Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Forbes March Headed To DAYS?
Topic Started: Sep 25 2008, 04:43 PM (3,183 Views)
FOOL4DOOL

Days has been adding extra cast for a while now. Pete the Bartender, the new nurse at the hospital, other doctors too.
(remember when Lexie was the only doctor, and she was everywhere at once. During the story where Marlena seemed to be killing all the major players, and Alice was sitting, sinking fast at her kitchen table. Paramedics were called, and Lexie was the only one that showed up! No ambulance, no men with a gurney and rescue equipment, just Lexie)
Point I'm making is new cast members are good. Not so boring, as it is having all stories revolving around the small core group. And it doesn't necessarily mean that someone is being let go if they bring in new people.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

FOOL4DOOL
Sep 26 2008, 01:33 PM
Days has been adding extra cast for a while now. Pete the Bartender, the new nurse at the hospital, other doctors too.
(remember when Lexie was the only doctor, and she was everywhere at once. During the story where Marlena seemed to be killing all the major players, and Alice was sitting, sinking fast at her kitchen table. Paramedics were called, and Lexie was the only one that showed up! No ambulance, no men with a gurney and rescue equipment, just Lexie)
Point I'm making is new cast members are good. Not so boring, as it is having all stories revolving around the small core group. And it doesn't necessarily mean that someone is being let go if they bring in new people.
Those are extras. Half of them don't even have enough lines to be credited when they are on.

FOOL4DOOL

I knew I wasn't being clear LOL. Even if they are extras. They are There, they are visible. It's not just a few people filling all functions, like it used to be.

Deleted User
Deleted User

IF Martha Madison is coming back as Belle, then maybe Forbes March isn't going to be Brady, but instead a nu and much improved Shawn Brady!?
Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Please no. They don't need Shelle version 4.0 or whatever. That would have been three Belles and three Shawns, not even mentioning the child versions of these characters. Sometimes things are best left over.
Now, bringing an original Belle back, one who worked well with Philip...now THAT's intriguing.......

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 26 2008, 06:49 PM
Please no. They don't need Shelle version 4.0 or whatever. That would have been three Belles and three Shawns, not even mentioning the child versions of these characters.
I try to forget that Charity Rahmer ever existed as Belle.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I could not see Forbes as Shawn. He looks nothing like Bo & Hope.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I've learned that Jason Cook is the only Shawn for me :wub2:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DolceDiMera
Sep 27 2008, 07:19 PM
I've learned that Jason Cook is the only Shawn for me :wub2:
Thank you, thank you!!! I never did like Brandon Beemer in that role. Frankly, I think they recasted Shawn WAAYY too quickly.
No, I think Forbes could do the Eric thing. There are probably relatively newer viewers like me (well, at least for the 21st century, LOL) who could adapt to a new Eric better than a new Shawn.

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 27 2008, 06:42 PM
I could not see Forbes as Shawn. He looks nothing like Bo & Hope.
ITA. FM as Shawn would just be bizarre. He'd even be weird as Brady, IMO.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I dont think Forbes as Brady would be any weirder than blonde Kyle Lowder playing John and Isabella's son for five years.

FM is pretty bad though.
Edited by Drew, Sep 27 2008, 10:29 PM.

FanODays

I don't give a flying fig who he would play, the last thing Days needs right now is more characters. They have enough of a problem writing for the ones they have.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

thats the kind of thinking that has caused the american soaps to stagnate.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

FanODays
Sep 28 2008, 06:36 AM
I don't give a flying fig who he would play, the last thing Days needs right now is more characters. They have enough of a problem writing for the ones they have.
The show needs fresh faces...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

They need to make sure the fresh faces have a decent story. They had wonderful talent in Borne and Ashby, but they blew it.
To say that a show doesn't need fresh faces is like saying someone shouldn't move into your town because they're not established.
But I can see what you're saying as far as stories go. Let's give Tomlin/Whitesell a chance, though, to see what stories they might develop. Good grief, there's so much changing of the guard at Days...no wonder they can't develop stories!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

ladyofthelake
Sep 28 2008, 04:51 PM
They need to make sure the fresh faces have a decent story. They had wonderful talent in Borne and Ashby, but they blew it.
To say that a show doesn't need fresh faces is like saying someone shouldn't move into your town because they're not established.
But I can see what you're saying as far as stories go. Let's give Tomlin/Whitesell a chance, though, to see what stories they might develop. Good grief, there's so much changing of the guard at Days...no wonder they can't develop stories!
as long as they keep Corday and Higley, and the show will never get to where it needs to be. Tis a shame. At this point, I dont know if there's anything that they could do to get me to watch.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2008/09/forbes-march-headed-to-days
Vote to see him on DOOL.

Days4Life

Rakesh198
Sep 28 2008, 03:45 PM
FanODays
Sep 28 2008, 06:36 AM
The show needs fresh faces...
I don't have a problem with fresh faces as long as they hire good actors and give them good stories. I do see a problem with the size of the cast, though. We have contract actors that don't have much of anything to do and haven't had a good story for a long time. Are they going to continue to pay the cast they have AND pay for new actors? If so, I don't want to hear another word about budget problems. However, if they start cutting vets to bring on new faces, that will lead to a lot of resentment, especially if the vet cut has a large fanbase, and the new characters will be hated before they are even given a chance.

Mason
Member Avatar

DAYS doesn't need to add any more people until it gets rid of the dead weight (i.e. Roman, Max, Stephanie, Daniel, Lucas, Chloe, etc.).

Days4Life

You're exactly right, Mason, but the problem is DAYS never cuts the right people. They leave the dead weight and get rid of characters like Shawn and Belle, who at the time were in a hot, frontburner story. It doesn't make sense.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply