Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eric Martsolf is the new Brady Black; SOD Online
Topic Started: Sep 22 2008, 05:52 PM (7,523 Views)
DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ges
Sep 23 2008, 07:18 PM
wondering what happened to my siggy & avatar. was it that bad? :shrug:
The stuffed white bears? I see them just fine.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

If the show didn't keep making the news for it's budget problems, I wouldn't mind two new actors coming in. I'm not against new characters at all (or recasts). Of course, it goes without saying I want them to be talented first and foremost. Marcus Patrick was the worst actor I've seen in years, please no more of him.

However, I don't know if it's a good idea to hire two new actors while making news they are having to let actors go. Like anyone, I don't want to see my personal favorites leave. But to be honest, even characters I'm not thrilled about like Chloe I would rather keep around then getting rid of her and bringing in someone new. I'd rather stick with the devil I know then the one I don't.

Since one of the new guys is Brady, that doesn't solve the issue of so much incest in Salem. Sure we have the FBI agent to mix things up....but the only person I really would care to see thrown to him is Stephanie let's face it, they are never gonna break up Stax. (sadly).

So it's just frustrating. I see signs of hte show improving. I make peace with decisions I don't approve of like getting rid of Morgan but with damned rumors of two more actresses going along with a vet, how can hiring these guys help them with the budget?

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Since DAYS has made so many awful decisions in the last 12 years, I can understand why people aren't happy with these hirings. However, part of the problem I have had with DAYS is that they either had actors in their 50s and 60s, or 20s. It will be nice to have some leading men in their thirties. Brady can be a really important character considering his DiMera-Kiriakis connection, and Galen's new character will hopefully give Sami a fresh start away from EJ and Lucas. DAYS needs new blood and new stories. If you have to fix the budget, write out Steve, Kayla, Abe, and Roman. Lots of money saved

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

DOOL is LYING when they say budget cuts are why they are firing people. They've been using this excuse for a while now since people are falling for it.

Shylock

Man, they could do so many things with the people they AREN'T using on the show than they could do with these two.

I have personally wanted to see Mickey more involved, since we haven't really seen him utilized much at all. Maggie, Doug, Julie. And maybe a recast of Shawn (a good, non-Passions one please) and bring back Martha as Belle, along with that cute little Claire and you'd have a good show.

Yet they just keep doing this shit. Saying there are "budget problems" and then firing some useful cast members... then pointlessly adding more people to the cast.

Here's an idea: Use what you have and use it effectively. The ratings could possibly go up and when that happens, you can get your budget to where you feel comfortable. And hopefully create a diverse show with some depth of cast and character.

It's really sad that they can find good talent like Darin, Blake, Molly Burnett, Kristen Renton, and Rachel Melvin.. yet they can turn around and hire two Passions washouts that have no talent. I can't really believe that THOSE two were the best out there they could get for the parts. Couldn't they have gotten Josh Duhon for one of these roles instead? He'd be a much better idea than Gering and he'd probably get Days some press too. Then there's Lindze Leatherman, who is out there and has surprisingly not been picked up by ANYONE. Etc. Etc. Etc.

zyona

LETTER TO KEN CORDAY

What the hell are you thinking hiring this two bozzos, the show is in the verge of being canceled and now you hire 2more people. I smell desperation to hold on to the show. Corday most of your problem is not with the actors, it is the writers, instead of changing actors like a dirty underwear, I would think about firing all the writers and hire a new one. Sorry, you actually have a problem with some of the actor like Chloe she doesn't belong in Days, she belong in Hugh Heffner play boy mansion. Every time the rating is down donít give an interview or bring Stephano from the dead. Instead of firing him and hiring him back, make a decision if you really need him, then keep him if not let him stay dead. Since a lot of fans think you are a lucky bastard who doesnít deserve his family legacy I want to help you to change our mind I want you to follow this rule.

1.Stop taking too much vacation, for the love of God do you even bother to watch your own show
2.Stop making a hasty decision, which is the reason you are still paying Hogan.
3.Stop talking to the press when you are desperate, they can smell desperation
4.When you hire writers give them 4 weeks to catch up with the history of the show
5.Stop treating the fan like they have amnesia, we still the same fan
6.Use the actor/actress you have instead of hiring and firing
7.Stop recycling stories, your fan are smarter than you giving them credit.
8.Donít make the show all about Nicole, no more black and white fantasy.
9.You need to see or pay attention to Brian Frons, whatever he is doing itís working for him
10.IF YOU CANíT FOLLOW THIS RULE SELL THE DAMN COMPANY SO THE SHOW DOESNíT GET CANCELED, ITS NOT LIKE YOU ARE HURTING YOU OWN A LITTLE BIT OF Y&R AND IMAGINE HOW MANY VACATION YOU CAN TAKE.(never mind you are doing that now)

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Shylock
Sep 23 2008, 09:35 PM
Man, they could do so many things with the people they AREN'T using on the show than they could do with these two.

I have personally wanted to see Mickey more involved, since we haven't really seen him utilized much at all. Maggie, Doug, Julie. And maybe a recast of Shawn (a good, non-Passions one please) and bring back Martha as Belle, along with that cute little Claire and you'd have a good show.

Yet they just keep doing this shit. Saying there are "budget problems" and then firing some useful cast members... then pointlessly adding more people to the cast.

Here's an idea: Use what you have and use it effectively. The ratings could possibly go up and when that happens, you can get your budget to where you feel comfortable. And hopefully create a diverse show with some depth of cast and character.

It's really sad that they can find good talent like Darin, Blake, Molly Burnett, Kristen Renton, and Rachel Melvin.. yet they can turn around and hire two Passions washouts that have no talent. I can't really believe that THOSE two were the best out there they could get for the parts. Couldn't they have gotten Josh Duhon for one of these roles instead? He'd be a much better idea than Gering and he'd probably get Days some press too. Then there's Lindze Leatherman, who is out there and has surprisingly not been picked up by ANYONE. Etc. Etc. Etc.
I would LOVE to see more Mickey, Maggie, Doug and Julie. I would especially much rather watch them in meaty storylines than the teen crowd.

How does everyone here know Kenny Corday's vacation schedule??

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Darrin is not even a good actor.

zyona

DolceDiMera
Sep 23 2008, 10:12 PM
Shylock
Sep 23 2008, 09:35 PM

I would LOVE to see more Mickey, Maggie, Doug and Julie. I would especially much rather watch them in meaty storylines than the teen crowd.

How does everyone here know Kenny Corday's vacation schedule??
Because every time they have a crisis, he can't be found.

Nicole Walker

I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over this. I'm gonna give Galen and Eric a chance to prove themselves on Days and if they stink then I'll be disappointed.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Sep 23 2008, 10:17 PM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Sep 23 2008, 10:17 PM
I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over this. I'm gonna give Galen and Eric a chance to prove themselves on Days and if they stink then I'll be disappointed.
I agree. They were not good actors on Passions imo, and as I said before, ideally I would like more of the budget allotted to using more sets instead of signing new actors, but I'm definitely willing to give them a shot. I'm not one who is anti "newbies", I like them or dislike them the same way as I do established actors/characters.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Everyone needs to calm down and give Eric and Galen a chance.

While I do not think they were the best actors on PASSIONS, look at the level of crap they had to deal with. Perhaps interacting with better actors and better written material will give us a chance to see a side of them we never did before.

I am not going to write them off that is for sure, not until I see them on my screens for a good 2-3 weeks.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 23 2008, 10:28 PM.

King
Member Avatar

You have the right attitude...I don't share it, but I wish I did! LOL!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 23 2008, 10:27 PM

While I do not think they were the best actors on PASSIONS, look at the level of crap they had to deal with. Perhaps interacting with better actors and better written material will give us a chance to see a side of them we never did before.

I am not going to write them off that is for sure, not until I see them on my screens for a good 2-3 weeks.
ITA!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Sep 23 2008, 10:27 PM

Same here.

This is coming from someone who watched them and bashed them at times. Galen CAN be good. It's much like Peck, Fath, Storms, etc. If the role suits him, he can be very good and I do think alot of the time he just was turned off by the material. In Passions' early days, he was usually solid and then he seemed to get lazy, probably because Shuis just kept going nowhere. Once he got paired with Fancy, he came to life again until that went nowhere after awhile either. Days is a different show so he will likely be inspired because stories don't drag out like that and he is working on a show that has been on for 43 years and with a great cast.

Martsolf worries me but he has the look. He never showed me anything so that is a big concern but, as i have mentioned, he is similar to Lowder in how he hams up the screen. Lowder only shows acting range when he has an edge. Otherwise, he was just hamming up the screen and that works for Martsolf. Martsolf is like Peck IMO. He will need the material to make him good IMO. We'll see. Maybe he will be a surprise. I think I can tolerate him though. I'm worried about the whole "unresolved issues with Chloe" thing. I would much prefer Lucas/Chloe/Philip but I have a feeling Lucas and/or Philip are goners. I never had a problem with Broe singing when it was in context. If they were singing Christmas carols or on stage, it was fine. That "Sound of Music" thing as cute in a way but made no sense. No one memorizes all that off the cuff so it didn't work. When they had a reason to sing and it was in the right context, I liked it so I have no problem with them doing it again as long as their is a purpose for it.

I don't think we can go with what Higley has done in the past because many have said that this whole year and she hasn't gone with past patterns. If she did, Lumi would be together and Bo and Hope would both be out of work at the PD and so on and so forth. I do think Galen may be similar to John McBain but he will in no way take over the show. That was on Frons. Frons wanted Easton. Higley's Days is quite balanced and Days already has it's idea of John McCain in terms of getting loads of airtime and that is James Scott.

We'll see what happens. I have no issue with people being upset about this. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I do think we can blame it on JER because even actors on Days stopped trying at certain points. Remember Melissa Reeves? How about Drake and Dee? I won't even go into how they are to blame as well but JER's writing isn't exactly inspiring so I can see why Galen and Eric may have stopped trying. Days is different and I expect them to bring whatever they have and then we can truly see how talented they really are.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Well I think these actors being cast and the change in direction in a few storylines recently has to do with Gary and Chris more than with Dena.
Edited by phloeishot, Sep 23 2008, 11:43 PM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

MericP
Sep 23 2008, 01:12 AM
Jiggs
Sep 23 2008, 01:05 AM
I'm just glad it's not Kyle Lowder. Dear soap gods, thank you! As for Brady, I hate him, but I've always been open for a recast, and I wouldn't mind if they never mention his dead sainted ghostly mother again and his horrible sorasing and rewriting of the Marlena/Brady history. If they bring him back and he's not a big psycho drama queen, I might like him. Marsolf doesn't sing does he??? :eyeroll:
Yes, he can, Jiggs.

I agree.

At least it's not Kyle.

Though I still have those fabulous Liza Minelli/Brady Black banners somwhere....Hmm....

:D
Noooooooo!!!

Oh man, those banners! Good times MericP!!!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 23 2008, 05:49 AM
Jiggs
I'm just glad it's not Kyle Lowder. Dear soap gods, thank you! As for Brady, I hate him, but I've always been open for a recast, and I wouldn't mind if they never mention his dead sainted ghostly mother again and his horrible sorasing and rewriting of the Marlena/Brady history. If they bring him back and he's not a big psycho drama queen, I might like him. Marsolf doesn't sing does he??? :eyeroll:
Actually, I think it would be wonderful if Isabella was brought up again time after time. That story with John and Isabella was a wonderful love story and highly regarded by many fans.
What a shocker!!! :lol:

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 23 2008, 11:35 PM
JER's writing isn't exactly inspiring so I can see why Galen and Eric may have stopped trying.
Stopped trying? When did they even start?! LoL

Jiggs
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Sep 23 2008, 09:36 AM
Jiggs
LOL,Kyle didn't bug me too much,but Eric does sing actually,very very well,I have his cd I could listen to him sing for hours.

Heres his bio for those who don't know him.

Thanks, I've really never seen him except in the mags and fan banners. He definitely looks more like John Black than Kyle Lowder EVER did. Very good looking!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply