Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GL: Former AMC actor cast as Shayne
Topic Started: Sep 23 2008, 01:17 PM (722 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

GL Casting Scoop!
Soap Opera Digest has learned that Emmy-nominated actor Jeff Branson (ex-Jonathan, AMC) has been tapped to fill the the long-awaited recast role of GL's Shayne Lewis. Branson left Pine Valley earlier this year and will be heading to Springfield on December 1 as Josh and Reva's son, who had recently gone missing in Afghanistan. Branson is the seventh actor to play the part. Shayne was last seen on-screen back in 2004.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Jeff was a good actor trapped in a horrible role. AMC doesn't know what to do with decent actors.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Sucks for him. He'd be better off unemployed.
Edited by darraholic, Sep 23 2008, 01:59 PM.

oakdalelover

I am glad they are bringing back the character of Shayne.

I am not familiar with Branson. I am glad they didn't go with Jon Prescott (soon to be ex Mike, ATWT).

To me- since they have changed their writing team it is a little better now.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

oakdalelover
Sep 23 2008, 02:06 PM

I am not familiar with Branson. I am glad they didn't go with Jon Prescott (soon to be ex Mike, ATWT).

Me too James.

And I have to agree the show is getting much better. I think people just like to bitch to be bitching and they aren't even watching the show LOL

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Finally! I thought they would never announce it. I mentioned this in Suds over a month ago. But my lips were sworn to secrecy. Good casting, huh?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

hunterforrester
Sep 23 2008, 02:39 PM
Finally! I thought they would never announce it. I mentioned this in Suds over a month ago. But my lips were sworn to secrecy. Good casting, huh?
GREAT casting! The Jonathan Lavery character was a mess but Branson is a talented actor!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Rick
Sep 23 2008, 02:26 PM
oakdalelover
Sep 23 2008, 02:06 PM

Me too James.

And I have to agree the show is getting much better. I think people just like to bitch to be bitching and they aren't even watching the show LOL
I have to admit to being one of those people since I gave up a couple of months back and I've taken pot shots at Wheeler AND the show since! I'll have to try and actually WATCH it before I weigh in again! LOL!

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 23 2008, 01:59 PM
Well...I'm sure he won't have to wait too long.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 23 2008, 03:59 PM
darraholic
Sep 23 2008, 01:59 PM
Well...I'm sure he won't have to wait too long.
I'd heard a rumor he was trying out for a role at B&B AFTER Owen already showed up. I guess that rumor was BS because this seems to have been in the works for awhile according to Nelson. I really hope GL holds on but I don't see how SEVERAL of these shows survive with the dismal ratings we have lately.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Mason — you're killing me! Stop stealing my act — and doing it better than me! LOL!

Daytime
Member Avatar

I am glad they are bringing Shayne back, I think that GL made a good choice.

King
Member Avatar

This is a good catch for GL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply