Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, Nicole
Topic Started: Sep 25 2008, 08:03 AM (1,517 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Both of EJ's women learn they are pregnant this week, as first Nicole and then Sami receive the news from their doctors. Arianne Zucker (Nicole) is pleased with the twist and looking forward to the fallout.

SOW: So Nicole and Sami are both pregnant. What are your thoughts on the story?

AZ: I chuckled a little when I found out. It's like doing a double whammy. I mean, did fans really expect Nicole and Sami both to be pregnant? That's kind of fun.

SOW: Are you excited about the plot implications?

AZ: Yes. I'm very excited my character is pregnant. She never has been before. She's never even attempted to have children. And with Sami being pregnant at the same time, it should make for a great story. That's inevitable with Sami and Nicole. There's quirky energy between the two characters. That's always fun. Then there's the constant battle and conflict between them. This is just one more thing to add to their drama.

SOW: What is Nicole's initial reaction when the doctor tells her she's having a baby?

AZ: Nicole thinks she's sick from eating Caroline's clam chowder, that the clams were bad. Then the doctor says she's pregnant. She's like, "You have got to be flipping kidding me!" Nicole doesn't think it's possible. She'd had been told she couldn't have children.

SOW: Is she happy about the news?

AZ: Nicole is thrilled to be pregnant, and especially with EJ's baby. She's truly in love with him. With everything happening lately - the situation with Victor, Trent ruining her life, and pining over EJ - the idea of having this baby is wonderful. She'll finally have something that is hers and someone she can love unconditionally. It's kind of sad and wonderful at the same time.

SOW: Nicole runs in to EJ and they end up planning a dinner date at the DiMera mansion. What happens when she gets there?

AZ: Nicole's very excited to tell EJ she's pregnant. She wants to have a family with him.

SOW: But she never gets the chance. EJ gets a call saying Sami is at the hospital and bolts, leaving Nicole alone at the candlelit table!

AZ: How sad is that? EJ and Nicole barely get ten minutes together - ever. Sami is constantly pulling EJ away from Nicole. Now Nicole is looking forward to this date and EJ gets plucked away from her again. By guess who? Sami! It's frustrating. Nicole is ready to explode.

SOW: Does she have second thoughts about telling EJ her news?

AZ: Nicole is thinking, "I don't want this in my life. Is EJ ever going to be around for this child? Maybe this child would be better off not knowing who is father is. Maybe I should do this by myself." Nicole is confused. She doesn't want this kind of thing for the rest of their lives, where Sami calls and EJ goes running.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting ...

So are we going to have a s/l where EJ has gotten two women pregnant and he will be told (lied to) that he isn't the father of either baby ... UGH!

Dawn7
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha
Edited by Dawn7, Sep 25 2008, 08:13 AM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha.
This is pretty much how I expected it Nicole's reaction to play out.
I suspect Sami will tell him before Nicole does, but two women keeping the paternity from EJ is still lame.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Ok does SOW have Ari on speed dial or what? How many times in the past few months have they interviewed her??

Nicole Walker

AWWW Nicole is thrilled about her pregnancy! I can't wait to see her be a mom. I wonder if she has a boy or a girl. I figured she wouldn't tell EJ about the pregnancy. Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

ilovemydays

Thanks for posting the article Jonatha.
I think its sweet that Nicole is so happy about being pregnant with EJ's baby. If she was pregnant with anyone else's baby she'd probably be freaked out.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm glad they have Nicole wanting this pregnancy. Do I think she should have a baby? No. But Nicole, especially in this state of her life, with all of the losses in love that she's had, she probably thinks a baby would be the best thign. It's one of those cases where the woman wants a baby becaues that baby will love her. She's not thinking about how difficult life is going to be with a newborn. All she wants is someone that will love her uncondtionally and someone that she can love as well.

And I do like the twist of her not telling EJ right now. I'm hoping it is revealed later on down the line, but I wouldn't mind someone coming into the story and agreeing to pose as Nicole's baby's father for a while. With Brady coming on, it could be him, but then again, Brady hated Nicole before he left Salem with Chloe in 2005. After everything Nicole's done to Brady, I doubt he'd do that for her.

Then there's the rumors that Eric may be coming back. I could totally see Eric posing as the father to help Nicole. They were on good terms before Eric left in 2000.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Another closer look with Nicole, can't say that I'm shocked. I guess no one else is up for an interview.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

EGADS. So, Nicole is the flavor of the month. It's not like she's had the cover every other month in the past......................After all, we had All Sami, All the Time not TOO long ago on the screen....... :huh: I remember a few years ago, quite a few Shimi covers and articles when they were the Flavor of the Month. Marlena's been the Flavor of the Month more times than any of us can count. Nicole's getting some good stuff. Why not promote it?

I think the interview sounds super. It's kind of nice for Nicole to want this baby. A little renewal, if you will. I don't want her to lose her snark, but shades of gray are nice. A little regret about the past is nice. A little excitement of having a piece of someone she loves (if you will) is nice. I just don't understand why some folks are begrudging about that. Wait, yes I do. :P

aimees76
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 25 2008, 06:21 PM
EGADS. So, Nicole is the flavor of the month. It's not like she's had the cover every other month in the past......................After all, we had All Sami, All the Time not TOO long ago on the screen....... :huh: I remember a few years ago, quite a few Shimi covers and articles when they were the Flavor of the Month. Marlena's been the Flavor of the Month more times than any of us can count. Nicole's getting some good stuff. Why not promote it?

I think the interview sounds super. It's kind of nice for Nicole to want this baby. A little renewal, if you will. I don't want her to lose her snark, but shades of gray are nice. A little regret about the past is nice. A little excitement of having a piece of someone she loves (if you will) is nice. I just don't understand why some folks are begrudging about that. Wait, yes I do. :P
:hail: :applause:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

She seems happy and I look forward to Nicole being pregnant. Ari seems like alot of fun and is clearly into her material right now.

Sami...not so much but the story is sounding ok so far.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 25 2008, 06:52 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply