Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings; Plus: Guest star Daytime Emmy nominees
Topic Started: Sep 22 2008, 12:52 PM (973 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Nelson+Ratings+September+22+2008/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/080922_ratings_nelson_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson. I hope they do the guest category. I would like to see Shirley Jones winning it too.

Mason

Dinah and Grady? Ewwww. :puke:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Good stuff as usual! It IS embarrasing that an Oscar Winning actress like Shirley Jones could be ignored because they can't come up with an appropriate category. Several years ago,ANOTHER Oscar winner, George Kennedy, deserved to be recognized as Albert Miller, Victor's incredibly awful father on Y&R. He brought out some of Eric Braeden's best acting EVER IMO!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Mason
Sep 22 2008, 01:31 PM
Dinah and Grady? Ewwww. :puke:
Well Dinah needs SOMEBODY! :funny: And GT has chemistry with everyone she performs opposite. Grady IS quite the sleaze however.

Mason

IMO, Dinah hasn't had a successful pairing since GT's been in the role - and that includes Mallet. I'm still pissed that she and Alan-Michael were never put together when Michael Dempsey was still on the show.

constie

I love Carolyn Hennesy as Diane on GH!!

Quote:

Top 3 Super-Duos to Watch:
1. Amber and Daniel, Y&R

The only thing about the pairing of Daniel & Amber these days, is watching Aussileen trying to play Colleen... UGH!! Enough already! :frustration:
Edited by constie, Sep 22 2008, 04:22 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Shirley Jones is a good choice for the winner, but I'd pick Cady McClain(ex-Dixie). Some of the picks to be nominees aren't guest stars, but recurring---Carolyn Hennessy, Pamela Payton-Wright, Andrea Evans(is contract), Tamara Braun also was contract & Finola Hughes is now recurring.

Glad you put AMC's Pete & Colby as promising couple. I agree. They've got great chemistry and Brianne Moncrief has made Colby her own imho. She's come along greatly and is doing good as Colby.

Glad ONE LIFE is not on your list to avoid this week.

Quote Post Goto Top

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Ran into Adrienne Frantz last nite at the TV Guide Emmy party, and she shed some insight into why Amber and Daniel have mucho chemistry. The guest star category would have to include recurring in order to fill it out. Anyway, the traditional prime time definition includes recurring characters/actors. Evans isn't on contract... yet. Unless you know something I don't. The men should be more exciting next week. Tuc Watkins, etc.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Thanks, Nelson! :)

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Oh, right you got me on Tamara but it was a short term contract, one could consider it a guest starring stint. Hmmm... looks like NATAS will have to iron out the deets should they introduce this category. And we all know how good they are at that! LOL!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Nelson, have you heard anything about Galen Gering joining the cast of DAYS? Besides from here, of course. :wink:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 22 2008, 05:18 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Yep, just waiting to hear back from Days for more. Know nothing more than you guys do at this point.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 22 2008, 02:58 PM
IMO, Dinah hasn't had a successful pairing since GT's been in the role - and that includes Mallet. I'm still pissed that she and Alan-Michael were never put together when Michael Dempsey was still on the show.
I loved her and Jonathan, I thought they had astronomical amounts of chemistry and were so deliciously bad together. I'm still bitter they weren't written as a "real", long term couple.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 22 2008, 05:46 PM.

Mason

DolceDiMera
Sep 22 2008, 05:44 PM
I loved her and Jonathan, I thought they had astronomical amounts of chemistry and were so deliciously bad together. I'm still bitter they weren't written as a "real", long term couple.
OMG! I CANNOT believe I forgot Jonathan and Dinah! They were HAWT! And ITA with you! Fuck Jammy! LoL

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I've seen nice Jammy montages on Youtube. They are hot. Mason is just being a hater. LOL

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Not having a category for someone like Shirley Jones won't hinder them for giving her a nom if they want too. Uta Hagen was on OLTL for a total of 5 days and got a Supporting Actress Nomination.

Genie Francis was only on a few weeks and actually won Supporting Actress.

And so on.

and they will definitely have a lot to iron out if they include recurring because if they do Guiding Light could submit someone like Beth Chamberlin who is on all the time but doesn't have a contract with the show. She has chosen to stay recurring in case something else comes up.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Steve Frame
Sep 22 2008, 07:17 PM
Not having a category for someone like Shirley Jones won't hinder them for giving her a nom if they want too. Uta Hagen was on OLTL for a total of 5 days and got a Supporting Actress Nomination.

Genie Francis was only on a few weeks and actually won Supporting Actress.

And so on.

and they will definitely have a lot to iron out if they include recurring because if they do Guiding Light could submit someone like Beth Chamberlin who is on all the time but doesn't have a contract with the show. She has chosen to stay recurring in case something else comes up.
Good point! I totally blanked out on the Uta Hagen nomination! Do you know how much of the regular GL cast is non-contract? It seems that I read quite a few of the actors we see regularly are on recurring status! Of course, my memory seems to get worse by the day!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

These are the recurring cast members - some are seen a lot and some not:

Kim Brockington, Orlagh Cassidy, Beth Chamberlin, Carey Cromelin, Robert Danza Jr., Marj Dusay, Elizabeth Keifer, Maeve Kinkead, Yvonne Kopacz-Wright, Kurt McKinney, Narlee Rae, Gil Rogers, Tina Sloan, & Montel Williams

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Sep 22 2008, 07:12 PM
I've seen nice Jammy montages on Youtube. They are hot. Mason is just being a hater. LOL
They are also blood related first cousins.

Jammy never lit my fire. I loved Jonah and later Jizzie.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply