Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eric Martsolf is the new Brady Black; SOD Online
Topic Started: Sep 22 2008, 05:52 PM (7,770 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

boooooooooooooooooooo
where is my fucking Lindsay? how dare tomlin!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Hey at least we have some serious eye candy coming our way....And i do think Bryan Datillo will be out..I just hope Jay re-signs with the show..

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I'm so sending Corday and Tomlin a letter tomorrow!! get Lindsay, idiots! Lindsay = talent/ratings.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

OH GOD. Galen I could take. Eric Martsolf uses his hands way too much when he is acting. He is very annoying to me when he is on screen. If he took some acting lessons, learned to act natural, he could be better. But I doubt that's happened since his time away from Passions.
Edited by downwhtone, Sep 22 2008, 07:06 PM.

Ellie

Well, I am happy that Brady (as a character) will be returning. Dare I hope that maybe this will have something to do with real John coming back??

Days4Life

This probably means JKJ or BD is out....I know which one I hope it is! I was hoping NB might be leaving soon, but that's probably not going to happen now if they are recasting Brady.

I never watched Passions except for sometimes I saw the last few minutes while I was waiting for DAYS to come on, so I have no idea what these guys' acting is like, but it doesn't sound good, judging from some of these comments. I guess we'll see for ourselves soon enough.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Corday, why can't you hire Forbes March & Tom Pelphrey?!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Sep 22 2008, 07:08 PM
Well, I am happy that Brady (as a character) will be returning. Dare I hope that maybe this will have something to do with real John coming back??
I think you could be right.

As for whether this means JKJ or BD is out, I still think signs point to BD being the one who is less and less necessary--even though I don't want a Brady/Chloe/Philip triangle, the idea of a Lucas/Chloe/Philip triangle is worse. I don't want Brady with Chloe but I could see that they need to wrap things up with him, onscreen this time. I want Philip and Chloe to have a legitimate second shot--not the crap they got over the last few months--so I feel any triangle is unnecessary but Days does love their tris.

Maybe both Jay and James have indicated they're not re-signing and that's why these two guys in this age range are being brought on. Or maybe it's just James and Brady is for Nicole. Who knows?
Edited by Paxton, Sep 22 2008, 07:20 PM.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

So is it bad, that I might actually tune back into Days to watch the disaster happen? :popcorn:

But maybe it might get Days some time on The Soup. Joel McHale did always like to point out the fine acting on Passions. :lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

I hate Days of Our Lives.

There's really nothing left to say. Trying to support this show is like trying to support a suicidal friend who keeps slashing their wrists over and over again. I'm done.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Sep 22 2008, 07:14 PM
Corday, why can't you hire Forbes March & Tom Pelphrey?!
:hail: :hail:

daysfan
Member Avatar

Hmmm, maybe BD could be the vet on the bubble or being cut...I'm not sure, but with Days you never know, and earlier this year I really think he was *this* close to being fired but Dena came in and saved him. Or Days is going to go a bit overboard and have THREE men lusting after Chloe(Lucas, Philip, Brady).

And you know, I know Days has to make cuts and all and its better Morgan than yet another beloved vet, but if they want to bring Brady back for Chloe, why not just keep Morgan/Kristen Renton and keep her with Philip?

Now there's always the Brady/Nicole possibility, although as some others pointed out after so much Nicole did while trying to get Brady(trying to kill Victor countless times via Larry and Jan, hiding the evidence that she killed Colin, getting Crystal to set up Marlena's death, keeping the secret that Chloe was alive from him) I'm not sure he would go for her again.

Now who knows Galen's character will be paired with. If the part in the original rumor about him being paired with Sami are true, are they going to have three men after her or move EJ and/or Lucas out of her orbit?

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I guess tptb want to cover their bases in case JKJ and JS do not re-sign :unsure:
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 22 2008, 07:50 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

Now who knows Galen's character will be paired with. If the part in the original rumor about him being paired with Sami are true, are they going to have three men after her or move EJ and/or Lucas out of her orbit?

Fuck it, let's just change the name of the show to Days of Sami's Life and put ALL the men on the show in her orbit.

I watched Gering during his entire Passions run. He has had a few flashes of brilliance here and there and I'd dare say HE is Brando compared to Martsolf.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I am not going to get into dramatics :laugh: but I don't think either is really a bad choice. It could be a lot worse (Mark Cameron Wystrach, Christopher Douglas, Adrian Bellani, Dylan Fergus or Adrian Wilson)

My favorite Eric moment

Before he was Ethan he played a cop possessed by Zombie Charity
Edited by Rick, Sep 22 2008, 08:22 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Wow - Days is really...surprising me.

I have to say I didn't much believe the Galen Gering rumor (though I was trying to keep an open mind) and I'm really stunned they're bringing Eric Martsolf as well. I don't think either guy is a very good actor, but I guess I'll be willing to see how they do on Days before I pass further judgment.

I'm thinking this means JKJ has had enough and is probably done.

Although I wonder if the latest firing was due to financial reasons, why would they hire two "names" for roles?

Pearly
Member Avatar

You know this whole situation reminds me of when we found out Dena was gonna start writing for DAYS and everyone and their mother kept say that it would be trouble for the show....and the nay sayers (me included) kept saying no, no, no, it'll be okay and now look at us....uh, oh..... :scared:

Deleted User
Deleted User

CANCEL THIS PILE OF CRAP

thank you
Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

At least Kristen Renton had some potential for the future. Why do they fire her and hire these two talentless pieces of shit? [/seething anger at this fucking show]

Is this truly 100% confirmed that's who he'll be playing? God I hope not.
Edited by Shylock, Sep 22 2008, 08:56 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

So what does all of this mean?
We will now have Eric, Galen, James Scott, Bryan Datillo, JKJ to be paired with Sami, Chloe and Nicole? Some guy has got to go.
Not to mention 2 maybe all of these women are currently pregnant?

It is so weird to bring these guys in when they already have more than enough men after them. I was hoping that Galen was just the OB for Sami or Nicole.
And why the FBI agent? Did I miss something there?

So I am totally confused about the story, and not even considering how bad these guys are in the acting department. What is going on?
On the bright side, this is the age range that I like to see featured - vets are too experienced, teens are too dull - so at least they are expanding the age range. What really sucks is that they got rid of BB and MM - two characters (not actors) that I loved - to bring back these nobodys?

Thanks for the info! Can't wait to see how all of this turns out!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply