Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of September 22, 2008
Topic Started: Sep 22 2008, 02:11 PM (8,933 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Okay. So what was the deal with Vic acting out of character? Is it because he didn't press fraud charges against Nicole? He insisted on getting his money back, and commented that he really didn't care that she was feeling sick! If he would have let her keep the money, then maybe OOC.

I really think that Victor kind of likes Nicole in his own way...like he said, she was always entertaining. Kind of like how Vic likes Kate even though he knows that she is pretty underhanded and does some rotten things.
I love watching Victor and Nicole...or maybe I just love watching Victor. He was always my favorite...and always scared me way more than Stefano.
Hope Vic steps up to care for Caroline in the next few weeks! Love when that man is protective!

Kudos to Lexie telling off Stefano, but it does come out of a weird place. It's not like Stefano has ever asked Lexie to do any of his bidding...or has he? Lexie was a little over the top today too. Her first scene made me laugh. So was Max. Tired of raging Max already.

Today's show wasn't too bad...there was movement and excitement.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 22 2008, 02:36 PM
Kudos to Lexie telling off Stefano, but it does come out of a weird place. It's not like Stefano has ever asked Lexie to do any of his bidding...or has he?
Are you forgetting the baby switch? That was all a result of Stefano wanting Lexie to raise a child the thought was his. He used Lexie and her emotions for his own sick desire to have "his" child raised in the DiMera household while Bo and Hope got Marlo's baby.

Lexie most certainly has been used by Stefano, just as much as Tony and EJ.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Sep 22 2008, 03:11 PM.

peaches179

The only part about today's show that I enjoyed was the Stefano/Lexie scenes. Joe/Renee are amazing in scenes together.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

peaches179
Sep 22 2008, 03:11 PM
The only part about today's show that I enjoyed was the Stefano/Lexie scenes. Joe/Renee are amazing in scenes together.
ITA 100%!

I'm hoping something happens that brings Lexie back into Stefano's arms, despite her claiming that he is dead to her today.

I love seeing Abe and Lexie being used so much. I feel like they're lead characters, shockingly! Remember when Abe and Lexie's storyline was only seen 2 or 3 times a month, only to be forgotten about for a month and then resurrected once or twice the following month.

jane1978

I must say I really liked the show today. The Trent murder mystery styline build up had a distinctive Reilly feeling with all the charactger revealing their motives, but I didnīt mind, I think it actually helped to build up the excitement.

I love the writing for Nicol. I quess the Trent/Nicole marriage revelation was Scottīs idea because as soon as Dena took control again she revealed it and get rid of it without even slight fanfare. Dena makes it very clear Nicol is the sympathetic one in this story and I really love all the nuances AZ is integrating into her character. I also love her dynamic with Victor. I deifinitely agree he still has a soft spot for her.

Molly Burnett is really growing on me and I hope she will not be let go like some rumour said. In the few episodes she was on she already fully restored the failed dynamics between the Nick/Max/Chelsea/Stephanie quadro and now all the characters are interesting again. I love Max as the protecting brother. I love Chelsea finally realizing her huge mistake letting Nick go. I love Nick as Melanieīs hero. I even donīt mind Stefanie as the concerned girlfriend because this time her worry is real and justified. IMO, itīs one of the most interesting stories right now and Iīm really looking forward to the murder mystery.

Btw. itīs really interesting how nobody ever mentions Melanieīs mother so I think the original Denaīs plan was to reveal Nicol as her mother but Scott changed it at the last moment and we got the marriage revelation instead. Either that, or they are atleast still toying with the idea.

The talk between Lexie and Stephano was nothing short of wonderfull and Lexie played the still caring but not wavering daughter of a bad guy so well. It was exactly the right amount of concern with much more disgust completed together. Really nice touch.

Anyway, today it was the first time I had a feeliing the show is really getting together again. All seemed to have a clear direction and there was no wavering. Even the editing and cuts between scenes seemed to be much more thoughtfull. I hope it means the mess is finally behind us and there are some strong DAYS ahead. Gary Tomlin certainly seems to be determined to bring the excitement back.

Mason
Member Avatar

jane1978
Sep 22 2008, 03:17 PM
Gary Tomlin certainly seems to be determined to bring the excitement back.
Well, he has his work cut out for him, that's for damn sure.

peaches179

DrewHamilton
Sep 22 2008, 03:13 PM
peaches179
ITA 100%!

I'm hoping something happens that brings Lexie back into Stefano's arms, despite her claiming that he is dead to her today.

I love seeing Abe and Lexie being used so much. I feel like they're lead characters, shockingly! Remember when Abe and Lexie's storyline was only seen 2 or 3 times a month, only to be forgotten about for a month and then resurrected once or twice the following month.

James/Renee have been rocking in their scenes. I hope it keeps up. I hope we get lots of Stefano/Lexie/Abe interaction! :D

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

peaches179
See, they didn't do anything for me. I was really looking forward to them too. Most of the time RJ just fails to impress me. Sometimes she does but overall not so much.

Had to laugh at Chelsea being all jealous now of Mick. In spite of Rm's constant comments that it's unrealistic for Chelsea to go back to Nick (honestly I find it one of the most realistic stories on this show) I find it very much within character for her to be jealous of another girl. Loved Stephanie telling her that she dumped Nick.

Molly is still impressing me. Can't wait to see her scenes tomorrow.

The suspects are really lining up for Trent huh?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 22 2008, 03:31 PM
Had to laugh at Chelsea being all jealous now of Mick. In spite of Rm's constant comments that it's unrealistic for Chelsea to go back to Nick (honestly I find it one of the most realistic stories on this show) I find it very much within character for her to be jealous of another girl. Loved Stephanie telling her that she dumped Nick.
I have to agree. Chelsea is a jealous character and for her to see someone else interested in Nick, she'd spaz out for sure. Chelsea's one of those people that once she's dated you, you're almost like her property and no one else is allowed to touch it, even though she doesn't want it.

ginababe
BANNED

If it's true that GG is coming to days, on today's US eppy, stefano mentioned a dr. from Germany who can come to care exclusively for theo.. intersting.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ginababe
Sep 22 2008, 03:45 PM
If it's true that GG is coming to days, on today's US eppy, stefano mentioned a dr. from Germany who can come to care exclusively for theo.. intersting.
Haha, and this miracle doctor probably has the cure for autism. :eyeroll:

peaches179

DrewHamilton
Sep 22 2008, 03:46 PM
ginababe
Sep 22 2008, 03:45 PM
Haha, and this miracle doctor probably has the cure for autism. :eyeroll:

:roflol:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

jane1978
Btw. itīs really interesting how nobody ever mentions Melanieīs mother so I think the original Denaīs plan was to reveal Nicol as her mother but Scott changed it at the last moment and we got the marriage revelation instead. Either that, or they are atleast still toying with the idea.
I still am hoping not. I don't see how Nicole could have completely forgotten that she was pregnant for presumably nine months and had a child. There was no hint of any of that when she discussed Melanie with Trent. Not to say that couldn't be retconned but I would absolutely hate it. What have we ever seen on screen--not just speculation--that would support a theory that Nicole is Melanie's mother?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 22 2008, 03:48 PM
I still am hoping not. I don't see how Nicole could have completely forgotten that she was pregnant for presumably nine months and had a child. There was no hint of any of that when she discussed Melanie with Trent. Not to say that couldn't be retconned but I would absolutely hate it. What have we ever seen on screen--not just speculation--that would support a theory that Nicole is Melanie's mother?
Agreed. And I don't want to hear no damn excuse about how Nicole was drugged so that she doesn't remember giving birth.

ilovemydays

Paxton
Sep 22 2008, 03:48 PM
jane1978
I had been speculating that Nicole had left Trent while she was pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption thinking Trent never knew. Then I thought Dena had dropped it but lately I've noticed that Nicole has never really seen Melanie. Everytime one of them enters the pub the other one leaves.

As for Victor, after his phone call today I thought that maybe he already knew that Nicole had married Trent and he paid Trent to come to town and lie about not getting a divorce so he could screw Nicole out of her settlement. Its not like Victor couldn't make the older paperwork disappear and it might make for a juicy story later once Caroline finds out that Victor set so much drama in motion just to keep Nicole from getting some money.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

ilovemydays
Sep 22 2008, 04:11 PM
I had been speculating that Nicole had left Trent while she was pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption thinking Trent never knew. Then I thought Dena had dropped it but lately I've noticed that Nicole has never really seen Melanie. Everytime one of them enters the pub the other one leaves.

As for Victor, after his phone call today I thought that maybe he already knew that Nicole had married Trent and he paid Trent to come to town and lie about not getting a divorce so he could screw Nicole out of her settlement. Its not like Victor couldn't make the older paperwork disappear and it might make for a juicy story later once Caroline finds out that Victor set so much drama in motion just to keep Nicole from getting some money.

I still don't see how that works, though, because I would have thought we would have gotten some hint that Nicole has more secrets relating to Trent. I can't believe she wouldn't have told EJ when she confessed to him that Trent was blackmailing her. I just don't see it. Not trying to be argumentative, and heaven knows the show pulls stuff from nowhere all the freaking time, but this is one of those times that if they do I'll be furious.

Now, I do love your idea about Victor! It certainly makes more sense than Victor never having checked out Nicole's past and finding out she was married, (although I don't see Victor paying the money first if he knew that already). That would be one convenient fact I wouldn't mind finding out later.
Edited by Paxton, Sep 22 2008, 04:22 PM.

jane1978

Paxton
Sep 22 2008, 04:22 PM
I still don't see how that works, though, because I would have thought we would have gotten some hint that Nicole has more secrets relating to Trent. I can't believe she wouldn't have told EJ when she confessed to him that Trent was blackmailing her. I just don't see it. Not trying to be argumentative, and heaven knows the show pulls stuff from nowhere all the freaking time, but this is one of those times that if they do I'll be furious.
You are right, but letīs not forget the show was written by Scott and his team for a while. He could simply nix the idea. Iīm not saying itīs sure but something is definitely up in the air because the way everybody just ignores Melanie has to have mother is suspicious. I mean thatīs one of the first thing I would ask for sure, especially seeing what creep her father is.

I would also not make much from what Nicol said about her marriage so far. She is obviously ashamed and she is admitting only as little as possible. She doesnīt have any reason to admit being pregnant with his child.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was a fantastic episode. I will offer up more thoughts later but I just had to note this before I forget.

Did anyone notice Days' new "Your watching Days" promo that comes before the commercials on the second to last segment? They actually used Ali and not a picture of her. I LOVE that and hope we get to see many actors and actresses do that. It's very classy and so much better then photo stills. I really like NBC's new look for the Fall season and Days' new look in the promos looks great. I also couldn't help but chuckle when Ali had to plug the Days Insider blog for the promo and said something like "Get all the backstage dish at NBC.com" or something like that. It just reminded me of all the rumors concerning Ali and all the other backstage stuff and I actually said right out we already have plenty of backstage dirt, no need to consult the Insider Blog :laugh: .

One thing is for sure...Ali is going nowhere if she's involved in this. Why use her if they had any ideas of firing her at some point?

ginababe
BANNED

I agree Phoenix! Ali isn't going anywhere!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply