Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Internship open for Spring at DOOL
Topic Started: Sep 24 2008, 09:38 AM (1,381 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks to SFHDoc @ FL for posting this.

Days of Our Lives

Winter/Spring Production Office Internship
This is a PART TIME Unpaid Internship
Date Posted: 9/22/2008 3:01:14 PM
Details: Our interns have a variety of job duties:
answering phones
script breakdowns
booking scripts
contracts for day players and extras
delivering scripts daily to the actors
delivering schedules daily to the actors
distributing production material to cast and crew
fan mail
flashback orientation (learn how they are paid)
observing in all depts. of interest to the student
shadowing directors

Students must be a full time college student, enrolled in an internship course and receiving college credit for the internship. Students must also have the appropriate major (ie: Mass Comm, Television Production, TV & Film, etc.). We will not accept students who are Business majors, Computer Science majors, etc.
Salary: Unpaid internship
Please tell Days of Our Lives that you found the listing at

Via email: JOB-90147-84@entertainmentcareers.net

This employer will accept your resume as text in body of email
This employer will accept your resume as an attachment

Via fax: (818) 840-4968
Via Mail: Days of Our Lives

C/O Terie Wohlford

NBC-TV

Stages 2 & 4

3000 W. Alameda Ave.

Burbank, Ca 91523
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ah man, if only I was living in L.A.
Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Sounds like a fun, but work intensive job for a college student.

thanks Rake!

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Believe me it's not an internship you should take unless you're actually interested in working at a soap after you graduate.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I would love to do this.

Mason

Even if I lived near L.A. (or in California at all, LoL), I could never do this. I'd be WAY too tempted to tell Corday what a stupid jackass he is.
Edited by Mason, Sep 24 2008, 01:19 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Sep 24 2008, 12:34 PM
I would love to do this.
I'd love for you to do it too - then we'd really have some fantastic inside sources. :D

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Sariah
Sep 24 2008, 01:19 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 24 2008, 12:34 PM
I would love to do this.
I'd love for you to do it too - then we'd really have some fantastic inside sources. :D
Then I'm going to be fired. :laugh:

LOL Mason. I will be the new diva on the set. lmao j/k

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Isn't King living in LA now. He needs to apply stat and give us juicy scoop.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, take this as a sign the show is going nowhere.

Days wouldn't be looking for an intern if it was going off in March. Wish they would just announce this shit already.

This is interesting. If I were in college, I would totally take it. King should go out for it. He lives out there and we could always use a scoopster on the inside.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Even though I don't think DAYS is getting cancelled anytime soon, I don't think this job offer has anything to do with the future of DAYS. It's asking for the position to be filled in fall and winter. If DAYS was getting cancelled, it would do so in March, meaning it wold probably air into April or May. The show would still need someone to do the job that these interns do for the months leading up to the final day.

Again, I'm not saying that's the case, but it seems like people are just grasping at straws or anything to say DAYS has a future.

As for the job, if this was my major and I was close to LA, I would totally do it. It would be my dream to work at DAYS despite being a psych major. It would definitely make me re-think my major choice if I was guarenteed a job there. As an aspiring writer, this is how you get into the business. That would be awesome.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 24 2008, 10:46 PM
Even though I don't think DAYS is getting cancelled anytime soon, I don't think this job offer has anything to do with the future of DAYS. It's asking for the position to be filled in fall and winter. If DAYS was getting cancelled, it would do so in March, meaning it wold probably air into April or May. The show would still need someone to do the job that these interns do for the months leading up to the final day.

Again, I'm not saying that's the case, but it seems like people are just grasping at straws or anything to say DAYS has a future.

As for the job, if this was my major and I was close to LA, I would totally do it. It would be my dream to work at DAYS despite being a psych major. It would definitely make me re-think my major choice if I was guarenteed a job there. As an aspiring writer, this is how you get into the business. That would be awesome.
Actually, the internship is for winter/spring so it fits with March, which is why I brought up the cancellation topic.

You are right though. It is grasping at straws, which could be avoided if the show let us know once in awhile what was going on.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

My bad. Still, the show would still need this position filled up until the very last day.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 24 2008, 01:19 PM
Even if I lived near L.A. (or in California at all, LoL), I could never do this. I'd be WAY too tempted to tell Corday what a stupid jackass he is.
Ooh! Good idea!

California, here I come!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I would love to do something like this for the sole purpose of interacting with James Scott and Jay Kenneth Johnson on a regular basis even if it just entails delivering scripts :) I'd also like to be one of those coveted "insiders".

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 24 2008, 11:05 PM
My bad. Still, the show would still need this position filled up until the very last day.
Good point. I just think that would be a waste though.

LMAO Kenny. You should totally do it. You've always been our rep. Calling the studio and all that. Just think of the fun if you actually worked there. :laugh: .

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Interns don't get paid. No waste.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

When I first read this post and read the name that resumes are supposed to be sent to I thought of one person....... :peek:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 24 2008, 11:26 PM
Interns don't get paid. No waste.
Well there are paid internships but this isn't one, which makes sense given Days' budget issues.

What I meant was it would be a waste in terms of effort to get someone for this if it the show was just ending.

Mason

A lot of internships don't pay, actually.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply