away and I am finding it MUCH easier to miss an episode than before.

The show is not horrible, but is not outstanding by any means. I feel like the show is just waiting to die or something.

It's sad really. I feel like I am just losing the soap opera bug completely, I dont watch ANY other shows at all anymore and don't care to ever again. I could careless what happens to soaps in general anymore. I also barely visit soap board, like this anymore. I just am totally indifferent.

DAYS is the last thing holding me to daytime. I fear that as I lose more and more time as I continue to grow older, that I will completely lose the show.

This summer was a major bummer. Trent/Melanie/Max/Stephanie/Chelsea/Daniel/Nick/Phorgan/Chucas/Film Noir/Hollingsworth Crap. This is NOT the stuff I want to see. Also I no longer want Sami with Lucas OR EJ, the show has driven me from LOVING Sami & Lucas, to practically hating both of them.

At this point I would be happy to see Sami/Lucas leave the show and rest the characters for awhile.

All of this while Hope/Bo/Steve/Kayla have been burning on backburner hell for months (outside of a few forced and forgotten moments here and there).

The absolute only thing holding my interest is Nicole (sans Film Noir) and Marlena/John/Stefano interaction and Kate's new cancer story. I also like that the show has been using Peggy McCay.

Lexie/Abe/Autistic Theo has been MEH, its not the worst, but it certainly is now gripping-can't-miss daytime television either.

DAYS needs to get SHELLE back pronto, axe Melanie/Trent/Max, get Chloe away from Lucas, keep Chelsea AWAY from Daniel.

Man, I truly hate that I feel this way about the show. Thank god I have other past storylines on youtube that I am rewatching and experiencing all over again.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 21 2008, 04:17 AM.

King
Member Avatar

I think the show sucked long, long, long, long, long, long before Higley.

But add me to the group who haven't watched in a few months.

FanODays

I agree, I can't blame Higley for the state of the show, but I can blame Corday and I do. This isn't the show that I knew and loved for decades. The characters, even the ones that I knew and loved don't interest me and I find that to be very sad.

I don't think the return of any characters will do it. They can write a good show with who they have but they simply don't know how. Currently we are seeing some bad rip off of GH rather than Days a show that was know for romance and adventure. When was the last time we had a love story?

Ellie

I agree that the show is not what it used to be, but that doesn't mean I want it to be canceled. I don't! What I'd like is for Dena Higley to be replaced with someone who can actually write, and for the show to be renewed. I think Days has such a large "potential audience". We've seen them come back when the stories start to improve, and I think they'd come back again. People here have talked about "Dena won, Ed was fired", or "Dena won, Martha was fired." What I DON'T want to hear is, "Dena won, the show's over after 43 years." Let's get Dena out of the picture so that we can enjoy even a semblance of the Days we all know and love.
Edited by Ellie, Sep 21 2008, 11:34 AM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I'm sure NBC cancelled Days and they are busy selling it to DirecTV.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

I heard it was supposed to come after the olympics,at a fan event Drake said the contract is up in March 09,but should expect an announcement about the future soon.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I don't like it.... If the show is being cancelled, they'd just as soon keep that under their hats, and the reason is because if they are shopping the show around, they don't want viewers tuning out in droves knowing that the show would soon be gone - they'd have nothing to sell.

I hope we hear something soon either way. I get tired of wondering about Days fate all the time.

annalee003
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 21 2008, 11:33 AM
I agree that the show is not what it used to be, but that doesn't mean I want it to be canceled. I don't! What I'd like is for Dena Higley to be replaced with someone who can actually write, and for the show to be renewed. I think Days has such a large "potential audience". We've seen them come back when the stories start to improve, and I think they'd come back again. People here have talked about "Dena won, Ed was fired", or "Dena won, Martha was fired." What I DON'T want to hear is, "Dena won, the show's over after 43 years." Let's get Dena out of the picture so that we can enjoy even a semblance of the Days we all know and love.
I agree. I don't love it but I don't want it canceled.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

If the show was cancelled, it would leak out by now.

That and why would the show go and get Tomlin and a new co-HW while also making cast cuts and putting out casting calls?

If the show were going, all that would not be happening. They would begin the process of closing things out around right now since they would be ending in March and you would see some hints from cast members and the like. Maybe they wouldn't come out and tell you but you could tell if they were lying to you or if something was going on.

Corday seemed pretty sure of himself the last time he spoke, more sure then he has been in awhile. I think money is holding this up. The fact that they are hesitant about cutting whoever this mystery vet is maybe is holding it up. Maybe they were told to axe a certain amount of money and Corday is trying to decide who to get rid of and whether or not it should be this so called "beloved vet."

Whatever the case, I would NEVER wish or say I want a soap cancelled. If others do, that's fine but, personally, even if you don't like a show at the moment, chances are that someone does or still does. Not only that but you never know how much you miss something until it's gone. People said the same shit about AW and the following Monday people were lost without it and the hurt of losing it is still there.

I've seen more positive reaction to the show of late then negative so that is a good thing. The right people are on the frontburner and there is some stuff coming for Bo/Hope/Steve/Kayla. I really don't get people complaining about the balance or who has been on since the right people are tops in episode counts this year and all have had meaty material this year. Storylines ebb and flow. It just can't be the same select few all the time.

I know this is more about Higley then anything else but let's remember there were people who felt the same as some in this thread about Hogan, about JER (both times), about B&C, about Langan, and about SSM. It all depends on what you like and whose style you like. For some (like me), it doesn't matter as long as it's still entertaining to them. For others, it does. However, just because the show isn't pleasing you or giving you what you want doesn't mean you write it off or wish ill upon it. Otherwise, how can it ever get better for YOU. It needs to still be on for that to happen. Cancellation is the easy way out. You will always think about what could've been and it will hurt. No matter how much one may hate the show right now. It will hurt if the show goes. If you don't like the show right now, that is fine but the cancellation talk does no good to those who are enjoying it or to those who still maintain hope that things will get better. Society in itself is very negative right now and hopeless, in some senses, so to let that permeate into the daytime world and, particularly in this case, into the Days discussion does no one any favors. I think we all know daytime is dying and if Days is dying, so be it. However, constant reminders of it just cause unnecessary upset to those enjoying the show or to those who still want to maintain hope. I feel like this about any show. Until it actually happens and is confirmed, I just feel it's better to either hope for the best and try to stay away from talking about the worse. I'm not saying don't talk about cancellation, It's all in how you do it. To come out and just say "Kill it" or to say something that seems to have selfish connotations (meaning only wanting it gone because it's not pleasing you or not giving you what you want) I just don't think is right personally. Not telling people what to do or anything. This is just how I feel about the situation and I don't mean no offense. It's just the way I feel.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 21 2008, 12:37 PM
If the show was cancelled, it would leak out by now.

That and why would the show go and get Tomlin and a new co-HW while also making cast cuts and putting out casting calls?

If the show were going, all that would not be happening. They would begin the process of closing things out around right now since they would be ending in March and you would see some hints from cast members and the like. Maybe they wouldn't come out and tell you but you could tell if they were lying to you or if something was going on.

Corday seemed pretty sure of himself the last time he spoke, more sure then he has been in awhile. I think money is holding this up. The fact that they are hesitant about cutting whoever this mystery vet is maybe is holding it up. Maybe they were told to axe a certain amount of money and Corday is trying to decide who to get rid of and whether or not it should be this so called "beloved vet."

Whatever the case, I would NEVER wish or say I want a soap cancelled. If others do, that's fine but, personally, even if you don't like a show at the moment, chances are that someone does or still does. Not only that but you never know how much you miss something until it's gone. People said the same shit about AW and the following Monday people were lost without it and the hurt of losing it is still there.

I've seen more positive reaction to the show of late then negative so that is a good thing. The right people are on the frontburner and there is some stuff coming for Bo/Hope/Steve/Kayla. I really don't get people complaining about the balance or who has been on since the right people are tops in episode counts this year and all have had meaty material this year. Storylines ebb and flow. It just can't be the same select few all the time.

I know this is more about Higley then anything else but let's remember there were people who felt the same as some in this thread about Hogan, about JER (both times), about B&C, about Langan, and about SSM. It all depends on what you like and whose style you like. For some (like me), it doesn't matter as long as it's still entertaining to them. For others, it does. However, just because the show isn't pleasing you or giving you what you want doesn't mean you write it off or wish ill upon it. Otherwise, how can it ever get better for YOU. It needs to still be on for that to happen. Cancellation is the easy way out. You will always think about what could've been and it will hurt. No matter how much one may hate the show right now. It will hurt if the show goes. If you don't like the show right now, that is fine but the cancellation talk does no good to those who are enjoying it or to those who still maintain hope that things will get better. Society in itself is very negative right now and hopeless, in some senses, so to let that permeate into the daytime world and, particularly in this case, into the Days discussion does no one any favors. I think we all know daytime is dying and if Days is dying, so be it. However, constant reminders of it just cause unnecessary upset to those enjoying the show or to those who still want to maintain hope. I feel like this about any show. Until it actually happens and is confirmed, I just feel it's better to either hope for the best and try to stay away from talking about the worse. I'm not saying don't talk about cancellation, It's all in how you do it. To come out and just say "Kill it" or to say something that seems to have selfish connotations (meaning only wanting it gone because it's not pleasing you or not giving you what you want) I just don't think is right personally. Not telling people what to do or anything. This is just how I feel about the situation and I don't mean no offense. It's just the way I feel.
Posted Image

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 21 2008, 11:33 AM
A-MEN!!!!!!!!

:rockon: :applause:

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

This is one thing I don't think Corday has been dishonest on. I do think NBC has tenatively agreed to renew the show but they don't want to give Days the "bare minimum" budget Corday wanted. I think Corday gambled back in May when ratings were 2.2s to try to get a better budget promising ratings would go up or at least stay up. Then ratings went down and hit all-time lows again and now NBC wants to cut their offer further. Corday is gambling again.

The show will get renewed but the budget slashed further which makes it harder to produce a good show especially without any writing talent to speak about.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I should clarify that I absolutely DO NOT want the so cancelled no matter what!!!

I still think the show can turn it around and I desperately am hoping it is has been renewed.

Mason
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 21 2008, 04:03 PM
I should clarify that I absolutely DO NOT want the so cancelled no matter what!!!

I still think the show can turn it around and I desperately am hoping it is has been renewed.

Ditto.

When I say "I don't care anymore" regarding DAYS, I mean that I don't give two shits about what's actually happening on the show, and not whether it gets renewed or not, LoL. OF COURSE I want DAYS renewed!
Edited by Mason, Sep 21 2008, 04:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply