Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eric Martsolf is the new Brady Black; SOD Online
Topic Started: Sep 22 2008, 05:52 PM (7,705 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

Big DAYS Casting News!
Soap Opera Digest has learned that not only has Galen Gering (ex-Luis, PASSIONS) been hired on DAYS as an FBI agent, but so has Eric Martsolf (ex-Ethan, PASSIONS) as a recast for Brady.

UPDATE

Brady Black Is Back!

Former Passions actors will heat up the Days of Our Lives set.

Eric Martsolf (ex-Ethan, pictured) will be taking on the role of Brady Black and will return to Salem to settle unresolved issues with Chloe. His first air date will occur in mid-November.

Galen Gering (ex-Luis) will be joining the cast of Days as an FBI Agent who comes to Salem working on a special case. He is scheduled to appear at the end of October.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/
Edited by Angie79, Sep 23 2008, 01:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

FUCK YOU DAYS!!!

I mean, really! Is this a fucking joke?!

Galen is bad enough, but ERIC MARTSOLF?! UGH!!!
Edited by Mason, Sep 22 2008, 05:54 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Um.... uh.... OH!! Uh.... Um.... What I mean to say is....

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mason
Sep 22 2008, 05:53 PM
FUCK YOU DAYS!!!

I mean, really! Is this a fucking joke?!

Galen is bad enough, but ERIC MARTSOLF?! UGH!!!
I've never heard of Eric Marsolf . . . may I take it he sucks, lol?

Mason
Member Avatar

Martsolf makes Gering look good. Let's just put it that way.

Mason
Member Avatar

Just when DAYS was FINALLY gaining back some modicum of respect in the industry, Corday goes and pulls this shit.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OMFG!!!!

Why oh why?!?!?!

One is bad enough but both of them.......

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yikes!

Well I'm just happy Gerring isn't coming on as Brandon. An FBI agent, huh? Will his character be Higley's new John McBain?

As for Martsolf coming on as Brady, I don't mind it. Martsolf could definitely pass for Drake Hogestyn's child. And while he's not the best actor in the world, chances are he'll be paired with Nadia Bjorlin and she's not the greatest actress in the world. When two bad actors are paired together, magic tends to happen in my eyes. I'm falling for Lucas and Chloe even though there is no point them being together. But Bryan Dattilo's mediocre acting style mixed with Nadia's works well.

I kind of hope they don't throw Brady back into Chloe's orbit, because I want to see a Lucas/Chloe/Philip triangle myself. There's always Nicole even though Brady should never want to be with Nicole either after what she's done.

FanODays

Mason
Sep 22 2008, 05:55 PM
Martsolf makes Gering look good. Let's just put it that way.
And pair that with Nadia and you have scenes that will make pins in your eyes seem pleasant.

This makes me think even more that JKJ is gone, gone gone when his contract is up.

Mason
Member Avatar

FanODays
Sep 22 2008, 06:03 PM
This makes me think even more that JKJ is gone, gone gone when his contract is up.
I wouldn't blame him either. Who would want to stay on a show that's going after shitty PASSIONS leftovers instead of actual actors?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

To bad they couldn't get Travis Schuldt (Ethan #1) to play Brady, I could have tolerated him a lot more them Eric.....

I'm sure Eric is a nice guy and I don't mean to sound like I hate him, but he's just not the guy I'd imagined at all for a Brady reccast.......

Mason
Member Avatar

I bet we even get Heidi Mueller or Danica Stewart as a Mimi recast somewhere down the line. Barf.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 22 2008, 06:08 PM
I bet we even get Heidi Mueller or Danica Stewart as a Mimi recast somewhere down the line. Barf.
Mason don't say that! :fight:

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Aww, I think everyone is being too hard on Eric. I think he will be great, and he can sing lol So Chloe and Brady can sing like they used to :) Anyway, I'm happy to have the Brady chacacter back. Someone who is Victor's grandson, and Stefano's nephew, should be there :)

cjknick
Member Avatar

Well in light of this news I think that we are going to lose some actors ... my guess JKJ and BD! But I think James, Peter and Darin should be worrying about Job security too! Days can't afford all these guys!
Edited by cjknick, Sep 22 2008, 06:15 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Is anyone going to explain how Brady is now older than Sami?

Mason
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 22 2008, 06:17 PM
LoL, I wouldn't hold my breath...

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I only saw 'Passions' a few times, so I don't know how good of actors these two are. They are both cute though. I would rather have Eric Brady back over Brady. It is probably safe to say that Nadia isn't going anywhere. I was hoping she would be the other actress leaving.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 22 2008, 06:17 PM
Good question because Eric surely doesn't look younger then Ali......

Who the hell is casting this show now?

I wonder if they picked up Passions old casting person too...... :eyeroll:

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't know WHAT is going on but I refuse to believe that the same woman who cast Shirley Jones, Linden Ashby, Tamara Braun, Joe Penny and Roscoe Born is the same person responsible for this.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply