Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soaps.com - Comings and Goings
Topic Started: Sep 23 2008, 12:59 PM (2,593 Views)
DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

For the vet, more and more signs lead to Bryan Dattilo.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Is this really official? Seems to be just quoting the same source/rumour we heard when Kristen was let go. And that was a few weeks ago. I think if it was really official and the actors already got their walking paper we would heard the rest of the names now. They certainly didnīt make any secret from Kristen and it was pretty shocking IMO especially considering what just happened on screen.

Anyway, if itīs true Iīm pretty sure Stax are save unless Steve/Kayla will be let go too. I do think there is a possibility Nick, Chelsea and Mel are all let go, but that would make Stax the only remaining young on the show. And letting go just Melanie doesnīt make much sense because even if Chick reunite, they will need a conflict and the show will have to hire someone for their story anyway and newbie like Molly is probably cheaper than a dayplayer so why they would get rid of her.

Jonatha

Rakesh198
Sep 23 2008, 01:31 PM
Angie79
Sep 23 2008, 01:29 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 23 2008, 01:21 PM
Jonatha
Sep 23 2008, 01:20 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 23 2008, 01:06 PM
jcar03
Sep 23 2008, 01:04 PM
I don't see the show cutting Rachel.
Her begging Dansea fans to write in to the show was what made me said her name. I got the impression that she was on her way out and by fans writing in, she will use that to show the producers that they are making a mistake cutting her.

Here is her post -

Quote:

I have to say I'm a little broken hearted over the splitting of this couple with you guys. Shawn is extremely fun to work with, and we really have fun playing with our character's interaction with one another. Unfortunately, all I can suggest is to keep doing what you are doing. I can't see why TPTB would dismiss an idea, concept, or coupling that is so popular with the show's fans if you keep responding with emails and banners, etc, as you have been doing! And should for some reason, you not get the outcome you're hoping for, I sincerely appreciate the support and response.
When did Rachel post this? This is news to me. Do you have the link? Thanks.
http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/board/75026/
There is no proof that Rachel wrote that though. My guess would that you know who wrote that.
I fell for Terry's crap? Ew! :shame:
Terry at it again? Why am I not surprised? Okay, thanks for clearing that up for us. I seriously doubted RM would post something like that. It just seemed out of character for her.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Jonny, it turns out Rachel DID post it on her forum. I think Terry is the one that posted it on the soaps.com MB though.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

With all the men they are bringing on the vet has to be a guy because there isn't room for all these characters.

Looking at the cast and character make up, it's only reasonable to deduce the vet is likely BD.

Darin and James are not vets. I'd even go as far to say JKJ isn't a vet because he left and came back. He hasn't been with the show but five years total. That is hardly a "vet". Some people were hard pressed last year to call Ali a vet when she has been with the show 14 years.

Lucas is running out of story. The show has gotten rid of Morgan so Phillip is going back into Chloe's orbit and now Brady is coming back and we're likely to see a redux of that triangle. The show has done to death the Lucas/Sami/EJ triangle to the detriment of the ratings.

It's already been mentioned that Galen's role will be involved with Sami some how. She's stretched thin as it is with her BL gig.

I don't know.. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if they are letting a "vet" go, the one who could be rolled out the easiest is BD.

Ratings went up when they gave him a break earlier this year and down when he came back. He may have had nothing to do with that but the show didn't appear to lose viewers when he left and he didn't bring any back with him when he returned which is what is important with letting a "vet" go.

This may be complete bunk too. I don't mean to upset any BD fans by wondering if he's the vet on the bubble. I just don't see who else it could be.

Pearly
Member Avatar

jane1978
Sep 23 2008, 03:15 PM
Is this really official? Seems to be just quoting the same source/rumour we heard when Kristen was let go. And that was a few weeks ago. I think if it was really official and the actors already got their walking paper we would heard the rest of the names now. They certainly didnīt make any secret from Kristen and it was pretty shocking IMO especially considering what just happened on screen.

Anyway, if itīs true Iīm pretty sure Stax are save unless Steve/Kayla will be let go too. I do think there is a possibility Nick, Chelsea and Mel are all let go, but that would make Stax the only remaining young on the show. And letting go just Melanie doesnīt make much sense because even if Chick reunite, they will need a conflict and the show will have to hire someone for their story anyway and newbie like Molly is probably cheaper than a dayplayer so why they would get rid of her.

Don't think Kayla and Steve are going anywhere....since Kayla is being name COS at Salem University Hospital. :wink:

zyona

Tripp
Sep 23 2008, 02:07 PM
Angie79
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
jcar03
Her begging Dansea fans to write in to the show was what made me said her name. I got the impression that she was on her way out and by fans writing in, she will use that to show the producers that they are making a mistake cutting her.

Here is her post -

Quote:

I have to say I'm a little broken hearted over the splitting of this couple with you guys. Shawn is extremely fun to work with, and we really have fun playing with our character's interaction with one another. Unfortunately, all I can suggest is to keep doing what you are doing. I can't see why TPTB would dismiss an idea, concept, or coupling that is so popular with the show's fans if you keep responding with emails and banners, etc, as you have been doing! And should for some reason, you not get the outcome you're hoping for, I sincerely appreciate the support and response.
There is no proof that Rachel wrote that though. My guess would that you know who wrote that.
Actually RM wrote that on her own forum . You have to be logged into to see it but it's http://rachel-melvin/forum.

She's written many things pushing the chan fans to continue with the story.

That said, I'm gonna be pissed as hell if they get rid of actors I like (such as Rachel Melvin and Molly Burnett) to hire these new bozos that are from Passions.
For once i agree with you Trip, I don't think they should let go this two actress, but what i don't get is since Trent is being killed i don't know what they will do to Melanie.

Mason
Member Avatar

Rachel isn't going anywhere.

I'm with those that think it's JKJ and Burnett.

ilovemydays

Here's the current list of Contract Cast from Jason47
http://members.aol.com/jason47b/currentcast.html

"Days of Our Lives" Current Contract Cast List

Frances Reid - Alice Horton
Suzanne Rogers - Maggie Horton
Drake Hogestyn - John Black
Peggy McCay - Caroline Brady
Deidre Hall - Dr. Marlena Evans Black
James Reynolds - Abe Carver
Alison Sweeney - Sami Brady DiMera
Kristian Alfonso - Hope Williams Brady
Peter Reckell - Bo Brady
Lauren Koslow - Kate Roberts
Josh Taylor - Roman Brady
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Rachel Melvin - Chelsea Brady
Darin Brooks - Max Brady
James Scott - E.J. DiMera
Stephen Nichols - Steve "Patch" Johnson
Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Brady Johnson
Blake Berris - Nick Fallon
Jay Johnson - Philip Kiriakis
Shelley Hennig - Stephanie Johnson
Thaao Penghlis - Tony DiMera
Renee Jones - Lexie Carver
Nadia Bjorlin - Chloe Lane Black
Kristen Renton - Morgan HollingsworthGONE
Shawn Christian - Dr. Daniel Jonas
Arianne Zucker - Nicole Walker Kiriakis
Roscoe Born - Trent Robbins GONE
Molly Burnett - Melanie Layton
Joseph Mascolo - Stefano DiMera

Now...is this a new spoiler or do Roscoe and Kristin count?
Also does it say that "a beloved vet is LEAVING" because Alison is going on maternity leave I would hate to get all worked up over a play on words.

Edited by ilovemydays, Sep 23 2008, 04:11 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Sep 23 2008, 03:56 PM
Rachel isn't going anywhere.

I'm with those that think it's JKJ and Burnett.
I don't see JKJ characerized as a vet. BD (IMO) is possible but really pushing it. You hear veteran, and my thoughts are they had to be in daytime 20 yeras, maybe you could get by with 15.

Burnett has so much potential. They need someone in this age range and she's cheap. Why let her go? I so wish they would let Chloe go given she's limited and they have screwed her story up a good deal. My hope is they hiring in this Brady guy means it's short term and then Chloe can leave with Brady.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't think of JKJ as a vet, either really, but the term is subjective.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I wouldn't call JKJ a vet either, but who knows. I am starting to think the vet will be a guy though.

Jonatha

Angie79
Sep 23 2008, 03:38 PM
Jonny, it turns out Rachel DID post it on her forum. I think Terry is the one that posted it on the soaps.com MB though.
Thanks for the info, Angie. You're the best.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that Josh Taylor is the vet being let go..He's flown under the radar for so long with nothing to do..And with Bo and Kayla both on the canvas, Roman really isn't needed..Plus with Hope taking over as comissioner, Roman won't have much to do..

But I'd be alright with Bryan Datillo going..I like Lucas, but don't really feel he's that needed right now..Although i don't like the fact of losing another Horton..

Mason
Member Avatar

There'll be blizzards in hell before Corday fires Josh Taylor.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ok we are all wondering who will get the ax can you imagine what the Days cast members are thinking?? Do you think who ever it is knows already?

Ali and Lauren must be happy that they were sent back to the couch - but the rest of them must be out getting new head shots so they can go out on casting calls.....

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm pretty sure Bryan Dattilo(Lucas), Rachel Melvin(Chelsea) nor Jay Kenneth Johnson(Phillip) are going. I think the vet may be Josh Taylor(Roman) or Lauren Koslow(Kate). I think the other person is Molly Burnett(Melanie), probably she'll end up being Trent's murderer. If Molly Burnett is out, I think she'd be perfect as Sarah Roberts on ONE LIFE.
Quote Post Goto Top

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Am I the only one not impressed by Molly Burnett? I think she interprets the material fine, but she just doesn't have acting chops to deliver the lines well. I think her performances are noy very believable.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 23 2008, 05:18 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 23 2008, 01:56 PM
Does this include Kristen Renton? This is the same rumor that was was posted when she was given her exit. So I'm going to assume she is the one actress. So that leaves another actress and a vet. I'm going to say that Jay Kenneth Johnson is the vet. Yes, he's considered a vet if you ask me. He's been on the show for almost 10 years, off and on. And he makes sense considering his contract is up soon, and he's had a pretty successful career outside of DAYS. He can definitely go back to that.

I don't think Bryan Dattilo is going anywhere. If they really wanted to get rid of him, he would have been let go when Lucas went to prison. But no, plans were changed once Higley came onto the show and Lucas was saved. So I don't see him going anywhere.

As for the other actress, I would have said Nadia Bjorlin before news broke that Brady was coming back. Due to that breaking news, I'm going to guess that Molly Burnett is going. I wish it was Shelley Henning, but I don't think so.

So I'm going to guess the list includes Kristen Renton (gone), Jay Kenneth Johnson (sadly) and Molly Burnett (again, sadly).
I don't think this includes Renton because this is a new post by Soaps.com. It was SOD that mentioned beloved vet and so on a while back.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Tripp
Sep 23 2008, 02:07 PM
Angie79
Rakesh198
Jonatha
Rakesh198
jcar03

Here is her post -

Quote:

Actually RM wrote that on her own forum . You have to be logged into to see it but it's http://rachel-melvin/forum.

She's written many things pushing the chan fans to continue with the story.

That said, I'm gonna be pissed as hell if they get rid of actors I like (such as Rachel Melvin and Molly Burnett) to hire these new bozos that are from Passions.
Ah
thanks!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply