Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW tidbits
Topic Started: Sep 25 2008, 08:25 AM (2,854 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Revolving door:

Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes will turn up in Salem on Sept 29.

Marshall Hilliard (Dylan): Look for the cop to pop back into town.

Oh, Baby!

Questions about whether or not Alison Sweeney's real life pregnancy would be addressed are answered this week, when Sami turns up an expectant mother-to-be, too.

"I totally came up with the story because of her pregnancy," says head writer, Dena Higley, admitting she's "loving" the telling of it. "We will probably time it out so her character will give birth around the time Ali's ready to go on maternity leave. We'll have to see how she's doing and feeling.

Sweeney, whose due date is in January, will most likely tape through the show's December holiday break. However, Higley insists her character won't be off the canvas too long.

"Gary (Tomlin, ex-producer) and I have come up with a scenario that will make it easy to pre and post tape scenes," says Higley. "So she won't be off camera that much."

Sneak peeks:

Daniel insists on helping Kate through her ordeal
Melanie and Max suspect each other of murder
Theo makes a breakthrough in therapy
Kayla is appointed chief of staff
Morgan finds Philip kissing Chloe
Lucas rushes Sami to the hospital

Next week:

Nick gets a DUI
EJ is forced to make a choice
Melanie and Stephanie take it to the mat

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jonatha
Sep 25 2008, 08:25 AM

Next week:

Nick gets a DUI
EJ is forced to make a choice

Nick gets a DUI? Really?

And I can guess what EJ's choice is.

I'd rather see Melanie and Chelsea rumble.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Quote:

"I Allison totally came up with the story because of her pregnancy," says head writer, Dena Higley, admitting she's "loving" the telling of it.

Fixed.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Lol Darraholic!

Days4Life

Jonatha
Sep 25 2008, 08:25 AM

Sweeney, whose due date is in January, will most likely tape through the show's December holiday break. However, Higley insists her character won't be off the canvas too long.

"Gary (Tomlin, ex-producer) and I have come up with a scenario that will make it easy to pre and post tape scenes," says Higley. "So she won't be off camera that much."

Oh no, that's what they said last time Ali went on maternity leave...and we got Stan!

Alligato
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 25 2008, 08:30 AM
Quote:

"I Allison totally came up with the story because of her pregnancy," says head writer, Dena Higley, admitting she's "loving" the telling of it.

Fixed.
No shit, Darraholic!! LOL!

I think I don't like this story very much because the way Ali has put it up...she didn't want to hide behind pillows and plants and purses, she didn't want to inconvenience the prop guys, etc.
What about what is good for the story and the character??? Sami doesn't need another child!!! And I can't think of too many people who want to see Sami pregnant again after the chaos of her last pregnancy!!!

Once I get over my hangups about that, I think I will love this story!!!

cjknick
Member Avatar

I wonder what In the world EJ has to make a decision about?

EJ's got so much on his plate right now it could be a number of things.... It could be whether or not he should have Nicole move into the mansion, it could be a marriage proposal to Sami or Nicole, It could be he has to decide on defending someone on a murder case, It could be that the mayor wants him to be the new city prosecutor, it could be that he has to decide to either be on John's side, Tony's side or Stefano's side.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
Sep 25 2008, 10:30 AM

I think I don't like this story very much because the way Ali has put it up...she didn't want to hide behind pillows and plants and purses, she didn't want to inconvenience the prop guys, etc.
What about what is good for the story and the character??? Sami doesn't need another child!!! And I can't think of too many people who want to see Sami pregnant again after the chaos of her last pregnancy!!!

Alligato, this is exactly my problem with this storyline. Well, that and I'm so tired and sick of Sami and I wish she would just fall off the face of the earth. But to me writing this storyline is to please AS--whether she "demanded" it be done or not--and it's completely destructive to the show as a whole. I for one do not want to watch Sami pregnant YET AGAIN. Do we need another DiBrady baby? No. Do we need Sami to have four children? No. And if EJami is coming, and I pray it is not, if this is the way to get them together, because EJ feels twice as much obligation because they now have twice as many children together. . . wow, that's romantic. I haven't felt any attraction between EJ and Sami in months and months, and I don't look for that to improve with this storyline.

I hate to say this about even a fictional character, but Sami miscarrying would make the storyline more tolerable to me. At least it would be different.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Nick gets a DUI? okay, I like to see this..Nick turning into a bad boy :)

Fuzzy

Nicole's getting a DUI? Hopefully, this happens before she finds out she's pregnant.

Sounds like Sami's going to be kidnapped.

I also hate to say this, but I'm hoping for two miscarriages. Aside from the inherent sleaziness of two women being pregnant with EJ's child at the same time, the show does not need anymore babies. I don't want EJ to pick Sami because they have two kids as opposed to one. And I don't want to see him torn between his children. That's not my idea of a fun storyline.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Either way, two women preggers by one man, is just horrible writing plain and simple.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Fuzzy, NICK gets a DUI!! :)

Fuzzy

JANALH
Sep 25 2008, 01:38 PM
Fuzzy, NICK gets a DUI!! :)
Oops! I guess I think of Nicole whenever alchohol's involved...

But Nick getting the DUI sounds much much more interesting. :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Sep 25 2008, 10:49 AM
Alligato
Sep 25 2008, 10:30 AM

Alligato, this is exactly my problem with this storyline. Well, that and I'm so tired and sick of Sami and I wish she would just fall off the face of the earth. But to me writing this storyline is to please AS--whether she "demanded" it be done or not--and it's completely destructive to the show as a whole. I for one do not want to watch Sami pregnant YET AGAIN. Do we need another DiBrady baby? No. Do we need Sami to have four children? No. And if EJami is coming, and I pray it is not, if this is the way to get them together, because EJ feels twice as much obligation because they now have twice as many children together. . . wow, that's romantic. I haven't felt any attraction between EJ and Sami in months and months, and I don't look for that to improve with this storyline.

I hate to say this about even a fictional character, but Sami miscarrying would make the storyline more tolerable to me. At least it would be different.
Which makes me wonder if we're not back to the "diva" attitude, and as a compromise, Scott was fired, but Dena was told to put up and shut up when it came to Ali. So, whether she was writing her own stuff or not, now it STILL comes back to what she wants rather than what might be good for the show.

DAMN!!! This crap gives me a headache. I'm going to go listen to little kids pound on the piano a while. :drunk:
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 25 2008, 01:48 PM.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I am so not looking forward to the two pregnancies by one man storyline. Crap. Babies with two different fathers was bad enough. Perhaps they should make Lucas the father of both twins then Nicole and Sami would be on equal footing with EJ.

Pass the bottle Lady! :drunk:
Edited by ArizonaDaze, Sep 25 2008, 02:18 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I just pray Sami loses the baby...3 kids is enough for that woman....I would love for Sami and Lucas to get into a huge accident and Sami loses the baby and Lucas dies...Thus sending Sami out of town for her maternity leave...That would be a huge story...I've always liked Lucas, but i'd be okay with him being the vet thats out..

Pearly
Member Avatar

cjknick
Sep 25 2008, 10:48 AM
I wonder what In the world EJ has to make a decision about?

EJ's got so much on his plate right now it could be a number of things.... It could be whether or not he should have Nicole move into the mansion, it could be a marriage proposal to Sami or Nicole, It could be he has to decide on defending someone on a murder case, It could be that the mayor wants him to be the new city prosecutor, it could be that he has to decide to either be on John's side, Tony's side or Stefano's side.
Next week:

Nick gets a DUI
EJ James is forced to make a choice

FIXED!

Kyrai

Daytime
Sep 25 2008, 01:36 PM
Either way, two women preggers by one man, is just horrible writing plain and simple.
I have no idea what they have planned for this story, but I don't mind seeing what they are planning. Possibly/probably nothing, but can't be much worse than what we've had, and it could be something unexpected and interesting.

I don't mind Sami being pregnant again.

I don't like Nicole being pregnant for two reasons:
1) The alcoholic aspect is rather frightening, but I'm assuming they will just pretend Nicole never drank.
2) I like Nicole as a villainous. I don't really want her as a nice doting new mom. I like that she's shallow and shady. We don't have many villainous types as it is, and she plays that really well. However, I can get over that too.

It could possibly be interesting to see Nicole as a struggling working expectant mom assuming she's losing Vic's money and EJ doesn't just marry her to bail her out. I'd like to see a story dealing with things like earning money for a living.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Sep 25 2008, 02:35 PM
I just pray Sami loses the baby...3 kids is enough for that woman....I would love for Sami and Lucas to get into a huge accident and Sami loses the baby and Lucas dies...Thus sending Sami out of town for her maternity leave...That would be a huge story...I've always liked Lucas, but i'd be okay with him being the vet thats out..
That would be great.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sep 25 2008, 02:51 PM
Daytime
Sep 25 2008, 01:36 PM
I have no idea what they have planned for this story, but I don't mind seeing what they are planning. Possibly/probably nothing, but can't be much worse than what we've had, and it could be something unexpected and interesting.

I don't mind Sami being pregnant again.

I don't like Nicole being pregnant for two reasons:
1) The alcoholic aspect is rather frightening, but I'm assuming they will just pretend Nicole never drank.
2) I like Nicole as a villainous. I don't really want her as a nice doting new mom. I like that she's shallow and shady. We don't have many villainous types as it is, and she plays that really well. However, I can get over that too.

It could possibly be interesting to see Nicole as a struggling working expectant mom assuming she's losing Vic's money and EJ doesn't just marry her to bail her out. I'd like to see a story dealing with things like earning money for a living.

Now there is a refreshing concept. :applause:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply