Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; For the week of September 22, 2008
Topic Started: Sep 22 2008, 02:11 PM (8,823 Views)
ilovemydays

Paxton
Sep 22 2008, 04:22 PM
ilovemydays
Sep 22 2008, 04:11 PM
I had been speculating that Nicole had left Trent while she was pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption thinking Trent never knew. Then I thought Dena had dropped it but lately I've noticed that Nicole has never really seen Melanie. Everytime one of them enters the pub the other one leaves.

As for Victor, after his phone call today I thought that maybe he already knew that Nicole had married Trent and he paid Trent to come to town and lie about not getting a divorce so he could screw Nicole out of her settlement. Its not like Victor couldn't make the older paperwork disappear and it might make for a juicy story later once Caroline finds out that Victor set so much drama in motion just to keep Nicole from getting some money.

I still don't see how that works, though, because I would have thought we would have gotten some hint that Nicole has more secrets relating to Trent. I can't believe she wouldn't have told EJ when she confessed to him that Trent was blackmailing her. I just don't see it. Not trying to be argumentative, and heaven knows the show pulls stuff from nowhere all the freaking time, but this is one of those times that if they do I'll be furious.

Now, I do love your idea about Victor! It certainly makes more sense than Victor never having checked out Nicole's past and finding out she was married, (although I don't see Victor paying the money first if he knew that already). That would be one convenient fact I wouldn't mind finding out later.

No worries. I actually see your point. I just thought they were going to go there at one point and then there was the shake-up behind the scenes and now I haven't a clue where they are going to go with Melanie. Even though I was expecting RB to leave they did drop Trent rather quickly.I wonder how much of his storyline will get scrapped with his hasty exit.

Its possible, that Nicole didn't talk about giving up her child (if they go that way) because she felt she had to forget it happened in order to protect the child from Trent ever finding out.

I just keep going back to that script when Melanie was talking to Will. Maybe they had to Will's return until after Ali got back from maternity leave or maybe it was just a random script or maybe it was scrapped with the writer changes. I do find the idea of Nicole's daughter and Sami's son dating somewhat intriguing. I think a recast of Will would be needed to pull it off though.
Edited by ilovemydays, Sep 22 2008, 05:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Pheonix - I thought the same thing when Ali is promoting the Days Insider Blog...except it does not dish about the behind the scenes stuff...just Dena talking about her kids and maybe a small mention of "shaking things up" with a couple or two. Ali hasn't blogged in months about the show.

But yea, if they have Ali do it, that diva ain't going anywhere!!!
Loved the new fall look! Wonder if any of that had to do with Ed or Gary!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great show..I'm really liking the Trent sent up...And Lexie and Stefano was just too good to be true...I recommend Kenny, King, Nubia and the other old school fans watch those scenes at least..Renee Jones was just on fire today..You can tell she is loving being on the frontburner after all these years..

Also really enjoyed Nicole and Victor, its been great getting so much of Victor lately..As well as Caroline..And finally, i'm back to liking Chelsea again...She fits so much better in a story with Nick and Melanie, than in a fucked up love triangle with Dan and Kate..

Days4Life

I noticed the spot with Ali at the last commercial break, and I also was amused when she was talking about getting the "backstage dish" at NBC.com. I had the same thought...if they were using her for this spot, being full aware of all the speculation about her, she's not going anywhere.

As for today's show, I enjoyed it. I liked the Victor/Nicole scenes. Their sparring back and forth is so much fun, and I loved Victor laughing at the end of Nicole's sad tale. He knows her well enough to see through her manipulations, even though he did believe she was a victim of Trent. I'm intrigued by the call to Niko and based on what he said to Bo, I'm thinking maybe he's planning on having Trent roughed up a little, to defend Nicole's honor. Twisted, I know, considering he's taking back her divorce settlement, but those two have always had a very unusual relationship.

Lexie and Stefano were good, except for her entrance, which was over-done. I love how hurt and indignant Stefano is over the way his children treated him, conveniently forgetting all the horrible things he's done to them! JM does a great job with having his eyes well up with tears and the facial expressions--I almost felt sorry for him myself.

They are going the typical DAYS route with setting up this murder mystery...everyone has a motive, everyone is making public threats, people mysteriously go off on their own, etc. I loved Caroline getting all protective of Max and taking on Trent, but I hate the rage-filled version of Max we're seeing again. Maybe he will kill Trent and go to prison for murder for the rest of his life.....only, of course, it would only be about eight weeks because Caroline or Stephanie would go to Roman and cry and beg a little bit and he would come up with some scheme where Max could rat out a drug dealer, get beat up and have his sentence commuted.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 22 2008, 05:35 PM
They are going the typical DAYS route with setting up this murder mystery...everyone has a motive, everyone is making public threats, people mysteriously go off on their own, etc. I loved Caroline getting all protective of Max and taking on Trent, but I hate the rage-filled version of Max we're seeing again. Maybe he will kill Trent and go to prison for murder for the rest of his life.....only, of course, it would only be about eight weeks because Caroline or Stephanie would go to Roman and cry and beg a little bit and he would come up with some scheme where Max could rat out a drug dealer, get beat up and have his sentence commuted.
At least these characters have motives to kill Trent, because he's a creep..Remember at the start of the serial killer storyline, when in a span of 2 or 3 days everyone wanted to kill Abe...That was so unbelievable..
Edited by Kevc1980, Sep 22 2008, 09:45 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

DAYS has been solid the last 4 or 5 shows and today was no different.

Lexie/Stefano scenes: Loved these! Finally someone telling Stefano just how bad and selfish he has been as a father. RJ and JM were awesome, loving RJ getting all this airtime.

I am liking all this Trent stuff, but damn this ultimate fighter Max is just too much. It's stupid that no one seems to be able to stop Max, not even Bo or Steve. Please! I would hate to lose Molly Burnett, she really is a true find. I am glad Caroline is involved as well.

John Aniston is just the man, with him and Joe Mascalo I really can't complain too much about DAYS. They are two of my all time favorite actors on DAYS. Loved seeing Victor taunt Nicole while she was telling him about her past with Trent.

Great show today.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Days really has so much potential out of a Nick, Melanie, Chelsea triangle..It really seems like Chelsea is back where she belongs and i'm finally enjoying her again..As opposed to becoming one of my least favorite characters when paired with Dr. Dan...

With the two latest castings i'm kind of hoping Dan is on his way out at the end of the year...Then maybe we can be done with medical stories for a while..

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kevc1980
Sep 22 2008, 10:11 PM
Days really has so much potential out of a Nick, Melanie, Chelsea triangle..It really seems like Chelsea is back where she belongs and i'm finally enjoying her again..As opposed to becoming one of my least favorite characters when paired with Dr. Dan...

With the two latest castings i'm kind of hoping Dan is on his way out at the end of the year...Then maybe we can be done with medical stories for a while..
Well, I wouldn't be shocked if SC ran as hard as he could when his contract was up, but I am looking forward to the Date story. I've wanted a real Kate love interest forever. And he better not be gone before I get to see their love scene. I'm still pissed we've yet to see any hint of a flashback of that while suffering for months of channage.

I'm loving the triangle with Nick at the center (resisting the urge to make a RIGHT triangle joke, oh wait, too late!) I've suffered for nearly 2 years watching them run down the character constantly as if no girl would give him the time of day while supposedly Chelsea is the hottest girl in Salem. I just hope they won't screw this up.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Sep 22 2008, 10:11 PM

PLease. Dr. Dan's not going anywhere. Bet you he becomes the new SOC.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Sep 22 2008, 09:45 PM
Days4Life
At least these characters have motives to kill Trent, because he's a creep..Remember at the start of the serial killer storyline, when in a span of 2 or 3 days everyone wanted to kill Abe...That was so unbelievable..
I agree. The buildup is only needed for characters like Steve, Kayla, and maybe even Victor. We already had quire lengthy suspect list before this so this really isn't forced at all. As Jane pointed out, the JER'-like buildup is not sticking out too much because it's actually progressing things. Sure, the foreshadowing is beating you over the head now but the past few months many fans have clamored for that. They want buildup like that and one thing it shows is that the show has direction. I did like the way we saw everyone's reactions today. Loved Caroline. Molly Burnett continues to impress and Blake is shining right now. Chelsea has not regressed but has had edge back, which I was worried about. I wanted her edge but not her going back to pre-Hogan. She's back to herself and Stax is even tolerable. Sure, Max's anger is annoying but it's giving him and Stephanie more to do besides sit around and I'm glad to see Steve, Kayla, Bo, and Hope involved. As others pointed out, the young cast dynamic is back in form with Chelsea/Nick/Melanie/Max/Stephanie. They are interesting again.

I also have to talk about the Victor/Nicole scenes as another poster mentioned concern on Friday about Victor being out of character. I disagree completely. What I liked most is that the Victor/Nicole dynamic was back in full force, right from his asking what she was babbling about in the first scene. His reaction to learning the truth was true to form, especially his laughing and questioning her using her sad story to convince him to let her keep the money. You could tell when Nicole got into the abuse part of her story that Victor was emotionally effected. The expression on his face changed (good acting by John Aniston) and that led to some things later on like his mentioning to Bo and Hope that he wouldn't press fraud charges, saying her losing his money would satisfy as the punishment for her deceiving him so there was no need to press charges. He recognized she was a victim and you could tell a part of him still recognizes the hell she has had to ensure in her life. He still has a soft spot for her deep down, much like he does Kate. I think that all tied in with his phone call. He is clearly going to do something to Trent and it will be interesting to see what. Love that we got a Nico mention. Haven't heard about him in awhile. Also, the added touch of Victor mentioning he did a background check on her before marrying her was such a nice touch as it tied nicely into the Victor character and his relationship with Nicole. He's intelligent and would do something like that. Again, the dynamic with the both of them was great. Victor has Nicole's number and she has his, much like Kate, yet they both still have a soft spot for each other. Loved the Nicole/Trent scene at the end too. Good end and nice foreboding feel.

I also have to give props to Peter Reckell, for throwing in some subtle tension into his scenes with John Aniston. It alludes quite nicely to the Paul stuff so kudos to him.

Lexie/Stefano was very good. I did think Lexie was a bit much in the beginning but I think she was still miffed about Abe quitting his job over Stefano and all the other goings on. Joe and Renee just rock together and, as Drew mentioned, she has every reason to go off on him and to accuse him of using and manipulating her. I also liked how Stefano used Theo and his autism to try to lure Lexie in. I do not think it was all about luring her in. I think he genuinely wanted to help her and Theo but that he also realized it would appeal to Lexie as well. Stefano always has acted different with his daughters, especially given he's lost daughters in the past. He became very vulnerable when Lexie turned her back on him and declared him dead to her. I'm glad Joe played it that way because it's in character for a daughter doing that to hit Stefano harder. Glad Lexie saw through his game involving Theo. Just loved the scenes and Stefano still refusing to take responsibility for his involvement in everything. Everything was spot on in these scenes.

One thing we did learn (and learn some more tomorrow) is that this isn't about Stefano having anymore children of his own. It's about his grandchildren. Since his children turned their backs on him, his plan is to leave everything to his grandchildren so I think he was speaking about his grandchildren when he said that he would be raising a new generation of Dimera's. That should make some people concerned about that issue happy.

Very good show to start the week and tomorrow is very good as well with some very good Anna/Marlena scenes (which allude to what I've been saying all along concerning Marlena and her recent behavior), Stefano/John scenes (we learn what is going on with John's head), and some very good stuff with Hope/Lexie and Abe/Bo/Roman (we learn what happened with internal affairs and it turns out Abe played a role in who the new commissioner is, which could lead to some tension with the mayor and with Bo and Roman).

Tomlin and co are doing a fine job. Hope this keeps up.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 23 2008, 01:15 AM.

MericP
Member Avatar

I liked Steffie and Lexie.

I can't remember the rest... :sleep:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Sep 22 2008, 04:22 PM
ilovemydays
Sep 22 2008, 04:11 PM
I had been speculating that Nicole had left Trent while she was pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption thinking Trent never knew. Then I thought Dena had dropped it but lately I've noticed that Nicole has never really seen Melanie. Everytime one of them enters the pub the other one leaves.

As for Victor, after his phone call today I thought that maybe he already knew that Nicole had married Trent and he paid Trent to come to town and lie about not getting a divorce so he could screw Nicole out of her settlement. Its not like Victor couldn't make the older paperwork disappear and it might make for a juicy story later once Caroline finds out that Victor set so much drama in motion just to keep Nicole from getting some money.

I still don't see how that works, though, because I would have thought we would have gotten some hint that Nicole has more secrets relating to Trent. I can't believe she wouldn't have told EJ when she confessed to him that Trent was blackmailing her. I just don't see it. Not trying to be argumentative, and heaven knows the show pulls stuff from nowhere all the freaking time, but this is one of those times that if they do I'll be furious.

Now, I do love your idea about Victor! It certainly makes more sense than Victor never having checked out Nicole's past and finding out she was married, (although I don't see Victor paying the money first if he knew that already). That would be one convenient fact I wouldn't mind finding out later.
I agree, Paxton. It would be too far out of left field and too obviously a retconn. For instance, with all of Trent's discussions about Melanie, Nicole doesn't even flinch. There are none of those alone, thoughtful glances usually used. I'm not saying I wouldn't put it past Dena to do it, but it wouldn't fit. Plus, the whole Trent's daughter discussion thing is just too recent. Too many viewers would notice. It's not like Nicole and Trent had a conversation about Trent's daughter 5, 6 years ago and brought it back to rewrite history. Some would notice, but a lot wouldn't. I think for the sake of the already teetering stability of the show, they should just bury that whole idea and go on.

Days4Life

Kevc1980
Sep 22 2008, 09:45 PM
Days4Life
At this point, I am ready to kill Trent myself! He's a total creep. But it's always so obvious when they are building to a murder mystery. My mom, who doesn't own a computer and never hears any spoilers, even knows Trent is going to be murdered. The foreshadowing is a little heavy-handed, IMO; I would prefer a little more subtlety. But I agree about the SSK storyline...it was laughable how all of a sudden, everybody had a motive to kill Abe.

Days4Life

PhoenixRising05
Sep 23 2008, 12:18 AM
I also have to talk about the Victor/Nicole scenes as another poster mentioned concern on Friday about Victor being out of character. I disagree completely. What I liked most is that the Victor/Nicole dynamic was back in full force, right from his asking what she was babbling about in the first scene. His reaction to learning the truth was true to form, especially his laughing and questioning her using her sad story to convince him to let her keep the money. You could tell when Nicole got into the abuse part of her story that Victor was emotionally effected. The expression on his face changed (good acting by John Aniston) and that led to some things later on like his mentioning to Bo and Hope that he wouldn't press fraud charges, saying her losing his money would satisfy as the punishment for her deceiving him so there was no need to press charges. He recognized she was a victim and you could tell a part of him still recognizes the hell she has had to ensure in her life. He still has a soft spot for her deep down, much like he does Kate. I think that all tied in with his phone call. He is clearly going to do something to Trent and it will be interesting to see what. Love that we got a Nico mention. Haven't heard about him in awhile. Also, the added touch of Victor mentioning he did a background check on her before marrying her was such a nice touch as it tied nicely into the Victor character and his relationship with Nicole. He's intelligent and would do something like that. Again, the dynamic with the both of them was great. Victor has Nicole's number and she has his, much like Kate, yet they both still have a soft spot for each other. Loved the Nicole/Trent scene at the end too. Good end and nice foreboding feel.
I thought those Nicole/Victor scenes were the best part of the episode, and I had no problem with Victor's behavior. I thought it was totally IN character for him. Nicole was punished by losing her money, but he was satisfied that was enough. Victor has an adversarial relationship with Nicole, but I think deep down he admires her for her ruthlessness and her survival instinct...that's something they have always had in common.

I do think Victor has some plans for Trent, as Nico is his go-to guy for stuff like that. It may even tie in with Caroline, who is clearly going to be a suspect...maybe Nico will be her alibi or something.

jane1978

Just saw Tuesday. Another strong show, IMO. You can really tell Scott is gone now because the show is much more darker and strightforward. Even the music is different. It´s probably just the buildup towards Trent´s murder, but sometime today I really thought Reilly is back. Even the characters are talking to themselves again, so far just a few lines here and there, but it would never happen during Scott. And the cuts between scenes are no longer interleaved like Scott loved to do.

On to the show, today was a first day after long time I really liked Marlena. Nice talk with Anna, I hope she stays this strong. Stefano and John playing power game was pretty much pointless, but JM has a way to make even a filler interesting. Of course, I had to laugh outloud when poor Rolf appeared at the end and informed Stefano John´s brain is about to have a data overload. Is John a cyborg?

Wonderfull build up towards Hope´s revelation as the new head of the SPD. I loved the buddy chemistry between Abe, Roman and Abe. And the live broadcast was a nice touch too. Of course, Abe resigning because corrupt establishment only to try to put all his friends on his place didn´t make much sense, but whatever. I think this change could be really refreshing for both Bo and Hope. It will for sure provide some nice scenes and tension because we all know Bo is not used to make things by the book.

And finally Trent. Is he dead yet? I´m not sure if it was intentional or not but I liked how they connected yesterday´s talk about Trent/Nicol marriage and today´s revelation why Trent treats his daughter so horribly. Seems like he is obsessed by perfection. He wanted Nicol to be perfect wife and trophy and when she failed he started to abuse her. And he did the same thing with Melanie, him admitting he was disappointed in her because she wasn´t able to fullfill his high expectation made great sense. That´s probably why he liked Nick.
Edited by jane1978, Sep 23 2008, 01:37 PM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

jane1978
Sep 23 2008, 01:34 PM
Of course, I had to laugh outloud when poor Rolf appeared at the end and informed Stefano John´s brain is about to have a data overload. Is John a cyborg?

When NuJohn first appeared, I always said he had sooo many similarities to Data from Star Trek.... :ermmmm:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Another good show today. Hope being named like that as police commissioner is unrealistic (how can they not tell her) but it's interesting that Abe was backing Hope.

Loved the Nick/Trent/Melanie scenes. What bugs is how the show continues limiting them in just scenes revolving Trent. God forbid they should interact with people outside of their story. Molly still continues to impress and if they get rid of her I'm gonna scream bloody Murder (on Trent).

Ellie

I think my headache is bigger than John Black's right now. You know what the writing for Marlena today reminded me of? The writing for her when she had amnesia. Then, she didn't want to give John the time of day, and her family and friends were all trying to convince her to give him another chance. Except there, she had a reason to be written like an idiot!! Dena seems to take delight in destroying the J&M relationship to such an extent that a complete outsider (Anna, who has been out of Salem for 20 years) has to be the one to tell a clueless Marlena how special her marriage was. To Deidre's credit, she did play it teary-eyed, as though her mouth were saying one thing but her mind were telling her another.

I did like the John/Stefano scenes very much. (I hope Joe's ok... he kept sitting down). The dynamic between these two characters is very complex, and I think the dialogue tapped into that very well.

The police commissioner scenes - I thought it was silly to do the "Newsflash" format like that (I mean, this is not an international crisis, this is the Salem police department). But overall, I think the scenes worked well, and I liked the back-and-forth between all characters involved. The going from the police station to Abe and Lexie's house worked well. On another note, I can't remember the name of the person who plays the mayor, but I'm not impressed with his acting at all. His expressions seem very flat and he looks down a lot.

I am looking foward to tomorrow's Marlena/Stefano scenes, but I really wish today's show had been written differently.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Ugh I missed the Stefano & Lexie scenes from yesterday :(

jane1978

Ellie
Sep 23 2008, 04:11 PM
I think my headache is bigger than John Black's right now. You know what the writing for Marlena today reminded me of? The writing for her when she had amnesia. Then, she didn't want to give John the time of day, and her family and friends were all trying to convince her to give him another chance. Except there, she had a reason to be written like an idiot!! Dena seems to take delight in destroying the J&M relationship to such an extent that a complete outsider (Anna, who has been out of Salem for 20 years) has to be the one to tell a clueless Marlena how special her marriage was. To Deidre's credit, she did play it teary-eyed, as though her mouth were saying one thing but her mind were telling her another.
You know, this is weird because I was so sure J/M will love today´s show. I mean, if J/J were written the same way I would be happy. There is no thirdparty. It´s clear Marlena is still in love with John but at the same time determined to move on. And of course, intercuted with it we saw John is about to enter huge crysis when he will need her more than ever. Will she able to stay away? IMO, it´s pretty classic setup.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply