Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soaps.com - Comings and Goings
Topic Started: Sep 23 2008, 12:59 PM (2,642 Views)
Pearly
Member Avatar

Quote:

*Official word is that we'll be seeing three more cutbacks at DAYS. One vet and two female parts. Budget cuts. We're also seeing new faces.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

I really don't want to do a poll on this but when you include your comments would you mind listing your 3 picks for cuts. Just curious. Thanks. :smile:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 23 2008, 01:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Pearly
Sep 23 2008, 12:59 PM
Quote:

*Official word is that we'll be seeing three more cutbacks at DAYS. One vet and two female parts. Budget cuts. We're also seeing new faces.

BD is gone. Rachel Melvin and the actress that plays Melanie are gone too. Just my facts predictions...

jcar03
Member Avatar

I don't see the show cutting Rachel.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

jcar03
Sep 23 2008, 01:04 PM
Her begging Dansea fans to write in to the show was what made me said her name. I got the impression that she was on her way out and by fans writing in, she will use that to show the producers that they are making a mistake cutting her.

Here is her post -

Quote:

I have to say I'm a little broken hearted over the splitting of this couple with you guys. Shawn is extremely fun to work with, and we really have fun playing with our character's interaction with one another. Unfortunately, all I can suggest is to keep doing what you are doing. I can't see why TPTB would dismiss an idea, concept, or coupling that is so popular with the show's fans if you keep responding with emails and banners, etc, as you have been doing! And should for some reason, you not get the outcome you're hoping for, I sincerely appreciate the support and response.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I would speculate that it is BD, Melanie (even though I like her!) and I would pick Stephanie (with Max to follow).

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Sariah
Sep 23 2008, 01:15 PM
I would speculate that it is BD, Melanie (even though I like her!) and I would pick Stephanie (with Max to follow).
oh no. corday loves stax.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

My guesses . . .

Now, I don't know if this new spoiler includes Kristen Renton or not.

If yes, then I guess Molly Burnett is gone. If no, then Molly Burnett and Rachel.

As for the vet, that is more difficult. But here are my thoughts. I think it will be a male from the 30 something group. With two new male actors coming onto the scene soon there will be too many males. So my guess is BD or JKJ. BD because he doesn't have any good stories and has little to no chemistry with the current females. JKJ because he dropped the hint a little while ago that DOOL has not approached him to renew his contract.

My wishlist . . .

Ari Zucker gone.
Renee Jones gone.
Bryan Datillo gone.

If only.

Jonatha

Rakesh198
Sep 23 2008, 01:06 PM
jcar03
Her begging Dansea fans to write in to the show was what made me said her name. I got the impression that she was on her way out and by fans writing in, she will use that to show the producers that they are making a mistake cutting her.

Here is her post -

Quote:

I have to say I'm a little broken hearted over the splitting of this couple with you guys. Shawn is extremely fun to work with, and we really have fun playing with our character's interaction with one another. Unfortunately, all I can suggest is to keep doing what you are doing. I can't see why TPTB would dismiss an idea, concept, or coupling that is so popular with the show's fans if you keep responding with emails and banners, etc, as you have been doing! And should for some reason, you not get the outcome you're hoping for, I sincerely appreciate the support and response.
When did Rachel post this? This is news to me. Do you have the link? Thanks.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Sep 23 2008, 01:20 PM
Rakesh198
jcar03

Here is her post -

Quote:

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/board/75026/

Sariah
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Sep 23 2008, 01:18 PM
Sariah
Sep 23 2008, 01:15 PM
oh no. corday loves stax.
I know...but I'm being hopeful. :D I'd much rather lose SH before RM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Rakesh198
Sep 23 2008, 01:21 PM
Jonatha
Rakesh198
jcar03

Here is her post -

Quote:

There is no proof that Rachel wrote that though. My guess would that you know who wrote that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Rachel was nominated for an Emmy and (unlike let's say Darin Brooks) was actually considered by many to have a good chance of winning. Her post that was quoted above, if she did write it, is about Chelsea/Dan, but it doesn't seem to me to be about Chelsea as a character. I personally doubt that she's being cut.
Edited by Ellie, Sep 23 2008, 01:31 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 23 2008, 01:29 PM
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
jcar03

Here is her post -

Quote:

There is no proof that Rachel wrote that though. My guess would that you know who wrote that.
I fell for Terry's crap? Ew! :shame:

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

I would love to see Shelley gone,no affense,I just cannot stomach STAX.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Sep 23 2008, 01:01 PM
Pearly
Sep 23 2008, 12:59 PM
Quote:

BD is gone. Rachel Melvin and the actress that plays Melanie are gone too. Just my facts predictions...
This would be my guess too!

I do however think though that if James Scott indicates what so ever that he may not renew his contract that BD would be safe1
Edited by cjknick, Sep 23 2008, 02:19 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Does this include Kristen Renton? This is the same rumor that was was posted when she was given her exit. So I'm going to assume she is the one actress. So that leaves another actress and a vet. I'm going to say that Jay Kenneth Johnson is the vet. Yes, he's considered a vet if you ask me. He's been on the show for almost 10 years, off and on. And he makes sense considering his contract is up soon, and he's had a pretty successful career outside of DAYS. He can definitely go back to that.

I don't think Bryan Dattilo is going anywhere. If they really wanted to get rid of him, he would have been let go when Lucas went to prison. But no, plans were changed once Higley came onto the show and Lucas was saved. So I don't see him going anywhere.

As for the other actress, I would have said Nadia Bjorlin before news broke that Brady was coming back. Due to that breaking news, I'm going to guess that Molly Burnett is going. I wish it was Shelley Henning, but I don't think so.

So I'm going to guess the list includes Kristen Renton (gone), Jay Kenneth Johnson (sadly) and Molly Burnett (again, sadly).

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'd say the vet is either BD or JKJ. As for the actress I'd say either Melanie or Stephanie.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Angie79
Sep 23 2008, 01:29 PM
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
jcar03

Here is her post -

Quote:

Actually RM wrote that on her own forum . You have to be logged into to see it but it's http://rachel-melvin/forum.

She's written many things pushing the chan fans to continue with the story.

That said, I'm gonna be pissed as hell if they get rid of actors I like (such as Rachel Melvin and Molly Burnett) to hire these new bozos that are from Passions.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Oh, ok. I didn't know she even had a forum. I don't think Rachel is gone though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Angie79
Sep 23 2008, 02:23 PM
Oh, ok. I didn't know she even had a forum. I don't think Rachel is gone though.
Neither do I. They have plenty for her to do, unlike Tony who they are obviously keeping around for his Emmy nod.

I do worry about Molly though, and it's a shame because she's really quite a find and doing so well.

Of course, if both Rachel and Molly leave, they might as well pack up Blake too because that would be his whole story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply