Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:Sami/Nicole/EJ article; Plus other tidbits
Topic Started: Sep 24 2008, 08:20 PM (4,553 Views)
Days4Life

My first impression on reading this article is that Sami and Lucas are working out a friendship between them, not a romance. They were friends first--and I liked them best as friends. With Sami pregnant with an EJ baby, I don't think Lucas is going to want any kind of romantic relationship with her again. In fact, this article reinforces my feeling that Lucas is the vet rumored to be leaving, especially with JKJ close to re-signing. They will probably go back to a Philip/Chloe/Brady triangle, and that will leave Lucas with no story. If they do revisit a Lucas/Sami/EJ triangle or bring in Nicole and make it a quad, then heaven help us because the Lumi/EJami stuff has been completely overdone.

Phoenix, you make an interesting point about killing off Lucas and using his lung to help Kate. I don't know if such a thing is even feasible for lung cancer, but this is DAYS we're talking about and none of the usual medical rules seem to apply. While I would find it surprising that they would kill off Lucas, it would make an interesting story and send some things in a new direction.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Days4Life
Sep 25 2008, 07:32 AM
My first impression on reading this article is that Sami and Lucas are working out a friendship between them, not a romance. They were friends first--and I liked them best as friends. With Sami pregnant with an EJ baby, I don't think Lucas is going to want any kind of romantic relationship with her again. In fact, this article reinforces my feeling that Lucas is the vet rumored to be leaving, especially with JKJ close to re-signing. They will probably go back to a Philip/Chloe/Brady triangle, and that will leave Lucas with no story. If they do revisit a Lucas/Sami/EJ triangle or bring in Nicole and make it a quad, then heaven help us because the Lumi/EJami stuff has been completely overdone.

Phoenix, you make an interesting point about killing off Lucas and using his lung to help Kate. I don't know if such a thing is even feasible for lung cancer, but this is DAYS we're talking about and none of the usual medical rules seem to apply. While I would find it surprising that they would kill off Lucas, it would make an interesting story and send some things in a new direction.
BUT, lately (and I don't know if it's a Scott thing or a Higley thing), they have tried to be more accurate in regards to medical issues. For instance, Bo's pancreatic problem DOES exist in real life. They're actually giving a name to Kate's condition and emphasizing it can happen to a seemingly healthy woman who doesn't smoke. If they keep up this route, then they'll probably investigate this a little further. This isn't like the JER days when Jack would keep coming up with unnamed fatal illnesses that get miraculously cured.
As far as that goes, according to this, it's NOT recommended for lung cancer. Although, the spoilers say Dan SUSPECTS Kate has lung cancer. Do any spoilers come out and say she HAS lung cancer?
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 25 2008, 09:18 AM.

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Sep 25 2008, 09:17 AM
Days4Life
Sep 25 2008, 07:32 AM

BUT, lately (and I don't know if it's a Scott thing or a Higley thing), they have tried to be more accurate in regards to medical issues. For instance, Bo's pancreatic problem DOES exist in real life. They're actually giving a name to Kate's condition and emphasizing it can happen to a seemingly healthy woman who doesn't smoke. If they keep up this route, then they'll probably investigate this a little further. This isn't like the JER days when Jack would keep coming up with unnamed fatal illnesses that get miraculously cured.
As far as that goes, according to this, it's NOT recommended for lung cancer. Although, the spoilers say Dan SUSPECTS Kate has lung cancer. Do any spoilers come out and say she HAS lung cancer?
Very good point. You're right; they have been making the medical stories more realistic, but we don't know who was responsible for that. I hope it wasn't just Ed Scott but they keep going that route. A lot of viewers are dealing with real illness in their lives and it's disrespectful to them when the medical issues are trivialized.

As for Kate, it's possible she doesn't have lung cancer and the spoilers have been misleading us. I would be fine with that because I like to remain unspoiled but am too weak-willed to stay out of some of the threads about them! Maybe she does have a condition that would be cured by a lung transplant and that theory will actually play out; however, I must say that I'm not a Lucas fan at all and I still feel a little queasy about speculating about his demise!

Nicole Walker

A step in their development? What does that mean?

aimees76
Member Avatar

I guess it is simply impossible that Lumi could eventually reunite, Ejole could ultimately get together, and Phloe could reunite .. leaving Brady as a temporary stumbling block for Phloe round3 ? I mean, of course this MUST mean that BD is getting the axe, right, because Lumi is totally dead? I just don't think so. If Lumi were dead, they would leave them that way, not bring Lucas in to be there for Sami at a time like this. I honestly do not think that BD is going anywhere, and I have never believed for a second that Ejami would end up together. Let's see, Nicole finds out she is pregnant and immediately wants to tell EJ and is thrilled about it, even though she has previously believed that she would be a horrible mother. Meanwhile, Sami finds out she is pregnant, has to be reminded by Lucas as to when it occurred, panics, is upset about it, and has to think and scheme before she tells EJ. Hmmm ... I don't know, call me crazy, but that doesn't sound like Ejami love to me.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

This sucks!

Why are Days torturing me like this?

Days4Life

aimees76
Sep 25 2008, 10:39 AM
I guess it is simply impossible that Lumi could eventually reunite, Ejole could ultimately get together, and Phloe could reunite .. leaving Brady as a temporary stumbling block for Phloe round3 ? I mean, of course this MUST mean that BD is getting the axe, right, because Lumi is totally dead? I just don't think so. If Lumi were dead, they would leave them that way, not bring Lucas in to be there for Sami at a time like this. I honestly do not think that BD is going anywhere, and I have never believed for a second that Ejami would end up together. Let's see, Nicole finds out she is pregnant and immediately wants to tell EJ and is thrilled about it, even though she has previously believed that she would be a horrible mother. Meanwhile, Sami finds out she is pregnant, has to be reminded by Lucas as to when it occurred, panics, is upset about it, and has to think and scheme before she tells EJ. Hmmm ... I don't know, call me crazy, but that doesn't sound like Ejami love to me.
I don't know if we'll end up with Lumi, Ejami, Phloe, Broe, Ejole or any other combination of names and initials...however, I do think that with the addition of two new male characters in the age range of Nicole, Sami and Chloe that the field is getting a little crowded. Unless these new contract roles are short-term, someone's probably going to have to go. I'm not throwing out Bryan's name just because I don't like the character of Lucas but because I see him as the one who's being used the least right now. Before the news broke about the hiring of two 30-something actors, I was thinking it may be Josh Taylor who is the "beloved vet" leaving and maybe that will be the case or it will be someone else entirely. At this point it's all just speculation based on the very little information we have.

Fuzzy

Days4Life
Sep 25 2008, 11:32 AM
aimees76
I don't know if we'll end up with Lumi, Ejami, Phloe, Broe, Ejole or any other combination of names and initials...however, I do think that with the addition of two new male characters in the age range of Nicole, Sami and Chloe that the field is getting a little crowded. Unless these new contract roles are short-term, someone's probably going to have to go. I'm not throwing out Bryan's name just because I don't like the character of Lucas but because I see him as the one who's being used the least right now. Before the news broke about the hiring of two 30-something actors, I was thinking it may be Josh Taylor who is the "beloved vet" leaving and maybe that will be the case or it will be someone else entirely. At this point it's all just speculation based on the very little information we have.
That my read on the situation as well. My first thought was that JKJ was leaving, but since he said he's probably staying that makes me think it's BD. He's the only one in the 30 something group that could be considered a vet. And they aren't using him that much.

It's possible that James is leaving, and the vet is someone completely unrelated...

ilovemydays

Just because there are two more men coming to Salem doesn't necessarily mean that DAYS will be cutting a guy in the same age group. TPTB rarely does what I would expect. The guys might not be romantically for a while. Unless you count Kate and the EJami rape you could say that EJ went without a romantic pairing for over two years.

Then again we could end up with Lumi, an Ejole/FBI guy tri and a Philoe/Brady tri.Who knows?
If I use logic when speculating what TPTB will do I almost always end up guessing wrong. I mean, I never would have guessed that they were planning on axing Martha and Brandon just after they did new promo pics of the Phloe/Shelle quad.

Good thing I'm not a gambler. I'd be a screwed as Trent.
Edited by ilovemydays, Sep 25 2008, 12:19 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 25 2008, 11:32 AM
aimees76
The 30 something crowd is very crowded now with the addition of these two actors .... I suspected that Phillip/JKJ and Lucas/BD were the ones on the bubble - JKJ looked the most vulnerable with the character of Morgan leaving Salem .... but now with the news that Phliip/JKJ seems safe. My guess is it is Bryan/Lucas that will be saying good bye to Salem.

Sami/EJ/Nicole
JKJ/Chloe/Brady

or it could be

Sami/EJ/Nicole/GG
JkJ/Chloe/Brady/Nicole

Nicole could get involved with (the FBI guy or Brady again) or she could continue to fight for EJ
Chloe could drop Lucas and go back to Phllip and Brady could come back and try to win his wife back

I suppose that Lucas could come back to the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle - but been there done that ....and it seems like Chloe/Lucas relationship is about over. I don't think we need all of these guys BD/GG/EM - all of whom play the same type of persona (Beefcake).

I think the nail in the coffin of the Lucas character is that the ratings actually went up when he was gone for months and went down the week after he came back ... granted this may not have anything to do with the ratings ... but that's the problem the character of Lucas leaving would not affect anything accept give them salary savings ....

Edited by cjknick, Sep 25 2008, 12:29 PM.

Fuzzy

Quote:

Just because there are two more men coming to Salem doesn't necessarily mean that DAYS will be cutting a guy in the same age group. TPTB rarely does what I would expect. The guys might not be romantically for a while. Unless you count Kate and the EJami rape you could say that EJ went without a romantic pairing for over two years.

Then again we could end up with Lumi, an Ejole/FBI guy tri and a Philoe/Brady tri.Who knows?
If I use logic when speculating what TPTB will do I almost always end up guessing wrong. I mean, I never would have guessed that they were planning on axing Martha and Brandon just after they did new promo pics of the Phloe/Shelle quad.

Good thing I'm not a gambler. I'd be a screwed as Trent.

That's true. But the other thing is that they seem to be edging him out of all his potential storylines. They're replacing him in the Lucas/Chloe/Philip triangle with Brady. Philip isn't even mad at Lucas, which is amazing considering that Phloe hadn't actually broken up before the elevator scenes. Lumi getting closer should end the Allie custody battle. And if they were going to reunite them, you'd think they'd leave at least the possibilty that Lucas is the father of Sami's child. It wouldn't be the first time a baby was conceived off screen. Instead, they're slamming the door closed by having him be at the hospital.

But I was also shocked when they fired Martha/Brandon, so you never know.
Edited by Fuzzy, Sep 25 2008, 12:53 PM.

salempc
Member Avatar

Bryan's not going anywhere. JKJ may not be going anywhere. James? Who knows at this point?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

That's true. But the other thing is that they seem to be edging him out of all his potential storylines. They're replacing him in the Lucas/Chloe/Philip triangle with Brady. Philip isn't even mad at Lucas, which is amazing considering that Phloe hadn't actually broken up before the elevator scenes. Lumi getting closer should end the Allie custody battle. And if they were going to reunite them, you'd think they'd leave at least the possibilty that Lucas is the father of Sami's child. It wouldn't be the first time a baby was conceived off screen. Instead, they're slamming the door closed by having him be at the hospital.

I agree that Lucas is being edged out of basically every storyline. The Chlucas experiment is clearly about to end so he's out of that triangle. (I'd disagree somewhat that Philip isn't angry at him--there was tension back when he found out about it, and Philip giving Lucas a job wouldn't be the first time he hooked up someone with a job that might keep him out of town, like he did with Shawn.) Anyway, even Lucas's place in Kate's life is being marginalized somewhat; in the past it probably would have been Lucas, not Philip, who insisted Kate go to the hospital; Lucas, not Philip, who was pissed about Daniel and Kate. Instead Lucas is being left out of much of that.

The only place on the canvas I see for Lucas coming up is if he's back with Sami in some capacity. But AS is going to be on maternity leave soon, although not soon enough for me, so what then?
Edited by Paxton, Sep 25 2008, 12:52 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

salempc
Sep 25 2008, 12:42 PM
Bryan's not going anywhere. JKJ may not be going anywhere. James? Who knows at this point?
James is in contract negotations - so if he goes he will go on his own terms .... not be fired ... we are talking about a vet being fired and since they didn't say it was a female vet we can only assume it is a male vet. JKJ is apparently safe ... and the 30 something male category is getting crowded with the two new male characters being added .... but they could supprise us and it is anyone's guess!
Edited by cjknick, Sep 25 2008, 01:52 PM.

six
Member Avatar

cjknick
Sep 25 2008, 12:52 PM
salempc
Sep 25 2008, 12:42 PM
James is in contract negotations - so if he goes he will go on his own terms .... not be fired ... we are talking about a vet being fired and since they didn't say it was a female vet we can only assume it is a male vet. JKJ is apparently safe ... and the 30 something male category is getting crowded with the two new male characters being added .... If I were BD fans I would get the petitions started!
I agree. If JKJ or JS walk, that's a separate issue. Now if BD is the vet, and one of the two former actors can't come to an agreement with Days, then that might open up a spot for him. I initially thought it was JKJ too, after the interview where he said Days hadn't approached him about his contract yet, but now I believe it's BD.

It is true that Josh Taylor has no story, but he's been part of the background for years. Up until recently, Lucas was all over the place, and now there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon for him.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Is it reported that the vet will be someone from the thirtyish crowd, or is that the assumption because of the new guys coming to town?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

DolceDiMera
Sep 25 2008, 03:25 PM
Is it reported that the vet will be someone from the thirtyish crowd, or is that the assumption because of the new guys coming to town?
Just an assumption. We don't even know for sure if the vet being let go is male or female.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

It is possible that NO vet will be fired.

six
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 25 2008, 03:35 PM
DolceDiMera
Sep 25 2008, 03:25 PM
Just an assumption. We don't even know for sure if the vet being let go is male or female.
Yea, I just assumed, because of the wording (two females and a vet).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ArizonaDaze
Sep 25 2008, 04:02 PM
It is possible that NO vet will be fired.
That is what keeps getting lost in all this.

It was said a vet is in on the bubble. Nothing is concrete although with two new men coming in I would think cuts will be needed. There is just too many guys, especially with Jay in talks to stay.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply