Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Philip & Chloe, take three
Topic Started: Sep 25 2008, 08:12 AM (1,420 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Sure, Chloe may be dating Lucas, but she and Philip are drawn to each other again this week. "I think we have some scenes and Gary (Tomlin, co-executive producer) was like, 'Oh, they work together on screen,'" says Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip), of the renewed spark between "Phloe." "She and Lucas are having problems, and Philip and Chloe still have that chemistry and it's going to be explored." Has Philip gotten over the fact that his brother is dating his ex? "Philip was pretty forgiving, for lack of a better word," observes Johnson. "Anybody would be jealous and a little pissed off if your brother was with your woman."

The two run in to each other at the Brady Pub and things turn flirtatious. Chloe admits she misses singing, later, Lucas encourages Chloe to return to her musical roots and privately asks Philip to make a call to an opera company. By weeks' end, Philip and Chloe are kissing, which Morgan spies; she and Philip split and she leaves town.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thank you for posting.
That Gary sure has some sharp eyes :$. They had chemistry during Gary's first run with the show and yes they still have combustible chemistry now. I am a little disappointed that there is not more tension between them because of Chloe sleeping with his brother, but other than that this sounds good. I wish Lucas would just get out of the picture and let Phloe rekindle their flame.
Peace out Morgan! :wave:

daysfan
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Sep 25 2008, 08:33 AM
Thank you for posting.
That Gary sure has some sharp eyes :$. They had chemistry during Gary's first run with the show and yes they still have combustible chemistry now. I am a little disappointed that there is not more tension between them because of Chloe sleeping with his brother, but other than that this sounds good. I wish Lucas would just get out of the picture and let Phloe rekindle their flame.
Were they even alive during Gary's first run. :P

Wow, talk about quick exit for Morgan. This all doesn't sound bad though, and also on a side note I like that Gary is sort of involving himself in the shows creative process in the right way(as in not the way Scott and the "diva" did). For some reason I am feeling positive about Days, and I'm not even sure why. :lol:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

daysfan
Sep 25 2008, 08:39 AM
DolceDiMera
Sep 25 2008, 08:33 AM
Thank you for posting.
Were they even alive during Gary's first run. :P

Wow, talk about quick exit for Morgan. This all doesn't sound bad though, and also on a side note I like that Gary is sort of involving himself in the shows creative process in the right way(as in not the way Scott and the "diva" did). For some reason I am feeling positive about Days, and I'm not even sure why. :lol:
You're right. I'm confusing him with the new co-head writer, Christopher Whitesell, not Gary Tomlin. Chris wrote a lot of good Phloe material. Nonetheless, I'm glad someone at Days has their eyes open. Welcom back Gary!
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 25 2008, 09:00 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Damn, i might have to be forced to fast forward the pretty again. Oh, well. Win some, lose some.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 25 2008, 09:08 AM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Gary knows whereof he speaks! :D This makes me very excited. Thanks so much for posting!

marisol40

Damn, i might have to be forced to fast forward the pretty again. Oh, well. Win some, lose some.

LMAO, I'm also about to grab for mine too. Can't wait to see that nipped in the bud come November when Philip and Chloe, take three becomes Broe versus Phloe take two. LOL

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I'll take Phloe. Broe was forced IMO and I couldn't stand all that singing.

Days used to be really good when Chloe was Ghoul girl. I'll always remember how stunned Phillip when was the Goddess revealed hersef at the Last Blast.

marisol40

I'm the opposite. I'll take Broe any day over Phloe. You couldn't handle the singing and I couldn't handle how Philip use to verbally abuse her everytime he got a bug up his ass.
Edited by marisol40, Sep 25 2008, 10:59 AM.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Phillip was verbally abusive. But Chloe had her bitch moments too. I could never tell if she was good or bad.

I was never fully crazy in love about either, but Phloe appealed to me more. Broe's story got so ridiculous in the end. Why would she let him think she were dead just because of a scar? Was it really that superficial?

marisol40

Why would she let him think she were dead just because of a scar? Was it really that superficial?

One word....Reilly! What couple did he do justice to when he was writing the show???

daysfan
Member Avatar

That Nicole/Brady/Chloe triangle post-Melaswan was so stupid beyond words. I hated it because what I think JER had as an actually intriguing story(Brady and Nicole, but all of Nicole's schemes thrown in) from 2003-2004, then in 2005 it turned just awful. It felt contrived, plot-driven, and also isolated from everyone else. Nicole didn't start interacting with that many people until Brady and Chloe left. So yes, I'd take Phloe anyday over Broe.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Sep 25 2008, 11:41 AM
That Nicole/Brady/Chloe triangle post-Melaswan was so stupid beyond words. I hated it because what I think JER had as an actually intriguing story(Brady and Nicole, but all of Nicole's schemes thrown in) from 2003-2004, then in 2005 it turned just awful. It felt contrived, plot-driven, and also isolated from everyone else. Nicole didn't start interacting with that many people until Brady and Chloe left. So yes, I'd take Phloe anyday over Broe.
It sure was, although the story was a mess to begin with since they let Nadia come and go. That is why they had to keep dragging things out and stopping and picking the story up again. You can't do a story when you don't have the actress most of the time.

I'm optimistic too about all this. This is the way you influence the show as an EP. Focus on the technical while also SUGGESTING things. If the HW is being difficult, then go to Corday or Sony or whoever. Don't break the damn rules. I agree with Tomlin in that Phloe have chemistry. I would rather have Philip and Morgan but I can deal as Phloe is a whole lot better then Broe given the way Broe was when they left.

Look forward to seeing these scenes. Not surprised Morgan gets a hasty exit. Clearly once Scott left she lost the main reason why she was still around. I'm happy with how Phloe are being revisited though. It started today and seems to be happening gradually, which is good.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Phillip and Chloe are much better suited for each other than the other two options we've had this summer..

Nicole Walker

Go Phloe!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply