Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How long as Gary Tomlin been in the credits?
Topic Started: Sep 22 2008, 04:08 PM (865 Views)
ginababe
BANNED

Today is the first day I noticed his name in the credits, does anyone know how long he's been credited as executive producer?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

He was first credited on September 17.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Has the new co-headwriter begun as well?

MericP
Member Avatar

how much control do these people have over the current writing? If Tomlin is credited on the 17th, does he support that hideously fake conversation between EJ and Nicole?

Man that shit was painful. :frown:

ginababe
BANNED

it was painful!

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

The scripts are written up to 8 weeks out so Ed Scott was fired mid-August. His FILMED episodes air until mid Sept. The show films a month out. Now, episodes which were already written while he was still Exec. Producer but were NOT yet filmed have begun airing. That is why Tomlin's name is as producer but he has had nothing yet to do with the content.

So, the episode a few of you are referencing, I say that is Dena Higley's work without any clean up which we were used to by Ed Scott. So now we can see without any rose-colored glasses Dena's vision.

Who knows Tomlin's vision. I imagine that is why Whitesell is coming in though is so that Tomlin can get his vision in there without getting the show in trouble in Ed Scott did.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Well, an exec producer has abilities to change content so if Tomlin's name is on it he could have something to do with that EJ/Nicole convo or he could of had the ability to rework it if he didn't.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tomlin was included? Was this the NBC credits that someone saw, because I was watching the ending credits last night on SoapNet and they still have Ed Scott listed as Co-Executive Producer.

jane1978

DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2008, 12:18 PM
Tomlin was included? Was this the NBC credits that someone saw, because I was watching the ending credits last night on SoapNet and they still have Ed Scott listed as Co-Executive Producer.
I saw Canadian credits for Tuesday and Scott is still listed too. But Monday´s credits taped from NBC already had Gary Tomlin. So who knows. Judging by the content I definitely think this is Tomlin/Higley stuff.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Gawd, I hope not, because if he's going along with Higley, we are screwed!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ironically, Tomlin's name still shows up occasionally in the credits as writer for certain OLTL episodes. I think his name showed up just last week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply