Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW tidbits
Topic Started: Sep 25 2008, 08:25 AM (2,740 Views)
DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 25 2008, 10:49 AM
Alligato
Sep 25 2008, 10:30 AM

I think I don't like this story very much because the way Ali has put it up...she didn't want to hide behind pillows and plants and purses, she didn't want to inconvenience the prop guys, etc.
What about what is good for the story and the character??? Sami doesn't need another child!!! And I can't think of too many people who want to see Sami pregnant again after the chaos of her last pregnancy!!!

Alligato, this is exactly my problem with this storyline. Well, that and I'm so tired and sick of Sami and I wish she would just fall off the face of the earth. But to me writing this storyline is to please AS--whether she "demanded" it be done or not--and it's completely destructive to the show as a whole. I for one do not want to watch Sami pregnant YET AGAIN. Do we need another DiBrady baby? No. Do we need Sami to have four children? No. And if EJami is coming, and I pray it is not, if this is the way to get them together, because EJ feels twice as much obligation because they now have twice as many children together. . . wow, that's romantic. I haven't felt any attraction between EJ and Sami in months and months, and I don't look for that to improve with this storyline.

I hate to say this about even a fictional character, but Sami miscarrying would make the storyline more tolerable to me. At least it would be different.
I agree with all of this, except I don't feel bad about wishing a miscarriage on Sami.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Sep 25 2008, 02:35 PM
I just pray Sami loses the baby...3 kids is enough for that woman....I would love for Sami and Lucas to get into a huge accident and Sami loses the baby and Lucas dies...Thus sending Sami out of town for her maternity leave...That would be a huge story...I've always liked Lucas, but i'd be okay with him being the vet thats out..
Brilliant idea and I have a feeling we may get something like this.

Lumi becoming close again, Ali's pregnancy being written in so late in the game, Kate's illness, Sami pregnant again while Nicole is as well, a need for Sami to be off the canvas, Phloe coming together...too much is working against Lucas and the Fall previews said there would be some sort of catastrophe with Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole/Philip/Chloe/Morgan. Morgan may be gone but so far everything else has been onscreen as far as the previews go so I suspect the catastrophe will too.

Lucas and Sami are in an accident. She loses the baby, Lucas dies (perhaps maybe Kate needs a lung transplant and he can give it to her), EJ is brought closer to Sami...so many angles. Sami leaves to be with Will during this difficult time and to deal with things. It makes so much sense and creates so much story, even for Kate. It would make for a killer sweeps story too.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Sweeney, whose due date is in January, will most likely tape through the show's December holiday break. However, Higley insists her character won't be off the canvas too long.

"Gary (Tomlin, ex-producer) and I have come up with a scenario that will make it easy to pre and post tape scenes," says Higley. "So she won't be off camera that much."

This quote from the article makes me thing that they won't be writing Sami off for long, if at all. So, all who wish for Sami to be off screen for a month or two or even more may not get their wish. I still like Sami, but was looking forward to a little break from her and for Ali. Crap.

Mason

ArizonaDaze
Sep 26 2008, 12:39 PM
Sweeney, whose due date is in January, will most likely tape through the show's December holiday break. However, Higley insists her character won't be off the canvas too long.

"Gary (Tomlin, ex-producer) and I have come up with a scenario that will make it easy to pre and post tape scenes," says Higley. "So she won't be off camera that much."

This quote from the article makes me thing that they won't be writing Sami off for long, if at all. So, all who wish for Sami to be off screen for a month or two or even more may not get their wish. I still like Sami, but was looking forward to a little break from her and for Ali. Crap.
I hate this show.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't like Nicole or Sami being pregnant. Nicole has always been adamant that she doesn't want kids, she's stated that very recently in fact. Also Sami already has 3 damned kids---Will, Johnny & Allie, she's doesn't need another one. I hope both end up with miscarriages!
Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

I say the more DiMera babies the better!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 25 2008, 07:01 PM
Kevc1980
Sep 25 2008, 02:35 PM
I just pray Sami loses the baby...3 kids is enough for that woman....I would love for Sami and Lucas to get into a huge accident and Sami loses the baby and Lucas dies...Thus sending Sami out of town for her maternity leave...That would be a huge story...I've always liked Lucas, but i'd be okay with him being the vet thats out..
Brilliant idea and I have a feeling we may get something like this.

Lumi becoming close again, Ali's pregnancy being written in so late in the game, Kate's illness, Sami pregnant again while Nicole is as well, a need for Sami to be off the canvas, Phloe coming together...too much is working against Lucas and the Fall previews said there would be some sort of catastrophe with Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole/Philip/Chloe/Morgan. Morgan may be gone but so far everything else has been onscreen as far as the previews go so I suspect the catastrophe will too.

Lucas and Sami are in an accident. She loses the baby, Lucas dies (perhaps maybe Kate needs a lung transplant and he can give it to her), EJ is brought closer to Sami...so many angles. Sami leaves to be with Will during this difficult time and to deal with things. It makes so much sense and creates so much story, even for Kate. It would make for a killer sweeps story too.
Damn it, Tim, I hate it when I have to disagree with you. But, hell no!! :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ArizonaDaze
Sep 26 2008, 12:39 PM

This frightens me too.

The character of Sami needs a break. She's already had reduced airtime and that doesn't help. A complete break is needed so that the character can essentially have a fresh start when she returns. I think the idea Kev proposed and that I added to would help that along immensely.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Sep 25 2008, 03:17 PM
Paxton
Sep 25 2008, 10:49 AM
Alligato
Sep 25 2008, 10:30 AM

I think I don't like this story very much because the way Ali has put it up...she didn't want to hide behind pillows and plants and purses, she didn't want to inconvenience the prop guys, etc.
What about what is good for the story and the character??? Sami doesn't need another child!!! And I can't think of too many people who want to see Sami pregnant again after the chaos of her last pregnancy!!!

Alligato, this is exactly my problem with this storyline. Well, that and I'm so tired and sick of Sami and I wish she would just fall off the face of the earth. But to me writing this storyline is to please AS--whether she "demanded" it be done or not--and it's completely destructive to the show as a whole. I for one do not want to watch Sami pregnant YET AGAIN. Do we need another DiBrady baby? No. Do we need Sami to have four children? No. And if EJami is coming, and I pray it is not, if this is the way to get them together, because EJ feels twice as much obligation because they now have twice as many children together. . . wow, that's romantic. I haven't felt any attraction between EJ and Sami in months and months, and I don't look for that to improve with this storyline.

I hate to say this about even a fictional character, but Sami miscarrying would make the storyline more tolerable to me. At least it would be different.
I agree with all of this, except I don't feel bad about wishing a miscarriage on Sami.
yes yes and yes. her comments on the story bothered me too. who gives two flips about the prop guys having to hide you behind things? in no way does her character being pregnant do anything for the storyline, and frankly, i'm shocked they caved and allowed her to be pregnant. for me, this is clearly a last minute decision, since the last time sami had sex was about five months ago.

anyhow, she has a child with ej, and one with lucas. that is enough. her having another one with ej just doesn't make sense. he's already obligated to her because of johnny. throwing another child in the mix doesn't change anything, or make it more interesting.

i'm very disappointed that she will not be off screen for long. i personally need a break from sami, and one for a few months, not a few weeks. every time she's on screen, i literally cringe, and i used to like her.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I find it sad that a character that we loved, or loved to hate, has been so destroyed that we want her off our screen for a good long time.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ That's what happens from overexposure and complete character destruction for year after year.

Sami Brady is and will probably always be my favorite soap opera character, however, I wouldn't mind her not being in a story for months.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Sep 29 2008, 12:52 PM.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Me, too, Drew. Of all the characters on Days, Sami seems to have had the least character growth. I would really like to see her on her own with some way to support herself and the twins for once.

cassie1013

This is a STUPID storyline for Sami...3 kids in basically one year??!?! Are you freakin' kidding me????

Unless the baby dies or something. This has to stop!

cassie1013

May I add, I would have accepted this story had Sami slept with someone ELSE....ugh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply